ADVERTISEMENT

*****THE OFFICIAL IOWA VS TROY GAME THREAD*****

over course of the season both need to carry the load equally. ideally one will step up when the other falters. over the last few seasons the D (and Tory) carried most of the load.
this season however began with a brand new oc, a brand new system, a qb who hasn't played in ages and is recovering from serious injuries. it is very reasonable to know and expect going in that the defense (and ST) must carry the team let's say for the entire ooc while the offense gels and gets fully installed. i don't think that's unreasonable strategy or expectation.
The defense has to be in top form from game one and the offense doesn't.
"Both sides have to contribute equally"

we all have a soft spot for phil and all that he has accomplished. i'm just talking about the isu game. just look at the defensive stats. look at the manner in which they played a couple of the more important series. it was pathetic. i will concede that 100% was harsh...90% then.
Dude, c'mon.

And as we're told over and over by the board yahoo's the backup QB is the best.
While I'd agree If Cade continues the way he's playing I'd sure like to see what Sullivan has, and not just because Cade is injured either, SURELY you can't be pleased with his play. Why did we bring Sullivan in and tell him he could compete for the job? I think he'd be fine being QB2 this year IF Cade was lighting it up, but thats clearly not the case.

Reactions: iafan44
Enough with the new OC, new system, QB is rusty, etc excuses. That's what practice is for. This team has 17-19 returning starters (depending on who's numbers you go with)...it's veteran. "They're not ready yet" is bullshit.
Yep, no excuse when you have possibly the oldest and most experienced team ever in college football, especially on defense, and then the Clones went through the D like shit through a goose in the 4th quarter.

While I'd agree If Cade continues the way he's playing I'd sure like to see what Sullivan has, and not just because Cade is injured either, SURELY you can't be pleased with his play. Why did we bring Sullivan in and tell him he could compete for the job? I think he'd be fine being QB2 this year IF Cade was lighting it up, but thats clearly not the case.
Cade wasn't the only Hawkeye to stink it up so how many should we bench?

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
they put up 19 points and 30+ TOP. not enough but massively better than last year. yet we lost. you tell me where the drop-off (which was massive) occurred last week.
I'd say from the second quarter on, Iowa was outcoached. Reality is, we've had 3 or 4 quarters of good offensive football out of 8. 2 against an out-manned FCS team.

Reactions: AEG82 and desihawk
At Calf Show Days in Schleswig, Iowa.

I'm using this thread to stay up to date.

DO NOT LET BUTTERS DOWN YOU FILTHY ANIMALS!

Go Hawks!

• Haha
Reactions: AEG82
I'd say from the second quarter on, Iowa was outcoached. Reality is, we've had 3 or 4 quarters of good offensive football out of 8. 2 against an out-manned FCS team.
i agree. my ire is directed at phil to a greater extent than lester. i have no issues if others apportion their ire differently :)

Reactions: AEG82
we all have a soft spot for phil and all that he has accomplished. i'm just talking about the isu game. just look at the defensive stats. look at the manner in which they played a couple of the more important series. it was pathetic. i will concede that 100% was harsh...90% then.
90%?.............................

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT