ADVERTISEMENT

***THE OFFICIAL IOWA VS SDSU GAME THREAD***

As many have said, the reason Charlie Jones left Iowa was laid bare today. Not going to fault Charlie as he probably understood the quarterback and coaching situation. Putras is not very good, "captain obvious", and if he is considered the best of the 3 quarterbacks on the team, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.
Evan Podolack was a loss for words when asked about the offensive and he is the least person to be a loss for words.
Iowa basketball can't get here soon enough!....

That was hilarious!
I don't recall ever seeing such a massive differential in the quality and level of performance of a defense vs an offense.
The Iowa D is solid top 10. The Iowa O looks even worse than last season, which I honestly didn't think was possible.
There's a good argument that the offense didn't contribute anything positive to impact the outcome of that game. It was won entirely on the basis of D and special teams play.
Well, there WERE some good punts.

As many have said, the reason Charlie Jones left Iowa was laid bare today. Not going to fault Charlie as he probably understood the quarterback and coaching situation. Putras is not very good, "captain obvious", and if he is considered the best of the 3 quarterbacks on the team, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.
Evan Podolack was a loss for words when asked about the offensive and he is the least person to be a loss for words.
Iowa basketball can't get here soon enough!....
Purdue: uber aggressive passing attack (0-1)

Iowa: non-existent offense that runs the ball and controls the clock and field position (1-0)

Sample size, but work with me here........ ;)

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Am I alone in thinking that BF is calling a solid game with our personnel issues? Doing what he can to give Petras time and put us in manageable third down situations and Petras flat out can’t execute
BF play calling has regressed, it wasn't good to begin with, 4 misdirection plays total. 3 passes and a jet sweep to A Bruce. Zero snap count variance. Very little variance in the offensive formations. Subpar effort.

BF play calling has regressed, it wasn't good to begin with, 4 misdirection plays total. 3 passes and a jet sweep to A Bruce. Zero snap count variance. Very little variance in the offensive formations. Subpar effort.
BF is at fault, but only because he has limited himself by trotting out an offense that can’t execute. Tough to crap on playcalling when the QB can’t hit open players and the OL can’t block

On a realistic note, when do the defensive players start to get upset? Its understandable if your playing a B1G team....but FCS? I dont think there would be a revolt but...
Doesn't our #1 Off play our #1 D everyday in practice?

Iowa: non-existent offense that runs the ball and controls the clock and field position (1-0)

Defense is the difference, if we had PUs defense we would have lost by 3 scores, min.

That folks, is the worst offense of the KF Era, period
Worst offense since FXL was the coach. Thank heavens we have an All-American punter. Not sure yet how good the Defense is, SDSU, while a very good FCS team is definitely not a Power 5 program.

Irritating that KF doesn't just come out and say what everyone knows... "Hey, I'm blessed with one of the best defensive coaches in the country, and because of that, I can employ my inept son as OC, eeek out these wins, and not apologize to anyone about my refusal to admit me and my son were wildly wrong about our QB."

Irritating that KF doesn't just come out and say what everyone knows... "Hey, I'm blessed with one of the best defensive coaches in the country, and because of that, I can employ my inept son as OC, eeek out these wins, and not apologize to anyone about my refusal to admit me and my son were wildly wrong about our QB."
His post-game comments are always such a joke.

I'll ask it again...how can ISU play revolving doors EVERY year with 3 QB's that are better than Putrid...it defies logic!!!

I
I'll ask it again...how can ISU play revolving doors EVERY year with 3 QB's that are better than Putrid...it defies logic!!!
We can't identify talent at the quarterback position. And the below average recruits we get, are certainly not seeing any development what-so-ever.

I mean, I'll take the "W" against anyone, but SP is easily the worst QB at Iowa in this century.

AINEC

I mean, I'll take the "W" against anyone, but SP is easily the worst QB at Iowa in this century.

AINEC
Jake Christiansen was pretty close….whats even worse is Petras gets credit for wins last year that clearly weren’t because of him.

What? I said I was retiring from posting the official game thread and if you can’t see the sarcasm then learn to read brA
i know what you meant and i said you might want to reconsider retirement coz you may just have provided the good luck for us to win despite zero o.

Run game wasn’t particularly effective today. Field position was mostly due to differences in kicking game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT