ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Goodson runs 4.42 in the 40

I wouldn't waste my time.Everyone on here who watched the kid the last three years knows full well he made little effort at pass pro. its not even open for debate, and I'm not sure why you'd choose that sword to die on. Its ridiculous. Almost as bad as watching him back in to the line or simply fall down this year when there was no hole. Clearly he was concerned about injury this year, and tried to protect himself for his future career, which may very well cost him ever having that career......

By not showing any examples, isn't it you who has died on the sword? ;)

I guess I don't get all the hate.

Iowa’s offense is going to be better this year because Goodson isn’t the running back.

Based on Goodson’s tweets, he seems to be surprised by this. But similar to Geno Stone when he he left early and went in the 7th round and seemed surprised by it, it wasn’t all that surprising to most. Sometimes kids get bad advice - and unless you are being told your a day one or two guy for sure, I’m not sure why you’d leave early.

Iowa’s offense is going to be better this year because Goodson isn’t the running back.

Based on Goodson’s tweets, he seems to be surprised by this. But similar to Geno Stone when he he left early and went in the 7th round and seemed surprised by it, it wasn’t all that surprising to most. Sometimes kids get bad advice - and unless you are being told your a day one or two guy for sure, I’m not sure why you’d leave early.
Because Tyler thinks he is a lot better than he actually is.

It was time for TGood to go. The Williams boys need their carries and TGood got to the point he was afraid of contact at the point of contact, either laying down or turning his back into it. I’ve never seen anything like it in all my years of playing, coaching, and watching football to see a back not hit the hole hard/go into contact hard and do what he did by giving up at the point of contact. I do wish him well as he was a great guy to have as a Hawkeye, player, student, and person.
Yep.

Happy to have the Williams' duo toting the rock now.

Yep.

Happy to have the Williams' duo toting the rock now.
The bagging on Goodson baffles me. He wasn't perfect, but he provided some juice to the Iowa offense for 3 years. Was excellent in the open field and receiving the football. Was not a great blocker or in just hitting the hole and getting 2 yards. The latter 2 things are why he hasn't been drafted today. But a great Hawkeye.

He'll get a shot with someone either late here in the 7th or UDFA. By all accounts, he works hard and is a great teammate. He'll have to shine in whatever shot he gets.

The bagging on Goodson baffles me. He wasn't perfect, but he provided some juice to the Iowa offense for 3 years. Was excellent in the open field and receiving the football. Was not a great blocker or in just hitting the hole and getting 2 yards. The latter 2 things are why he hasn't been drafted today. But a great Hawkeye.

He'll get a shot with someone either late here in the 7th or UDFA. By all accounts, he works hard and is a great teammate. He'll have to shine in whatever shot he gets.
I think the only team left in the 7th that might take a chance on Goodson is the Chargers.

Every other team remaining doesn't really need another RB at this point.

He might be better off being UDFA and getting picked up by a team that could benefit from the added potential depth.

I think most posters aren't trying to bag on Goodson. Just critiquing the flaws in his game that will hurt him at the next level. I questioned him leaving early as I didn't see him as a 1st or 2nd day guy. When you look at all the RBs taken in front of him, it probably would have been wiser to come back or enter the transfer portal if he had concerns with his development at Iowa.

I hope he can get a shot as an UDFA. IMHO coming out early is never wise unless you're certain to be a 3rd round pick or higher.

With maybe the exception of someone like Belton where there is precedent with guys like Hooker going before him which foreshadows draftability.

I think most posters aren't trying to bag on Goodson. Just critiquing the flaws in his game that will hurt him at the next level. I questioned him leaving early as I didn't see him as a 1st or 2nd day guy. When you look at all the RBs taken in front of him, it probably would have been wiser to come back or enter the transfer portal if he had concerns with his development at Iowa.

I hope he can get a shot as an UDFA. IMHO coming out early is never wise unless you're certain to be a 3rd round pick or higher.

With maybe the exception of someone like Belton where there is precedent with guys like Hooker going before him which foreshadows draftability.
there definitely is bagging on Goodson. Not by you, just people quick to call him poor player. I don't think him coming back would have helped him at all. You kind of are what you are as a RB. He ran well at the combine, just was never going to be a high draft pick no matter what. Others have said he has/is getting his degree (great for him if so), he was just ready to be done with college.

I am with you in that I don't quite get leaving early unless you are assured of being taken Day 1 or Day 2. Basically, anyone that is projected 4th round or lower is in danger of not getting drafted as lower in the draft it's all whether some team wants to take a flyer on a player.

I think Tyler could have a fairly solid career playing in Canada.
Yeah but we f***ing need skill position players having solid careers in the NFL so that we can sell other solid skill position players on coming to Iowa so they can be like those said skill position players who went on to have solid careers in the NFL...............................................after they win multiple national championships at Iowa.

someone got bad advice
Yeah ... no Iowa fan should knock Goodson for what he did at Iowa. Impressive young man and he represented the Hawks very well.

As others pointed out ... he had his flaws, but he also helped add some octane to an otherwise anemic Iowa O.

Good luck to Tyler, I hope that he can round out his game and I hope he makes in it the pros. I will continue to cheer for an excellent Hawk.

Agree, still don't like how he ditched the hawks for the bowl game either. It wasn't like he was remotely going to go high in the draft. Have a feeling tg had the NFL on his mind over the hawks from day one. Just my opinion
I think it was a combination of what I've noticed is becoming very common in college football and resulting in hundreds of players giving up college eligibility every year only to be undrafted: Home sickness + school fatigue + delusions of grandeur + bad advice from those wanting to suck-up (and benefit financially) more than act in the player's best interest.

It was pretty obvious to just about everyone who watched TG play at Iowa that he was not an NFL player. However, he could have spent Jan-Jul '22 working his tail off to improve his game and change the narrative. Giving up his senior year of college football and playing on what could be a really good team to get a head start on his career which will likely be at best 2-3 years on an NFL scout team roster was just a crying shame.

By not showing any examples, isn't it you who has died on the sword? ;)

I guess I don't get all the hate.
I can't possibly see why I'd bother posting evidence of something CLEARLY everyone who watched Iowa play this year saw? I also think its ridiculous that your calling someone pointing out his flaws "hate". I hope he plays 15 years in the NFL and makes a great living. The fact that I don't think he will doesn't make me a hater. If I'm "calling out" anyone, it's someone who'd post something as idiotic as TG being a good pass pro guy. Thats ridiculous, and everyone on here knows it, including you, which makes your comments all the more puzzling.

Personally I don't think calling out a poster who says the kids good in pass pro, or that he didn't tried to avoid contact quite a bit this past season, is "bagging on Goodson". His play and a three full season of games speak for themselves. I wish him no ill will, and thank him for his time at Iowa, BUT his play the last three years is a matter of record.

I’m not banging on him either. He was a great hawk

it’s just silly to skip a bowl and and forgo a season to be a free agent signee.

I hate the whole thing but can understand for first round locks. Millions of dollars on the line.

many young men are getting bad advice. Tgood could have possibly had one more year to improve and perhaps improve his stock and get a 3-4 round selection.

I can't possibly see why I'd bother posting evidence of something CLEARLY everyone who watched Iowa play this year saw? I also think its ridiculous that your calling someone pointing out his flaws "hate". I hope he plays 15 years in the NFL and makes a great living. The fact that I don't think he will doesn't make me a hater. If I'm "calling out" anyone, it's someone who'd post something as idiotic as TG being a good pass pro guy. Thats ridiculous, and everyone on here knows it, including you, which makes your comments all the more puzzling.

Actually, what's idiotic is what follows at the end of this post, which are posts from you in this thread.

And quit lying. You did not just point out flaws. You went well beyond that. You wrote that he's the worst you have seen at Iowa at blitz pick up. You wrote that he might as well have been out there with a red cape. And you wrote that 90% of the time his effort was pitiful.

Can you exaggerate any more and be any more of a drama queen? These are all ridiculous statements. And you call my comment puzzling? If he was as bad as you state, he would have been benched. Instead, he was a 3 year starter. YOUR OWN WORDS show that you are clearly biased and clearly a hater. It's painfully obvious to all of us.

And no one is buying your hoping he plays 15 years in the NFL, either. And 15 years for a RB? LOL. Talk about a stupid statement. You have lost all credibility in this thread.

TG is easily the worst RB I can remember at iowa in blitz pickup. He might as well have been out there with a red cape.......

90 % of the time his effort or lack there of was pitiful

Actually, what's idiotic is what follows at the end of this post, which are posts from you in this thread.

And quit lying. You did not just point out flaws. You went well beyond that. You wrote that he's the worst you have seen at Iowa at blitz pick up. You wrote that he might as well have been out there with a red cape. And you wrote that 90% of the time his effort was pitiful.

Can you exaggerate any more and be any more of a drama queen? These are all ridiculous statements. And you call my comment puzzling? If he was as bad as you state, he would have been benched. Instead, he was a 3 year starter. YOUR OWN WORDS show that you are clearly biased and clearly a hater. It's painfully obvious to all of us.

And no one is buying your hoping he plays 15 years in the NFL, either. And 15 years for a RB? LOL. Talk about a stupid statement. You have lost all credibility in this thread.
Exactly. Everyone who watches Iowa games can see what the weaknesses are. There's a difference between that (I've called out the large number of negative yard rushing plays) and going after effort and the comment about the cape. If he gave terrible effort, he wouldn't have played at Iowa for 3 years.

Reactions: Franisdaman

The fact that I would exagerate the 15 years hardly makes me a hater. Its just a number Fran. Its a fact he was not good at pass pro (even the damn NFL scouts mentioned this) and you know that, but you pressed the issue which got me to stand opposed. You do this shit constantly on here. Trying to bend peoples comments and make them into something there not. Good for you, that your a better wordsmith then I am. You just go on, and on, and on with this crap until you wear people out and they give up, because its freakin pointless to continue trying to converse with someone who' thinks their never wrong, even though they clearly are. Congrats, your the Hawkeye report winner for as the poster who thinks he wins conversations by simply outlasting everyone by baffeling them with bullshit until they give up......

Exactly. Everyone who watches Iowa games can see what the weaknesses are. There's a difference between that (I've called out the large number of negative yard rushing plays) and going after effort and the comment about the cape. If he gave terrible effort, he wouldn't have played at Iowa for 3 years.
You know Dodger its possible I exagerated the terrible part , just having to deal with Frans never ending deluge of comments. I've always thought that you were a reasonable poster, so let me ask you a straight question which is the crux of all this, since Fran posted his clip of TG being so good at pass pro. Would you say that TG did a good job of pass pro? If not given how hard he supposedly worked at this needed skill, wouldn't you think that after three years he would have become at least decent at this? What would you call missing badly on rushers coming after the QB by his third year. There were times it looked like he simply didn't even try to engage the defender. Sorry if you think the "cape" comment, as in Ole defense, was over the top, but I'd call that an effort issue. Also what do you attribute him basically stopping at the line of scrimmage and almost curling up to avoid being hit hard to. Is that really what you'd expect from a RB that was supposed to be a all conference level player in the BIG?

Exactly.

KCeasthawk says he's not a hater but he has shown in his incredibly pathetic posts that he clearly is a hater.

Reactions: PIEPI
I’ll never understand guys leaving early that get drafted later than the 4th round or don’t get drafted at all. Oh well, good luck Tyler.

The fact that I would exagerate the 15 years hardly makes me a hater. Its just a number Fran. Its a fact he was not good at pass pro (even the damn NFL scouts mentioned this) and you know that, but you pressed the issue which got me to stand opposed. You do this shit constantly on here. Trying to bend peoples comments and make them into something there not. Good for you, that your a better wordsmith then I am. You just go on, and on, and on with this crap until you wear people out and they give up, because its freakin pointless to continue trying to converse with someone who' thinks their never wrong, even though they clearly are. Congrats, your the Hawkeye report winner for as the poster who thinks he wins conversations by simply outlasting everyone by baffeling them with bullshit until they give up......

Now you are lying again, because I am clearly not bending your comments; I am quoting you, for crying out loud. And no one is buying your victim BS, either.

Again, you said this about Tyler:

* 90% of the time his effort or lack thereof was PITIFUL

* He was the WORST RB you could remember at Iowa in blitz pickup

* He might as well have been out there with a red cape

You know Dodger its possible I exagerated the terrible part , just having to deal with Frans never ending deluge of comments. I've always thought that you were a reasonable poster, so let me ask you a straight question which is the crux of all this, since Fran posted his clip of TG being so good at pass pro. Would you say that TG did a good job of pass pro? If not given how hard he supposedly worked at this needed skill, wouldn't you think that after three years he would have become at least decent at this? What would you call missing badly on rushers coming after the QB by his third year. There were times it looked like he simply didn't even try to engage the defender. Sorry if you think the "cape" comment, as in Ole defense, was over the top, but I'd call that an effort issue. Also what do you attribute him basically stopping at the line of scrimmage and almost curling up to avoid being hit hard to. Is that really what you'd expect from a RB that was supposed to be a all conference level player in the BIG?
Its not a ‘weakness’ , he chose to not engage in pass pro multiple times to the detriment of team fb and specifically our qb’s. TG loved workout videos and open lanes to run ‘fast’. The dirty business of maximizing tough yardage and blocking EVERY play was not his reality - obvious to anyone watching. I am sure it was a dilemma for the coaches seeking consistency of effort and playing time as the value messaging for all players.

It's possible you exaggerated? No freakin' way!

Ironically, you said 90% of the time Tyler's effort or lack thereof was PITIFUL.

Well, 90% of your posts are pitiful.

Hopefully you can improve.

Reactions: PIEPI
I’ll never understand guys leaving early that get drafted later than the 4th round or don’t get drafted at all. Oh well, good luck Tyler.

Agreed.

Historically, running backs have a short career in the NFL. I am sure this had a lot to do with it. He's hoping to get paid now.

This will somehow be the programs fault, the way things have been going lately.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
It's possible you exaggerated? No freakin' way!

Ironically, you said 90% of the time Tyler's effort or lack thereof was PITIFUL.

Well, 90% of your posts are pitiful.

Hopefully you can improve.
And thankfully to the dear Lord, YOU will not be the judge of that, even though you seem to think your purpose here is to moniter everyones posts and to critique them. I'm not quite sure when you got the idea in your head that its your job to moderate the board, but I can assure you that plenty of people here are sick of your deal, and your consistent "look at me" and all I do here attitude. Lets be honest for once here "Fran", the only reason your bashing me right now is because I called out your post saying he was good at pass pro, and has NOTHING to do with any comments about TG. If you want to call me a "hater" then sign me up for hating that, and your ongoing holier then thou attitude, because I'll own that one......

Last edited:
Most college football players do not get to play in the NFL. It is a money league and the people in charge know what they want in a player. Good luck to TG in the next phase of his life.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT