ADVERTISEMENT

** The Official FSU @ Boston College Thread! **

We are so, so bad. We cannot even line up, how can we expect to actually execute a play?

Over the last few years, I am pretty sure I have seen FSU flagged for more alignment penalties (illegal formation, offsides without jumping - simply lining up in the neutral zone) than I have seen in the devious 40 years watching football for ALL of the teams I cheer for (FSU, local high school, and the Bucs - including the expansion year Bucs)

Reactions: BelemNole
On Saturday morning’s ACC Network show, former UGA and Miami head coach Mark Richt spoke about Haggins as FSU’s interim head coach.

Odell Haggins is Florida State football,” Mark Richt said. “He was a great player there, he was back there when they had the Seminole rap. He was there during the golden years of coach Bobby Bowden. He’s a special man and knows what it takes to win at Florida State.”

Richt went on to insinuate that the Florida State administration might want to give Haggins a realistic look to become the next head coach.

“There was in interim coach at LSU down in Baton Rouge that did real well and then they said, ‘well let’s hire this guy’.Let’s see what happens and how it works out. He coached d-line and what does Odell coach? D-line. I know know, it’s worked out pretty good so far?”

“I’m telling you, Odell has those kids' respect.”

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-Haggins-is-Florida-State-football-138255599/

Reactions: funksouljon
Odell...
giphy.gif

Great game yesterday. We were on the sunny side of the stadium thankfully.

DJ scored that touchdown right down the sideline in front of us. He's a good dude - he stayed after to hang out and take pictures with my nephew.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonolz and DFSNOLE
After the game, interim head coach Odell Haggins was asked when he knew Travis would be part of the game plan for this contest.

"I told Kendal Briles. He said something to me about it. I said, 'Kendal, run your offense. You make that decision. Let's go with it. I'll support you,’” Haggins said. “And I went to Jordan, fist-bumped him, 'Hey, you a Seminole, brother. Our standards here are very high. You get in there, you make the plays, you do what you supposed to do.' And left it at that.'"

After the game, interim head coach Odell Haggins was asked when he knew Travis would be part of the game plan for this contest.

"I told Kendal Briles. He said something to me about it. I said, 'Kendal, run your offense. You make that decision. Let's go with it. I'll support you,’” Haggins said. “And I went to Jordan, fist-bumped him, 'Hey, you a Seminole, brother. Our standards here are very high. You get in there, you make the plays, you do what you supposed to do.' And left it at that.'"

Damn, Odell’s the best.

Q. A lot of former Florida State players are in coaching whether it be college or high school, a lot of your former teammates and just guys from the program. Do you think that’s a reflection on Coach Bowden and the leadership you guys had or why do you think that is?

ODELL HAGGINS: Hey, that’s big, man. And it’s funny though I called coach, Coach [Bobby] Bowden this morning. I called Mickey Andrews and Coach [Jim] Gladden and Coach [Wally] Burnham. I said, Thank you, thank you all very much. They said, Why? They said, You did that. And I said, No, coach, y’all did it the Florida State way, I learned a lot from y’all. What y’all see in me now, that’s what I learned from a lot of ya’ll and my mother. And they instilled integrity in us and character and never quit. And that’s why I’m able to stand up here now and talk and be the interim head coach because of men like Coach Bowden, men like Mickey Andrews, who was honest with you and will work you and love you and didn’t lie to you. That’s why I’m standing up here now. Men like that. I’m able to go out and lord willing, perform at the highest level.

Reactions: funksouljon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT