ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Brands Stalemates interview

Ok. I’m willing to admit when I’m wrong.

do you guys remember the video of a few dudes chanting/heckling Terry when they got off the bus at Iowa state?

something about “Terry loves Nancy” -

with some crazy story about how Terry is/was having an affair with Nancy, the one armed waitress from the Blue Bird Diner.

So when he has ‘proof’ - I don’t doubt he found out that someone from the program (I wouldn’t put it past Dresser) paid those guys to do it.

Because it’s definitely not PSU paying people. Carl actually has a ton of respect for Tom and Terry. Not that he’s not above sowing seeds in places - but to pay them? Naw.

dresser? This seems right up his alley.

Reactions: el dub
Hmmm... if this holds, Coach Brands could be strategically engaging Zach of StaleMates to keep an 'enemy closer,' given Zach's an unapologetic ISU fan.

Then again, Zach could've strategically wrote his Coach Brands' salary essay with the hope ingratiating himself to similar ends on behalf of ISU.

(How's that for real tin foil hat material?!)

Reactions: el dub and vhsalum

do you guys remember the video of a few dudes chanting/heckling Terry when they got off the bus at Iowa state?

with some crazy story about how Terry is/was having an affair with Nancy, the one armed waitress from the Blue Bird Diner.

So when he has ‘proof’ - I don’t doubt he found out that someone from the program (I wouldn’t put it past Dresser) paid those guys to do it.

Because it’s definitely not PSU paying people. Carl actually has a ton of respect for Tom and Terry. Not that he’s not above sowing seeds in places - but to pay them? Naw.

maybe he was just finding a practice partner for ADS so when he wrestles RBY he has practice against the one armed wrestler. Terry was zigging while y’all were zagging.

I personally think Tom is talking about Basch. Its the only thing that makes sense to me with the puzzle pieces he put on the table.

I also think stirring things up for "entertainment" isnt beyond Tom at this point. I think its good to keep other coaches on their toes and minding their Ps and Qs in this day and age of recruiting.

I personally think Tom is talking about Basch. Its the only thing that makes sense to me with the puzzle pieces he put on the table.

I also think stirring things up for "entertainment" isnt beyond Tom at this point. I think its good to keep other coaches on their toes and minding their Ps and Qs in this day and age of recruiting.
This may sound like a stupid question, but who is Basch?

Reactions: HawkeyeFever62

He wouldn’t have ‘proof’ of that though. Unless someone sent him a pic of a check.

but asking that group of guys - who the hell told you to do this? I could see that happening.

carl has no reason to ‘pay’ to make us look bad. He keeps beating us.

dresser on the other hand? Needs Iowa to as bad as possible as often as possible.

This may sound like a stupid question, but who is Basch?

Carl’s media guy. Has a podcast - Baschamania.

it started out ok. But he’s recently become really hard to listen to. Interviews are just puff pieces with no real interesting information given out. He asks the worst questions and has gotten really self-righteous lately.

Reactions: PinDoxRico

it started out ok. But he’s recently become really hard to listen to. Interviews are just puff pieces with no real interesting information given out. He asks the worst questions and has gotten really self-righteous lately.
Has Justin bashed Iowa (sorry for pun)? He’s a psu fan and often has Cenzo as cohost but the handful of episodes I’ve listened to have been very respectful. Think he’s had Iowa wrestlers on as well but not sure.

This is a good summation of the podcast since Cenzo left

Reactions: vhsalum

Lol not gonna lie, it’s kind of a cool name. 😆 Is it pronounced, “bosh” or “bash?” Lol, I can’t decide which one of those two is better…. I’d say bash…

Reactions: el dub
Has Justin bashed Iowa (sorry for pun)? He’s a psu fan and often has Cenzo as cohost but the handful of episodes I’ve listened to have been very respectful. Think he’s had Iowa wrestlers on as well but not sure.

Not directly that I can remember. He's been pretty respectful with subjects like Gilman leaving and Spencer's injury.

Reactions: goldenanimal
I'm gonna put in a plug for Dresser. He personally mentored me in HWC, and I've always liked and respected him. (And he's under-appreciated as a wrestler, imo.) Like Tom Ryan, he was a teammate/coach of Tom & Terry's and has respect for them, despite competing against them now.

As to whatever Tom is talking about--I'm sure he's right, he's an honest guy. On the list of things keeping the Hawks from maximizing their potential, I doubt it's in the top 20. Hate to see pitchforks and torches come out over it.

I'm gonna put in a plug for Dresser. He personally mentored me in HWC, and I've always liked and respected him. (And he's under-appreciated as a wrestler, imo.) Like Tom Ryan, he was a teammate/coach of Tom & Terry's and has respect for them, despite competing against them now.

As to whatever Tom is talking about--I'm sure he's right, he's an honest guy. On the list of things keeping the Hawks from maximizing their potential, I doubt it's in the top 20. Hate to see pitchforks and torches come out over it.
Thank you.
Rivalry is one thing, but enmity is another.

Most importantly - for those who still live in IC... is there a one-armed waitress at the Blue Bird Diner?
There used to be. I don’t think she works there anymore. She was missing only part of one arm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT