ADVERTISEMENT

Today on twitter.

Boone was not overlooked by the Iowa staff. Walk-ons do not just appear. They are recruited.
"I sat in Boone Myers' High School Principals office and told him that, I remember telling him hey we don't think you are good enough for a scholarship that's the truth. Come prove us wrong. And he certainly did. It took like 4 snaps in camp to prove us wrong and I felt like a real bozo for telling him that. And we quickly got him on scholarship."

Reactions: Herkmeister

Iowa talk starts right around the 33 minute mark. Both guys were pretty complimentary of Iowa on the recruiting trail and coach Doyle.

I think the offer list for duggan will be huge.. could be a 5 star qb prospect when all said and done.. I hope Iowa can dig in and get him
He will get a lot more offers for sure. I knew once this got out that everyone would come knocking.

"-Council Bluffs (Ia.) quarterback Max Duggan was the best pure passer. Throwing the ball comes very natural to Duggan."

That was at an Under Armour camp in Chicago. He was competing against 2018 QBs too.

Reactions: John DeMarco

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Nixon news and available slots?

Good observation. But i thought he was to visit Minnesota this weekend
He was, but from interviews I have read he isn't a fan of big cities and he basically said this:

NDSU and Iowa are my choices right now, Minnesota only came calling after Iowa offered. (paraphrasing).

Reactions: fifteenandoh

A freshman in 1989, my roommate in Mayflower was Brian (Buse, his dad owned a construction company, you may know if you are from the area), we were heading north up to his parents place, and someone had painted over the Solon Beef Days sign to say Solon Beer Days. (painted over the F). I asked, as this was before the craft beer explosion, what brewer was in Solon, Iowa?

He corrected me, and being good, steak eating Iowa boys, we did often head up for the Solon Beef Days.

And congrats Tristan!

Sedge

Oh, and I would also like to give thanks for this excellent thread, though I am very active on twitter, I don't follow high school kids (well, once they become Hawks, maybe, but they will disappear from twitter!) so it is very nice to have this this one place to keep up on all the happenings.

Sedge

Oh, and I would also like to give thanks for this excellent thread, though I am very active on twitter, I don't follow high school kids (well, once they become Hawks, maybe, but they will disappear from twitter!) so it is very nice to have this this one place to keep up on all the happenings.

Sedge
I don't follow any of them either. I just post what people retweet from their pages. Following teenagers on social media isn't my cup of tea.

Need to get the 2 follow up tweets to this one on here to calm everyone down.

Last edited:
I'm sure he realizes Iowa looks at him as a top prospect while UT views him as a fall back recruit and treats him as such.

I'm sure he realizes Iowa looks at him as a top prospect while UT views him as a fall back recruit and treats him as such.
Yep and if he comes to Iowa he will hopefully have no regrets.. every former player that has invested into kirks system comes out a better person and loves the program/school

Yep and if he comes to Iowa he will hopefully have no regrets.. every former player that has invested into kirks system comes out a better person and loves the program/school
Sorry, but my guess is that he's gone. I'd agree that he'd benefit a ton from being at Iowa. However, not everybody is meant to become a Hawk.

Fleck wears skinny pants. SMH. Has any coach ever been to a bowl game that wore skinny pants? I don't think it's possible.

Fireable offense IMO

Reactions: Ree4 and cb_Iowa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT