ADVERTISEMENT

Two Deeps/Game Notes for Iowa vs. Penn State

Apr 8, 2003
Linked below.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/hawkeyesports.com/documents/2017/9/18/Notes04_vs_Penn_State.pdf

OFFENSE
SE - Matt VandeBerg, Brandon Smith
TE - Noah Fant, Nate Wieting
LT - Alaric Jackson, Boone Myers
LG - Boone Myers, Ross Reynolds
C - James Daniels, Spencer Williams
RG - Keegan Render, Levi Paulsen
RT - Sean Welsh, Tristan Wirfs
TE - T.J. Hockenson, Peter Pekar
WR - Nick Easley, Ihmir Smith-Marsette
QB - Nate Stanley, Tyler Wiegers
FB - Brady Ross, Drake Kulick
RB - Akrum Wadley, Toren Young/Ivory Kelly-Martin

DEFENSE
LE - Anthony Nelson, Sam Brincks
LT - Cedrick Lattimore, Brady Reiff
RT - Nathan Bazata, Matt Nelson
RE - Parker Hesse, A.J. Epenesa
OLB - Ben Niemann, Kevin Ward
MLB - Josey Jewell, Kristian Welch
WLB - Bo Bower, Aaron Mends
LC - Josh Jackson, Matt Hankins
RC - Manny Rugamba, Michael Ojemudia
SS - Miles Taylor, Jake Gervase
FS - Amani Hooker, Geno Stone

SPECIAL TEAMS
K - Miguel Recinos, Keith Duncan
P - Colten Rastetter, Ryan Gersonde
LS - Tyler Kluver, Jackson Subbert
H - Colten Rastetter, Ryan Gersonde
PR - Josh Jackson, Matt VandeBerg
KR - Ivory Kelly-Martin, Akrum Wadley

DKBlOb-UEAA1pri.jpg

Reactions: hawkbleeder
Good to see Hooker as a starter. Taylor still feels like a weak link. Anyone have info on Wisneiski the TE? I heard good things about him in camp, yet he's been buried on the depth chart since he arrived. Injury related?

Reactions: m.stoops2013
If Wirfs pushes into the starting lineup we could have 4/5 of our guys in the NFL in four years

Interesting about Hooker. He must have looked good in the film review to move him in there to be a starter.
Nice to see the same OL. Hopefully they start to get some chemistry with that group.

Reactions: kceasthawk
If Wirfs pushes into the starting lineup we could have 4/5 of our guys in the NFL in four years

He looked pretty good Sat. I get he was going against a worn down front when he went in, but he's a huge kid, that really got off the football

I was at the game and I could've swore I saw him on the field. I was on the other side of the field as the play so I could be wrong.

Interesting about Hooker. He must have looked good in the film review to move him in there to be a starter.
Nice to see the same OL. Hopefully they start to get some chemistry with that group.

Not really surprising with how well he played on Saturday when Gervase was benched. Would have been very disappointed if they moved him back to 2nd string after that performance. Taylor better watch his back as his play has been the biggest disappointment this season.

Reactions: Im4Iowa
I think the last freshman to start a game at OT was Reiff at PSU in 2009. Now, Homer or some other poster with a better memory can tell us if he was a true FR or a RSFR.

Edit - bulaga was hurt if I recall

Anyone think by the end of the year it may be Miles Taylor that is sitting. Maybe Gervase is being groomed to take over at SS

I think the last freshman to start a game at OT was Reiff at PSU in 2009. Now, Homer or some other poster with a better memory can tell us if he was a true FR or a RSFR.

Edit - bulaga was hurt if I recall

RS. Made his first start at Iowa State in 2009. Made people nervous. Little did we know Iowa was subbing in another 1st rounder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT