ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Desanto?

Last year Desanto had problems mentally with injuries. Remember his match with RBY when he forfeited? Also at Nationals he was having issues with his hand and he kept shaking it and freaking out. It seems to me as if Desanto struggles with pain. Tom asked Desanto what he wanted to do a couple weeks ago and it was Desantos decision to sit out. Seems like a small injury with mental precautions.

Just speculating like everyone else here, but IMO if Brands specifically said “it was Desanto’s decision to sit out” to me implies Brands thought he could wrestle if needed.

This is Schrievers second year - he may not want to “redshirt” 2 years given the extra year available. Maybe he wants on the mat now for experience for next year. Some guys get a bachelors in 4 years. Not everyone wants to be on campus 6 years. Just my thoughts on the redshirt pull

But all guys want to win 4 NCAA titles. I can't imagine that Schriever, as high a level recruit as he was, is just going to throw away year of competing in the postseason.

But all guys want to win 4 NCAA titles. I can't imagine that Schriever, as high a level recruit as he was, is just going to throw away year of competing in the postseason.
He wouldn't be wrestling if he didn't want to and after his injuries in highschool he was more of a medium range recruit. Sure everyone wants to win 4 titles but they can be realistic too.

Bullshit dude. That’s just the common mindset here online. Not everyone wants to spend 5-6 years in school. I’ve been promoting his type of behavior for years.

Reactions: manatree
Just speculating like everyone else here, but IMO if Brands specifically said “it was Desanto’s decision to sit out” to me implies Brands thought he could wrestle if needed.
It could also mean that the staff had him on some sort of plan that had some consequences in the event that he blew his stack again...which sounds like what happened up the tunnel after the Minny match. If so, then a "decision" to lose control while on warning could constitute a "decision" to not be allowed to wrestle.

All I got was Eierman not training like a champ and DeSanto isn't any of my business (but noted that if it was disciplinary action the University would have already announced it). In other news.. ligament issues in lower half of lineup- off season should clear that up, Bull making the most out of his situation as always, but ditched the brace last year, Kemerer obvious, and see what's wrapped at the upper weights. "That's wrestling."

Eierman was notorious for not showing up to practice when he was at MU. That's from multiple guys that wrestled with him.

Different than the one he’s worn every match since at least NCAAs last year?
ping72

As I observed from a distance, I did not have a clear view of the orthotic Desanto was wearing prior to the Northwestern wrestling match. However I do believe Desanto wore an elastic wrap, or a simple tape orthotic during prior NCAA wrestling competition.

If the devise I observed was a thermoplastic or an orthoplastic splint, I believe that would be prohibited equipment in NCAA competition. Others may have more precise knowledge of NCAA rules regarding this matter. Again, my view of Desanto’s orthotic was unclear.

I re-played the Illinois meet, put in on super slow motion and zoomed in on DeSanto's eyes. By my surprise, DeSanto sent a message in morse code by alternating long and short blinks. The message was "I'll be back soon. Worry not. Expect big points at Nationals."
That was an intentional disinformation signal. When you employ the 1-16-22, daily code decipher, the real message says, "My hot Drexel squeeze is in town; don't expect much from me for a while"......

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT