ADVERTISEMENT

The Waffle House is HUGE part of college football in the South

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Are we missing out or are they just nuts down there?

Anybody a huge Waffle House fan?

From the article:

They stand in line to get in, but they've come this far, and they know the wait is all part of the game-day experience.

This Waffle House in Auburn is a healthy 15-minute walk from Jordan-Hare Stadium, but like other locations across the South, it is an important first stop for many college football fans, a religious experience that is not to be missed.

Link to article: http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ge-football-saturday-sec-country-waffle-house

Last edited:
Waffle House is one of the few luxury restaurants we have down here.

From the article:

They stand in line to get in, but they've come this far, and they know the wait is all part of the game-day experience.

This Waffle House in Auburn is a healthy 15-minute walk from Jordan-Hare Stadium, but like other locations across the South, it is an important first stop for many college football fans, a religious experience that is not to be missed.

Link to article: http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ge-football-saturday-sec-country-waffle-house

Reactions: Randall Stanhope
Isn't there a waffle house (not this chain) in IC now? Like out towards the mall on the C strip someplace? I swear I saw one (not sure the name) when I was last back.

It's weird seeing that type of restaurant in Iowa. I know there was one in the QC years ago.

Waffles are awesome; kind of a novelty deal. Everything else is meh.

Last edited:

From the article:

So was enos and cooter there?

Nothing special. The one I ate in was pretty sketchy, but the food didn't suck. Probably a good nosh spot after the bars close.

Isn't there a waffle house (not this chain) in IC now? Like out towards the mall on the C strip someplace? I swear I saw one (not sure the name) when I was last back.

It's weird seeing that type of restaurant in Iowa. I know there was one in the QC years ago.

IHOP...definitely a couple notches above a waffle house.

The food is average at best. Usually its a 3am drunk stop for greasy food.

My problem is you can watch the cooks making your food from your table. Most of the cooks Ive seen look like they are meth users and they dont have the best personal hygiene.

From the article:

The Awful Waffle, no thanks they can keep it.

It's a greasy spoon that I always try to do when in the south. I love the food. Comfort food at its best.
Grits are always on the menu. Not my favorite but I like to try local cuisine when i can.

I lived in North Carolina for a few years and I absolutely love the Waffle House! Pancakes, cheesy scrambled eggs, coffee and grits with apple butter. Oh my, how I miss the Waffle House!!

The food is average at best. Usually its a 3am drunk stop for greasy food.

My problem is you can watch the cooks making your food from your table. Most of the cooks Ive seen look like they are meth users and they dont have the best personal hygiene.
You say that like it’s a bad thing. That’s part of the fun.

Reactions: PCBHAWK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT