ADVERTISEMENT

The Minnesota Miracle

They've been to 4 NFC Championship games over the last 20 years. Once again, you are ignoring facts and data. This is getting embarrassing for you.
All losses. This is getting embarrassing for the Vikings. What is their record in Super Bowls?

1. Jacksonville
2. Philadelphia
3. Minnesota
4. Pittsburgh
5. Los Angeles/New Orleans
How long have you been pondering this question? I am hearing a lot of Viking fans complain about Spielman. Isn't he the one who put this amazing roster together?

actually you and the other purple clown are the one's making the ludicrous claims here.

the film doesn't lie.

You are correct. And it happens to validate everything I've been saying in this thread. Thanks for backing me up.

How long have you been pondering this question? I am hearing a lot of Viking fans complain about Spielman. Isn't he the one who put this amazing roster together?

We have a lot of idiot fans, as does any other fanbase. Since Rick started making all of the personnel decisions he has been excellent, as evidenced by the roster he's put together.

actually you and the other purple clown are the one's making the ludicrous claims here.

the film doesn't lie.

You specifically called him out. Your hackish troll job not withstanding (you’re exposing yourself in many threads, btw), you offered zero information to back your claim.

Provide analysis and evidence to back your claim, admit you know nothing, or clarify what we already know - that you’re a low grade troll.

You are correct. And it happens to validate everything I've been saying in this thread. Thanks for backing me up.
So you haven't watched football before this year, and didn't bother to watch the NFC Championship game.

Duly noted.

You specifically called him out. Your hackish troll job not withstanding (you’re exposing yourself in many threads, btw), you offered zero information to back your claim.

Provide analysis and evidence to back your claim, admit you know nothing, or clarify what we already know - that you’re a low grade troll.
Remember when your coach...? well...

Denny Green
He penned a book in 1997 entitled "No Room for Crybabies" in which he threatened to sue the ownership group if he didn't obtain an ownership stake.

1. Jacksonville
2. Philadelphia
3. Minnesota
4. Pittsburgh
5. Los Angeles/New Orleans

So, not including Atlanta, a "top-two team" (according to your metric) from last year, and a top 8 this year, not the "top-one" Patriots, not the Chiefs, or Panthers, or Cowboys. Of course this is all very subjective, so you can't be wrong. But what do ALL of those teams have? QBs. Wentz, Big Ben, Goff, Brees, Brady, Newton, etc. But you are confident that "1 of the 3" at Minn. makes up for that.

Yes, like the Packers. Which causes huge problems for y'all. They won 7, two losses to the Vikings, one in which they scored no points. I can't imagine any rational fan thinking that this result would repeat with Rodgers back. I think one has to assume they lose Keenum, and will have to choose between Teddy and Bradford, because surely they don't want to repeat their roster spots this year. If they get just one of those QBs they will be backing him up with something worse than they had this year, and can't actually hope to run in to another Keenum-type run to the playoffs. Any NFL team without a QB is a scary prospect, regardless of the rest of the roster. The NFL has proven that time and again.

That’s a lot of assumption on behalf of the packers and against the Vikings. Can that scenario happen? Sure. But you’re not using the same logic when comparing the two.

Ironic since you’re calling out Vikings fans for the same, even with a much more stable roster. The Packers are old, over paid, and need a lot of help beyond Rodgers.

That’s a lot of assumption on behalf of the packers and against the Vikings. Can that scenario happen? Sure. But you’re not using the same logic when comparing the two.

Ironic since you’re calling out Vikings fans for the same, even with a much more stable roster. The Packers are old, over paid, and need a lot of help beyond Rodgers.

I'm not assuming the Packers will beat them. I am assuming (and I think every rational Vikings fan would agree) that the Packers would score more than 0 points with Rodgers back and healthy. Hey, if you are confident in beating Rodgers, great. He is 12-7 against you and averages it appears, over 30 points per game. Presuming a good Vikings defense can keep that under 20, that is two potential losses each year. Again, I'm not assuming losses, and never did in the post you refer to.

I'm not assuming the Packers will beat them. I am assuming (and I think every rational Vikings fan would agree) that the Packers would score more than 0 points with Rodgers back and healthy. Hey, if you are confident in beating Rodgers, great. He is 12-7 against you and averages it appears, over 30 points per game. Presuming a good Vikings defense can keep that under 20, that is two potential losses each year. Again, I'm not assuming losses, and never did in the post you refer to.

Idiots wear purple. At least he (reluctantly I am sure) put philly ahead of MN in his (completely objective) roster ratings.

Which interestingly enough are based on nothing but his opinion.

Reactions: HKI
read some of the idiot posts on this thread and that should tell you.

I can tell you all the damn packer fans that popped up all over the country during the Favre years was worse. People 1500 miles a way with no connection to Wisconsin or even ever stepped foot in the state buying cheese heads and acting all high and mighty.

Every fan base has them and they come and go with the Wins. Lol at all the Golden State fear you see. 10 years ago most people couldn’t answer the question “name the NBA team that calls the Bay Area home”.

Sitting in the stadium for the miracle game I can tell you most of the people were die hards and they wanted it so bad. It was amazing to see the city go all-in emotionally.

We have a lot of idiot fans, as does any other fanbase. Since Rick started making all of the personnel decisions he has been excellent, as evidenced by the roster he's put together.
I wouldn’t go that far.

The Treadwell pick was awful. He completely ignored the problems at offensive line far too long costing them any chance to compete in 2016. He seems to not want to use high draft picks in lineman.

Wasting draft picks on kickers and punters. His punter sucked and his kicker cost them a playoff game.

Refusing to bring in any real competition for Pindet because he was worried about hurting his feelings.

Hiring Frazier. Enough said.

Make no mistake. Speilmans ass was on the line this season.

I can tell you all the damn packer fans that popped up all over the country during the Favre years was worse. People 1500 miles a way with no connection to Wisconsin or even ever stepped foot in the state buying cheese heads and acting all high and mighty.

Every fan base has them and they come and go with the Wins. Lol at all the Golden State fear you see. 10 years ago most people couldn’t answer the question “name the NBA team that calls the Bay Area home”.

Sitting in the stadium for the miracle game I can tell you most of the people were die hards and they wanted it so bad. It was amazing to see the city go all-in emotionally.

I can definitively say the same about Vikings fans this year. A whole lot popped up these last few weeks, a lot of whom I remember as Packers/Bears fans in years past. I'll bet that game was phenomenal, and can remember a few Hawkeye games in the same light.

FWIW, I’m not arguing with a homer hat on. Rodgers is HOF. I think their team is fading and will need to get younger quickly. Recently, Detroit has been tougher for the Vikings and they have a very good QB.

Either way, I absolutely would like to see stability at QB. I feel they should try to sign Keenum (unless his price goes past $20 million/year), keep Sloter and bring in a capable back up, to battle for back up. Reason being, we don’t have time to wait for the next star QB. Their window is another year or two, so Keenum will have to do. If he’s consistent like this year, he’ll be fine.

I think also really they need a very good starting DT (Keeping Tom Johnson as a high end reserve), a starting right guard (preferably somewhere in the draft, in rounds 1-3.) along with better OL depth. Maybe another slot corner and they also need a quality back up DE, especially if Robison retires. Dalvin Cook has to rebound back to previous ability, along with the team staying healthy in the offseason. Those are just off the top of my head question marks.

If they do all that and considering they lose no high end free agents, they’ll have as good a shot as anyone to contend for the Super Bowl. Hopefully that reads as I mean it, which is even good teams come back with many question marks and I’m aware things can go south in a hurry.

I think they will be very tough for a couple years. The Eagles undoubtedly kicked their ass, but I see that as a Iowa getting blown out by average AU/ASU teams on the road type of a game. There’s too much evidence that was an outlier and sometimes shit happens to all teams. That said, they better figure out what broke down and they need to do it ASAP.

Reactions: HKI
FWIW, I’m not arguing with a homer hat on. Rodgers is HOF. I think their team is fading and will need to get younger quickly. Recently, Detroit has been tougher for the Vikings and they have a very good QB.

Either way, I absolutely would like to see stability at QB. I feel they should try to sign Keenum (unless his price goes past $20 million/year), keep Sloter and bring in a capable back up, to battle for back up. Reason being, we don’t have time to wait for the next star QB. Their window is another year or two, so Keenum will have to do. If he’s consistent like this year, he’ll be fine.

I think also really they need a very good starting DT (Keeping Tom Johnson as a high end reserve), a starting right guard (preferably somewhere in the draft, in rounds 1-3.) along with better OL depth. Maybe another slot corner and they also need a quality back up DE, especially if Robison retires. Dalvin Cook has to rebound back to previous ability, along with the team staying healthy in the offseason. Those are just off the top of my head question marks.

If they do all that and considering they lose no high end free agents, they’ll have as good a shot as anyone to contend for the Super Bowl. Hopefully that reads as I mean it, which is even good teams come back with many question marks and I’m aware things can go south in a hurry.

I think they will be very tough for a couple years. The Eagles undoubtedly kicked their ass, but I see that as a Iowa getting blown out by average AU/ASU teams on the road type of a game. There’s too much evidence that was an outlier and sometimes shit happens to all teams. That said, they better figure out what broke down and they need to do it ASAP.

I agree. As good a shot as anyone, which is about 1 in 8 off the top of my head. They are in the running. .... with a QB. I'm not sure they actually have one, and that would be a huge concern. BTW, I'm all in on Cook, I think he is going to be fantastic. Not an AP, but an AP doesn't win you the superbowl anymore. I think they should take Wadley and attempt to use him like Brees does.

All losses. This is getting embarrassing for the Vikings. What is their record in Super Bowls?

So you made an inaccurate statement and are now doubling down with a more irrelevant statistic? Well done. I though you were being serious this whole time, it's my fault for falling for the troll job.

So, not including Atlanta, a "top-two team" (according to your metric) from last year, and a top 8 this year, not the "top-one" Patriots, not the Chiefs, or Panthers, or Cowboys. Of course this is all very subjective, so you can't be wrong. But what do ALL of those teams have? QBs. Wentz, Big Ben, Goff, Brees, Brady, Newton, etc. But you are confident that "1 of the 3" at Minn. makes up for that.

The Falcons very well could be, and maybe should be #5 on there. I made the list off the top of my head before heading to practice. No, I don't think the Patriots have a top 5 roster, more in the 8-10 range. They have the greatest QB and TE of all-time, but their WRs and RBs are average as usual and their defense is really bad. Chiefs and Panthers would be in the top 10 range, but not top 5, so right in there. Cowboys roster doesn't really impress me, but top 15 for sure. But no way am I taking any of those rosters over anyone in my top 5. Again, it's all subjective, feel free to disagree. No one really cares that much. And yes, I'm confident that if the Vikings brought back any of the 3 QBs that were on their roster, they would again be very good next year with a really good roster. To each their own.

I wouldn’t go that far.

The Treadwell pick was awful. He completely ignored the problems at offensive line far too long costing them any chance to compete in 2016. He seems to not want to use high draft picks in lineman.

Wasting draft picks on kickers and punters. His punter sucked and his kicker cost them a playoff game.

Refusing to bring in any real competition for Pindet because he was worried about hurting his feelings.

Hiring Frazier. Enough said.

Make no mistake. Speilmans ass was on the line this season.

I really wanted Treadwell and thought he was far and away the best WR left on the board, as did many of the guys doing TV coverage, so I'm not gonna blame him for that one. But he has been a bust so far, yes.

He took Blair Walsh in the 6th round, and he gave us 3 very good years before completely melting down. A 6th rounder that doesn't pan out is not a wasted draft pick, it's a complete crap shoot in the later rounds. And then he drafted Jeff Locke in the 5th who started for 4 years, although he was unspectacular. Again, certainly not a wasted pick, especially in that round.

Agree on the Ponder part.

He did not have the authority to hire Leslie Frazier, he was still in the "triangle of authority" at that time so only had input. When he was given the power to make a coaching change, he hired Mike Zimmer.

Maybe it was, but there's no doubt he's put together a strong roster. Of course there have been bad decisions along the way, just like with every other organization when dealing with hindsight.

I dislike Vikings fans because I have found though my 35 years of life that their fans are out of touch, loud, unknowledgeable and generally completely irrational.

Aren’t you from the East side DSM? Sounds to me like they’d be like extended family, no?

So you made an inaccurate statement and are now doubling down with a more irrelevant statistic? Well done. I though you were being serious this whole time, it's my fault for falling for the troll job.
Your idiocy about the Vikings 'historic' defense....well it's just funny that YOU would double down on that after they showed clearly that they are not great--- on the field, the only place it matters.

I'll say this-- the Vikings stats may have been the best in some categories in the 2017 season, but I can assure you they did not scare offenses like the recent Denver and Seattle defenses, not to mention the Tampa and Ravens defenses also cited previously. I am not sure the eagles are not better right now.

But carry on as if last Sunday never happened.

1. QB by a long shot.
2. Pass rusher
3. LT (assuming the QB is right handed)
4. Safety that can cover and tackle
5. DT

I can agree with this. The Vikings don't have #1 right now, no matter what boji thinks. They may have Keenum, who may or may not be great, may or may not have had one pretty good season. But if he comes back it will be under a different coordinator, and he reportedly had a great relationship with the last one. I like Bradford and see him as an Alex Smith (who had a surprisingly great year), he gets it done, but doesn't light anything up. Who knows what they've got with Teddy anymore, but I liked him when I saw him. A top QB in the league? Not any one of those three would be considered as such. Shit, Eli would be an upgrade.

The Vikes have some very good DBs, so I'll grant them #4. I think the Dline is better stopper than rusher, but I'd even grant them #5.

Serious question: what happened to that secondary on Sunday? I was surprised to see guys catching passes with no one around them pretty regularly.

Serious question: what happened to that secondary on Sunday? I was surprised to see guys catching passes with no one around them pretty regularly.

Good gracious, move on. It is the NFL. What happened to the Patriots when they got pounded by the Chiefs? Or the Steelers embarrassed by the Jags? I get that boji is as homerific and silly as they come, but one game doesn't prove much. It just made it fun to laugh at him.

Good gracious, move on. It is the NFL. What happened to the Patriots when they got pounded by the Chiefs? Or the Steelers embarrassed by the Jags? I get that boji is as homerific and silly as they come, but one game doesn't prove much. It just made it fun to laugh at him.

And I'm still right. Can't argue with stats and data. God damn, I'm good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT