ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the upside of Kirk continuing to coach?

gamedayron01

HR All-American
Jan 1, 2023
I’d love to hear it. This was a piss poor season with close wins against bad teams, and the worst QB in Iowa histoty never getting benched until the end of the bowl game.

Cade wasn’t much better than Spencer this season. The offensive scheme is broken and the defense is overrated.

This shit needs to end.

Well Phil Parker has shown to be extremely loyal to Kirk and if Kirk leaves he may choose to leave. We have a new offensive coordinator coming in and we can all hope that they will make some changes on the offense and may get more power than it appears the previous OC's have had. Maybe Kirk will realize that he should allow the OC to run their own offense (still aligning with his ball control type offense) and play who they feel is better.

Cade we never saw healthy and Marco proved that he should have been given a shot at times throughout the season to see how his passing is, but his legs would have helped.

Well Phil Parker has shown to be extremely loyal to Kirk and if Kirk leaves he may choose to leave. We have a new offensive coordinator coming in and we can all hope that they will make some changes on the offense and may get more power than it appears the previous OC's have had. Maybe Kirk will realize that he should allow the OC to run their own offense (still aligning with his ball control type offense) and play who they feel is better.

Cade we never saw healthy and Marco proved that he should have been given a shot at times throughout the season to see how his passing is, but his legs would have helped.
Kirk will never change. If his son can’t do thing different then nobody will be allowed to. Not defending Brains but it’s Kirk’s offense.

Cade was a crapshoot anyway coming off injury. Poor choice IMO to pay him to come here with this shit line.

There have been so many embarrassing national games lately. I would rather watch a mediocre team that scores 35 points than the same ole stuff.

Reactions: jhawk23
I’d love to hear it. This was a piss poor season with close wins against bad teams, and the worst QB in Iowa histoty never getting benched until the end of the bowl game.

Cade wasn’t much better than Spencer this season. The offensive scheme is broken and the defense is overrated.

This shit needs to end.
There's an upside for Kirk. He can become the winningest coach in the Big10 beating Woody Hayes.

His financial advisor will continue to make big commissions.
I'm not at all upset.
You ignorant asshats that pretend to be fans of Iowa are delusional.
Are you ready to be Rutgers, Purdue, Indiana Illinois, Northwestern, Nebraska, Maryland, Minnesota, ....?
I don't know, but **** that.
So many schools would pay buckets of money to be Iowa.......
Go Hawks!

Reactions: jayphawker
Nothing, but perhaps more tickets will be available and cheaper.

This shit needs to end.

I'm not at all upset.
Are you ready to be Rutgers, Purdue, Indiana Illinois, Northwestern, Nebraska, Maryland, Minnesota, ....?
Go Hawks!
May as well get ready for it because Kirk will not be here much longer no matter what.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
I'm not at all upset.
Go Hawks!

Please show me where he was a really good coach this season. They got smoked everytime they played a ranked team and lost to a crappy Minnesota team. Offense was historically bad.

Kirk needs to walk.
He got this team with a POS offense to 10 wins and Indy.

He did a great job coaching this team.

His failure was having this team.

Why are we so much better than Rutgers, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Minnesota? None of them can ever sniff a NC and neither can we. Big deal, we play in a Florida Bowl that doesn't mean jack shit.

He got this team with a POS offense to 10 wins and Indy.

He did a great job coaching this team.

His failure was having this team.
He didn’t do anything. Everything associated with him sucked. Offense and development was poor. The online has been bad for years and he’s a o line minded guy.

It’s his team. Stop making excuses for a coach who has been here for 20 plus seasons. They had a easy schedule and beat bad teams largely and got blown out by good ones.

Kirk is 100 percent to blame.

Why are we so much better than Rutgers, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Minnesota? None of them can ever sniff a NC and neither can we. Big deal, we play in a Florida Bowl that doesn't mean jack shit.
Iowa isn't much better than those programs anymore.

People who are emotionally invested in every season don't see how far this program has fallen from where it was in the 2000s.

It's not even in the ballpark anymore but the terrible division masks the reality of it.

I'm not at all upset.
Go Hawks!
You're right, there are other schools that aspire to be Iowa (not Nebby though). Iowa fans aspire to be like Michigan (minus the cheating), fOSU (minus the payoffs), Bama, or Georgia (see fOSU). Iowa fans look at this season and reasonably ask "what if we had afunctional offense?" and "why can't we have a functional offense?"

As many have said, and many will say, KF isn't going to be here forever.

Hayden wanted to go out in 1995 but the players wanted him to stay. By 1998 the AD make plans with Hayden to retire. Kirk needs to hang it up before thing regress which they will with the schedule getting harder now that the PAC-12 teams are joining. We need a fresh start.

Iowa isn't much better than those programs anymore.

People who are emotionally invested in every season don't see how far this program has fallen from where it was in the 2000s.

It's not even in the ballpark anymore but the terrible division masks the reality of it.
Correct. I rewatched that CapOne bowl vs LSU and that Iowa team would destroy this Iowa team on both sides of the ball and equal to on special teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT