ADVERTISEMENT

Trump fires Comey

Source w knowledge of wh discussions tells me senior officials did not think firing james comey would be a big political explosion.

— Dana Bash (@DanaBashCNN) May 9, 2017

White House told allies that Democrats wouldn't be able to protest it because of their previous Comey criticisms https://t.co/2auSk02122

— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) May 9,
Fun thing is gonna be his tweets used against him in court.

There must now be a select committee to investigate this mess.

I agree with this. And not just Russia but all foreign governments and look at all the politicians and their business dealings including the Clintons and their accepting donations to their foundation.

Put all the cards on the table

Source w knowledge of wh discussions tells me senior officials did not think firing james comey would be a big political explosion.

— Dana Bash (@DanaBashCNN) May 9, 2017

White House told allies that Democrats wouldn't be able to protest it because of their previous Comey criticisms https://t.co/2auSk02122

— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) May 9,
You can't make this s*** up

As David Frum just pointed out on MSNBC it took 18 days for Trump to fire Flynn. And, to this day Trump praises Flynn. Over 100 days into his administration, and after repeatedly praising Comey, Trump appeared to decide to fire Comey over his morning danish.

Krauthammer: It's Like Trump 'Perp Walked Comey Out Of The FBI Building In Handcuffs"
By John Amato

Republish
Reprint

Fox News' Special Report With Bret Baier took the news of Comey's firing with as much disbelief as any other new organization.

During their panel discussion earlier in the segment Fox News' Charles Krauthammer was flummoxed by the whole thing and couldn't believe Trump fired Comey for something he did in July of 2015 against Hillary Clinton. he kept repeating how "inexplicable' and implausible' this whole episode was.

Krauthammer said they could have told Comey the firing was coming during the transition if that were the case.

Charles said, "Do we really believe after all these months that Donald Trump suddenly had to fire this guy because he damaged Hillary back in July?"

Jennifer Jacobs of Bloomberg News said, "What if this is a move to chill leaks. If you're at the FBI right now are you going to be scared to death to leak anymore information, any information at all about this FBI investigation. This could be a preemptive to chill leaks."

That kind of makes sense, but the only leaks that came out of the FBI were against Hillary during the election and most were hand-delivered to Rudy Giuliani.

Charles didn't buy her remarks saying "That's like using a hammer to get a gnat. -- like using an A-bomb to go after a guerrilla band."

But it's Trump, Charles.

Krauthammer continued, "The tone of this, the swiftness. 'You are terminated immediately.' You've got this image of him being perp-walked out of the FBI building in handcuffs."

Krauthammer again reiterated didn't believe the excuse of firing Comey over the handling of Hillary Clinton's case.

"Here you have Trump firing Comey for costing Hillary the election - this doesn't make any sense," he said.

Krauthammer was stumped about the timing of the firing also and said, "Why this way? And why was it done with malice?"

Indeed. Outside of Trump loyalists and surrogates, not one person believes any of the causes Trump claimed caused his immediate termination.

Sessions recused himself from any involvement in Russiagate. Firing the person in charge of the Russiagate investigation is an objective violation of that recusal pledge.

The only reasonable reaction is to appoint an independent special counsel. I think this is the likely outcome.

Another unforced error by team Trump.

So you don't want to know how other countries influence our politicians? I find that odd.
I would like to see every politician turned upside down and shaken until all of their dirty deeds tumble out. But I'm smart enough not to make that point when the guy I voted for is headed to death row. It's transparent and pathetic.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I would like to see every politician turned upside down and shaken until all of their dirty deeds tumble out. But I'm smart enough not to make that point when the guy I voted for is headed to death row. It's transparent and pathetic.

Unfortunately I think you are dreaming. Why not investigate all the government involvement including our own. Put it all out there.

Sessions comments on Comey (FOX Interview)

Reactions: dgordo

You're going to be shaking those suckers for a long time.

Trump-friendly Sinclair will soon purchase WGN and stations in 33 markets and today he fires Comey. Promoting his agenda day by day.

Krauthammer: It's Like Trump 'Perp Walked Comey Out Of The FBI Building In Handcuffs"
By John Amato

Republish
Reprint

Fox News' Special Report With Bret Baier took the news of Comey's firing with as much disbelief as any other new organization.

During their panel discussion earlier in the segment Fox News' Charles Krauthammer was flummoxed by the whole thing and couldn't believe Trump fired Comey for something he did in July of 2015 against Hillary Clinton. he kept repeating how "inexplicable' and implausible' this whole episode was.

Krauthammer said they could have told Comey the firing was coming during the transition if that were the case.

Charles said, "Do we really believe after all these months that Donald Trump suddenly had to fire this guy because he damaged Hillary back in July?"

Jennifer Jacobs of Bloomberg News said, "What if this is a move to chill leaks. If you're at the FBI right now are you going to be scared to death to leak anymore information, any information at all about this FBI investigation. This could be a preemptive to chill leaks."

That kind of makes sense, but the only leaks that came out of the FBI were against Hillary during the election and most were hand-delivered to Rudy Giuliani.

Charles didn't buy her remarks saying "That's like using a hammer to get a gnat. -- like using an A-bomb to go after a guerrilla band."

But it's Trump, Charles.

Krauthammer continued, "The tone of this, the swiftness. 'You are terminated immediately.' You've got this image of him being perp-walked out of the FBI building in handcuffs."

Krauthammer again reiterated didn't believe the excuse of firing Comey over the handling of Hillary Clinton's case.

"Here you have Trump firing Comey for costing Hillary the election - this doesn't make any sense," he said.

Krauthammer was stumped about the timing of the firing also and said, "Why this way? And why was it done with malice?"

Indeed. Outside of Trump loyalists and surrogates, not one person believes any of the causes Trump claimed caused his immediate termination.

Like I said: Trump is pissed off now that he found out Comey lied to him when he told him "3 times" that he wasn't under investigation. It's not going to affect the outcomes; it's just how he reacts to anything or anyone he views as disloyal.

There must now be a select committee to investigate this mess.

I agree with this. And not just Russia but all foreign governments and look at all the politicians and their business dealings including the Clintons and their accepting donations to their foundation.

Put all the cards on the table

This I agree with. The sad thing is It takes someone like Trump for our govt offices to stand up and do the right thing. Why haven't we been doing this for decades?

There are two real Possibilities as I see it here:

1. Trump Russia has some fire under the smoke (fire outside of Flynn).

2. The other week when Comey testified he said something to the effect that it made him "mildly nauseous" that he may have influenced/tipped the scales the outcome of the election.

I think #1 and #2 both gets one fired in Trumpland. #1 because Comey was getting close potentially, #2 because well Trump has thin skin and that statements essentially says Trump couldn't have won w/o Comey's actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldogs1974
There are two real Possibilities as I see it here:

1. Trump Russia has some fire under the smoke (fire outside of Flynn).

2. The other week when Comey testified he said something to the effect that it made him "mildly nauseous" that he may have influenced/tipped the scales the outcome of the election.

I think #1 and #2 both gets to fired in Trumpland. #1 because Comey was getting close potentially, #2 because well Trump has thin skin and that statements essentially says Trump couldn't have won w/o Comey's actions.
he was busted today telling lies about huma and weiner and their emails and the fbi had to correct his statement

Reactions: unIowa
Maybe he was, it doesn't change what he said. Comey was supposed to testify in two days on this. Now he won't. Yup, nothing to see here!
after his last rambling, incoherent testimony, i think we dodged a bullet.not having to.hear that garbage

I'm guessing Trump has already compiled a short list of countries where he owns properties and they don't extradite to the United States.

Hilarious
Lefty:
July: We Love Comey!
October: Comey is a horrible person!
Today: Comey should stay! Trump Cover-up!

Righty:
July: We Hate Comey!
October: Comey did the right thing!
Today: Yay!
If they're shooting at you, you're doing something right....

Reactions: thewop
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT