ADVERTISEMENT

***Official FSU @ Boston College Thread***

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
What: FSU travels to Chestnut Hill to open ACC play against the Boston College Eagles.

When: Noon eastern time

Weather Report: Cloudy and windy with periods of rain. High 71F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Watch: ABC

Listen: https://seminoles.leanplayer.com/mobile

Line: FSU -26.5

GO NOLES!

Last edited:
Reactions: noleclone2
Nothing good ever happens for us in rain games
I still remember that loss at Louisville back in early 2000s. It certainly is a big advantage to the underdog. Spread has gone from 28 to 24.5. Hopefully we can just run it down their throat. My bigger concern is injury on that wet turf.

Escaping this type of game with ease and saving key starters from injury are the type of luck you need for winning a title.

Key stat: FSU loves to run and BC struggles to stop it. FSU racked up 306 yards on 37 carries last week against Southern Miss; BC allowed 453 rushing yards in a loss to Northern Illinois and a narrow victory over Holy Cross.

I’ll be happy with a 27-7 type win. At some point I hope the program gets to have a normal starting schedule again. This has been: late neutral field start, home opener on short week that doesn’t end til after midnight, nooner @ the longest conference travel game right before the biggest game of the season on the road again at noon next week. :rolleyes:

I’ll be happy with a 27-7 type win. At some point I hope the program gets to have a normal starting schedule again. This has been: late neutral field start, home opener on short week that doesn’t end til after midnight, nooner @ the longest conference travel game right before the biggest game of the season on the road again at noon next week. :rolleyes:

Dolphins have to put up with this shit, too. Week one in Los Angeles; Week two in Boston.... only one home game the entire month of September when we have the biggest weather advantage.

Yep. I will say I LOVE just one home game in September though and saving them for cooler months. There had been a lot of seasons last 20 years where we had half our our home games in late August - September.

I will never forget that game in Jax against Southern Miss to start the season.

The result was bad enough, but the heat....they even let the Chiefs remove those heave coats so they wouldn't have heat stroke.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Weather is improving somewhat according to folks there in Boston. It’s nothing we aren’t used to in Florida.

Reactions: seminoleed
Dolphins have to put up with this shit, too. Week one in Los Angeles; Week two in Boston.... only one home game the entire month of September when we have the biggest weather advantage.

I'm fine with it. 4 of the last 5 games are at home and not having to go to Buffalo in January is worth it IMO. Win 2 of the next 3 and we're ahead of schedule.

I have seen parallels with this team and the 2013 team. And I remember being shocked watching a bad BC jump all over us the first half that year. Hope the same outcome here. But we looked very low energy vs a team that is making this game their season.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
BC is playing the run better than what they did the first 2 weeks
Except when Benson got the ball. Sometimes we get too cute. Benson was killing it, hitting the gap and moving the pile first two runs and then we gave three runs to our other backs who did not much at all. Made zero sense to not run him after getting the fourth down pick up. That is his spot.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Except when Benson got the ball. Sometimes we get too cute. Benson was killing it, hitting the gap and moving the pile first two runs and then we gave three runs to our other backs who did not much at all. Made zero sense to not run him after getting the fourth down pick up. That is his spot.
Agree. BC gave up over 200 yards on the ground to both NIU and Holy Cross. Pound it.

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT