ADVERTISEMENT

To all the negative Nancy’s

Of all things to worry about with Iowa football right now, Stanley has to be pretty low on the list. We’re 3-0, he’s thrown no interceptions and he hasn’t lost us any games with bad plays. We can always question a few decisions here and there and there are always a few overthrows. But all QBs have an overthrow here or there. I’d like to see him run a little more when the first down is there for the taking. If I was gonna worry, I’d worry about pretty much any other are first, except the kicking game/special teams.

3-0 feels REALLY good right now!

Nothing wrong with the tightends ?
They are zero threat right now in the passing game
Its either handoff or throw to a widereciever
Intermediate passing game is non existent

Lol, why? Stanley is what he is, nothing is gonna change this year. He will make some big throws, and he will miss some big throws. As usual, the Hawks will live and die by the D, and we have a pretty damn good D so I like this team a lot.
this is spot on. I might print it out and make a wrist band out of it to calm me down during games.

I’m not saying Stanley is a bad QB because he’s not. I’m just saying that his downfield inaccuracies force the D to show little respect and pack the box forcing more strain on our oline and running game. That will create more problems than need be against the Wisconsin’s and Penn State’s of the world.

Reactions: mstp1992
That play was clutch as **** and is the very reason he is being watched by the nfl. Great play.

I just love how all off season it was "Stanley needs to make plays with his feet, he's like a statue," then he rushes for our only touchdown on the road at ISU, he's thrown 6 TD's with no int's through 3 games, and people are still making up reasons to hate the guy. He dropped a dime on Brandon Smith which Smith drops or it would've been 6. People don't seem to have a problem with Smith, though. Just weird. Stanley will never win with some of our "fans."

I just love how all off season it was "Stanley needs to make plays with his feet, he's like a statue," then he rushes for our only touchdown on the road at ISU, he's thrown 6 TD's with no int's through 3 games, and people are still making up reasons to hate the guy. He dropped a dime on Brandon Smith which Smith drops or it would've been 6. People don't seem to have a problem with Smith, though. Just weird. Stanley will never win with some of our "fans."
He also overthrew Tracy by 5 yards which would have been a sure TD.

He’s good, but not great.

I was previously critical of his "escapabiity" which he has improved on. He has made some timely tuck and run plays with his feet, but lets not get carried away on the 1 yard QB sneak.

I agree there is a small percentage of fans that just love to be negative and complain! Stanley will probably end his career throwing more TD's than anyone else to wear Hawkeye Uni. Because he throws a little long his Interceptions are very low......I would much rather see long than short! You see balls thrown long in every game played ....our QB throws a couple long and some people go nuts ...over react is the word!! And all the wanna be coaches Omg. If it's so damn easy ....go be a a coach!! Just shut up ....enjoy the game and support the players and coaches.

Of all things to worry about with Iowa football right now, Stanley has to be pretty low on the list. We’re 3-0, he’s thrown no interceptions and he hasn’t lost us any games with bad plays. We can always question a few decisions here and there and there are always a few overthrows. But all QBs have an overthrow here or there. I’d like to see him run a little more when the first down is there for the taking. If I was gonna worry, I’d worry about pretty much any other are first, except the kicking game/special teams.

3-0 feels REALLY good right now!
If ISU dbs knew how to catch he could have 3 or so just last night.
He's not gonna get away with that vs mi/ps/wi.....

Seriously? We pulled out a win against ISU. Better teams have lost to this shit squad so I don’t know about y’all but I’m on cloud 9 right now. This feels so fvcking good to beat those shit stains!
giphy.gif

Stanley hits some nice ones and misses some (bad). He is no Chuck Long but he is better than many qb iowa has had. As far as missing him next year? I guess we will have to wait and see on that.

I was previously critical of his "escapabiity" which he has improved on. He has made some timely tuck and run plays with his feet, but lets not get carried away on the 1 yard QB sneak.
What about the 14yd run for a first down or his run a couple plays before the Td to set us up inside the tem yd line?

Reactions: mrF6n6
My only negative was that Ferentz (as usual) opted for a short FG instead of going for it on 4th and short...given the momentum the team appeared to have and OL surging and so close to end zone.....why settle for a FG? Get the first down and get that extra 4 points...which in this game was very very important.

The Clones only seem to really play well when they have a chance to upset some rank team....which they will probably still do this season...but then fall flat against some average team.

Great win but I still have major concerns with Stanley moving forward

Stanley is Stanley. He is the same old Stanley.

For those thinking we are going to see a different Stanley this year is wasting their time.

Not to mention that strike to ISM on 3rd and 22. Might be the best pass of he has ever completed.
True, but I was basically addressing birdisthewords comment that we shouldn't give Stanley credit for running more simply because he ran in a one yard TD. The pass you mentioned was an NFL level pass to be sure, and its that ability that has some teams interested, even with Stanleys warts.....

Reactions: NevadaHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT