ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

giphy.gif
I'm going to put my balls on a Russian face

Why does the west have to get involved with military when Ukraine is kicking the shit out of Russia's military, and all they have to do is supply the weapons. Putie will watch Russia lose the little respect, they once had. Getting your ass kicked in the last 2 conflicts you start just shows how weak you are.

I'm going to put my balls on a Russian face
Just don't put it on the internet like these guys:

A military court has dismissed charges against a former Marine scout sniper who pleaded guilty to urinating on Taliban corpses, finding that former Commandant Gen. James Amos had illegally interfered with the legal process at the outset.
Staff Sgt. Joseph W. Chamblin was reduced in rank to sergeant and ordered to pay $500 after he pleaded guilty to charges stemming from the 2011 incident in Afghanistan, which became a national scandal after video of the Marines urinating on the bodies was posted on YouTube in January 2012.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
You also have to take into account what is happening to the cities being pounded to dust.
Soon starvation deaths will become a serious problem. There were several hundred thousand trapped in Mariupol which will be the focus at first.

dit_nat_tos_drone_Mariupol_20220314_mk_1920x1080_2012594755779.jpg

While I think it will be a little slower than you think from here on out, the bigger question remains, "to what end?" Sanctions are not an end in themselves - that's a bit of a western/american mindset. Usually, the point of sanctions is to (i) create popular suffering so as to undermine domestic political support, resulting in regime change, (ii) create popular suffering so as to undermine domestic political support resulting in policy change, or (iii) to erode the capacity to make war (eg, by limiting raw materials, etc.).

My point is that the Russian system is not going to have a problem handling either (i) or (ii), since popular support (or even oligarchical support) is not the underpinning of the regime or policy. That leaves us with (iii), which will occur, but in a command/authoritarian economy, unfortunately slower than we might hope.

i and ii will happen with the evaporation of the Russian middle-classes.

What if Putin calculates the US/NATO won’t respond in kind if he uses a couple tactical nukes on the Ukrainians to make them concede?

He’d probably be right…we aren’t about to start trading nuclear strikes with the Russians over Ukraine. Lots of horrible possibilities in this conflict and I put nothing past Putin at this point.

What CAN be done is delineate very clearly: If Russia uses a tactical nuke, then they are 100% economically isolated, even from China. Russians in the West are expelled and sent back, 100% assets seized.

That it is an act from which Russia will not be able to turn back - they'll be walled off from the world.

That's the fear for me. There seems to be a clear divide between very authoritarian, hawkish, old timers who are close to Putin and who really want war to reclaim the USSR regardless of how many people have to die to do it.

There are also some more level headed people who think it's nonsense.

Just because Putin gets taken out (possibly) doesn't mean the next guy up is any better.
Is there a definite number two person who would take over if something happened to Putin?

One of this guys at the start of video calls other by name - Akhmat - this is traditional Chechen name. 99,9% they are Chechens

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT