ADVERTISEMENT

***Official FSU @ Boston College Thread***

Not reading this whole thread, can someone please explain to me the uniforms for FSU today? I've only seen the gold helmets and maroon or white jerseys. I was getting the teams confused today when I flipped the game on in the 4th quarter.

Not reading this whole thread, can someone please explain to me the uniforms for FSU today? I've only seen the gold helmets and maroon or white jerseys. I was getting the teams confused today when I flipped the game on in the 4th quarter.
We like to match our uniforms to our play, so we needed something really horrific for today.

Last edited:
That was ass. I had a feeling it would be a let down game; the opening schedule has been dumb. But fsu is way too talented to let that happen again.

Reactions: noleclone2
Jesus, just looked up final score. What happened? Is Boston better than everyone thought?
No. It was bad weather and we played our worst. We made a bunch of stupid mistakes. Luckily it didn’t kill us this year.

Georgia seemed to sleepwalk through their game, and Alabama was tied with South Florida, so hopefully no one notices.

Reactions: SolarHawk
No. It was bad weather and we played our worst. We made a bunch of stupid mistakes. Luckily it didn’t kill us this year.

Georgia seemed to sleepwalk through their game, and Alabama was tied with South Florida, so hopefully no one notices.
And Texas looked like crap until the 4th and Tenn crapped the bed too.

Reactions: mnole03
Are we actually benefiting from ACC officiating?

pig-fly.gif
Seems we haven’t been getting hosed this year like usual. Could it be that the ACC have told the officials to chill because we’re actively looking to leave the conference?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Need red pants white shirt and red helmets look best.

Every damn year at least one play I have a "oh we should have....., never mind, that was them". They should be forced to change their school colors.

So rumor going around town here is ton of players were sick. Can confirm there is a terrible upper respiratory and head cold AND also Covid going around Keon County and FSU. Might explain the play a lot. They did look sluggish from very start. If true, I hope they are all better by Saturday. I have had this cold since Labor Day and still have a cough. It is nasty.

Reactions: BelemNole
So rumor going around town here is ton of players were sick. Can confirm there is a terrible upper respiratory and head cold AND also Covid going around Keon County and FSU. Might explain the play a lot. They did look sluggish from very start. If true, I hope they are all better by Saturday. I have had this cold since Labor Day and still have a cough. It is nasty.

As good as his first two games were, I am still surprised they renamed the county in Coleman's honor

I’ve heard the same from several fraternos who are well connected. One of the recap shows also mentioned many on the team being sick.

Reactions: noleclone2
I am frankly shocked. Thought sure we'd drop to at least #5. And I can't say Texas as the new #3 is wrong.
I thought we would too until I saw so many other "top teams" play like hot garbage. Here's what ESPN had to say about is:

It could be many of the teams occupying the top 25 slots in college football were looking ahead a week to their conference openers. Or it could be some of those teams aren't as good as first thought. Or maybe they just needed a wakeup call.

Whatever the reason, several ranked teams -- Georgia, Florida State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama and Texas, to name a few -- got off to slow starts against teams they should (and in some cases did) beat handily.

Not everyone got out of Saturday unscathed. No. 11 Tennessee once again lost in the Swamp and No. 15 Kansas State lost on a 61-yard walk-off field goal by Missouri.

Here's a look at whether those slow starts and closer-than-expected finishes affect the power rankings after Week 3.

No. 3 Florida State Seminoles (3-0)​

A win is a win, but the truth is the Seminoles are lucky to have left Boston College with a victory. Boston College outplayed Florida State for wide stretches -- controlling the ball and the clock on offense, while quarterback Thomas Castellanos gave the FSU defense fits. Though Florida State built a 31-10 lead in the third quarter, two costly fumbles -- including a scoop and score, kept the Eagles in the game until the final minute. BC ended up outgaining Florida State 457 to 340 in yards in the 31-29 loss. The Seminoles dropped a spot in the power rankings. There will be plenty for the Seminoles to clean up before a huge ACC showdown next week at Clemson. -- Andrea Adelson

Up next: at Clemson (noon ET, ABC)

Agree. How does Colorado move up a spot after needing double overtime to beat lowly Colorado State at home?
They didn’t lose. That’s how rankings work.

Vegas added another touchdown to the spread against Oregon. They clearly weren’t impressed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT