ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter experiences massive loss of advertising.

CNN reports on Russian troll farm in Ghana churning out misinformation to influence American elections.

Working with researchers from Clemson University, CNN has found a Russian troll operation targeting American voters and, for the first time, we have confronted the people on the ground behind it -- and it's not where you might expect. With help from Facebook and Twitter, who had already been investigating some of these accounts and who corroborated our findings - this is a never-before seen look at how Russia is once again trying to influence America's democracy. CNN's Clarissa Ward reports.

Reactions: BelemNole
CNN reports on Russian troll farm in Ghana churning out misinformation to influence American elections.

Working with researchers from Clemson University, CNN has found a Russian troll operation targeting American voters and, for the first time, we have confronted the people on the ground behind it -- and it's not where you might expect. With help from Facebook and Twitter, who had already been investigating some of these accounts and who corroborated our findings - this is a never-before seen look at how Russia is once again trying to influence America's democracy. CNN's Clarissa Ward reports.

Hey @FlickShagwell

Cat got your tongue? Russian troll farm confirmed. They use Twitter. This is just one that CNN found. They are doing this with proxies all over the world including inside the US. Obama kicked 50 Russian “diplomats” out of the country back in 2015. I wonder why.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
SG831C7.jpeg

I’d imagine startup ad spend budgets are much smaller than large corporations. OP thread title likely still true, though I think the point about large corporation suspending advertising, not completely closing the question all together is an important distinction.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Um he's been estranged from his father since 2018 when Errol fathered a child with his stepdaughter. Elon inherited a ton of money from his father. So no he wasn't estranged.

How did he inherit it if his dad is still alive? Even the lies don’t make sense any more. He went to Canada with about $2K and racked up $100K in student loans at UPENN. What are you even talking about? Where are you getting this crap? Need to check your sources better.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
....Uh....the post didn't indicate Musk "followed" any of them.

That is the insinuation being made by:
“It really shows he has gone off the deep end:”

Those suggestions could very well be made by the algorithms response to the twitter account of a self described “fmr right wing operative” per his own bio.

His tweets reek of angry hateful drivel. No wonder he was suggested those accounts by the twitter algo. That dude would fit right in with those clowns.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
That's why giving any Tom, Dick, or Harry a blue check is a terrible idea. It gives any bot, spam, scam, impersonators more credibility.

Fair enough, I agree. I believe they are working on keeping legacy blue checks and giving verified users either a white check or other color checkmark.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT