ADVERTISEMENT

There will not be spring fball. It’s 10 degrees through March in the Midwest.

Start the last weekend in February. Play 7 games in 8 weeks (division + 1 cross over) 2 division winners play for the Big Championship May 1st. Spring practice usually ends around the time of the Big Championship on May 1st. 3 months off, only a 7 game season so wear and tear are not that bad honestly. have a full fall season to practice. It sucks, but it is easily plausible to see them playing 7-8 games and then having a fall season starting in September. If a major injury. you still have 4 months of recovery. ACL, knee issues aside.

The cold weather excuse works for baseball........not for football.

True. And yet the Iowa baseball team--and every other Big Ten team--has long been scheduling home games in March for quite a few years. So, OP, there are those damn facts again.

injuries. there will be no spring ball.

please explain, because I’m not following. Your typical wear and tear injuries do not take four months to heal. And anything acute like a blown ACL is no more likely to happen with this schedule.

please explain, because I’m not following. Your typical wear and tear injuries do not take four months to heal. And anything acute like a blown ACL is no more likely to happen with this schedule.

I don't follow either. I haven't heard a detailed explanation yet. People just keep repeating the same "you can't come back that fast" line with no further details. I think people are just upset about the decision and doing whatever they can to trash it. No reason 20 year old kids couldn't come back and play after three months off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT