ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATED: Active shooter in Texas school. Multiple people shot.

I’m sure stricter gun laws would have prevented this. 🙄

This is one issue I depart from the libs on. We have enough gun laws. The only way to fix the problem is to execute violent offenders instead of the revolving door pattern of incarceration we have now.

And if you’re on board with getting rid of alt rights groups, which any sane person should be, then you should also be on board with getting rid of street gangs. Let’s be real: it’s pretty hard to blame this mass shooting on the “MAGA desecrations,” but I see the usual suspects have already got it poppin’.

Ah yes, it's the sane people who think executions are the only way to fix the problem. Is that what it means to get rid of alt right groups and street gangs?

This is one issue I depart from the libs on. We have enough gun laws. The only way to fix the problem is to execute violent offenders instead of the revolving door pattern of incarceration we have now.

And if you’re on board with getting rid of alt rights groups, which any sane person should be, then you should also be on board with getting rid of street gangs. Let’s be real: it’s pretty hard to blame this mass shooting on the “MAGA desecrations,” but I see the usual suspects have already got it poppin’.
I agree with some of this but I still want waiting periods and stricter gun laws. They may not have prevented this one but it could with others. I do however agree that any crimes committed with a gun should be met with the strictest possible consequences. You pull a gun on someone in a robbery...death penalty. You're toddler gets access to your gun and shoots someone...death penalty. I'm so tired of weak ass consequences for behaviors. It happens in our schools, government, everywhere. Our laws and rule enforcement is soft and I DO put a lot of blame on liberal thinking.

Is there anyone who isn't in favor of getting rid of street gangs? I imagine the biggest differences between the right and the left is how to accomplish that goal.

Reactions: CaboKP and 3boysmom
It is pretty crazy how normalized this has become. I remember someone turning on the radio at the office when the news broke of a mass shooting at Columbine. At the time, I worked in a small office and work basically stopped for the day as we all listened to the reports in horror. Now, I see the news of a school shooting and I get sad for a second and hope its not too bad, and then I just go on with my day. That's horrifying.

Yep. I remember I was at the airport a day after Sandy Hook, flags were all at half mast, could see them from the terminal train. Some people who had just gotten back from abroad asked what had happened. So I explained, and they were a bit shocked.

These days, it's more of a "oh is that right?" or "oh, that's too bad", then on to the weather or upcoming sporting event, etc.

Reactions: noleclone2
I do however agree that any crimes committed with a gun should be met with the strictest possible consequences. You pull a gun on someone in a robbery...death penalty.
Prepare yourself for being called a racist when the proportion of those executed under your suggested policy don’t mirror the racial proportions of society at large.

This isn’t a planned mass school shooting.

This is pretty much hood violence that happens every week, just happened to be at a school.

Reactions: TennNole17
Typical liberal responses - blame everyone but the shooter.

My response is - who brings a gun to school, it's against the law.

Where are the parents - what type of upbringing did they give this kid.

The logical response is - let the police and the courts handle this crime, stop blaming all law abiding gun owners and the NRA for some gangbangers garbage behavior.

It is pretty crazy how normalized this has become. I remember someone turning on the radio at the office when the news broke of a mass shooting at Columbine. At the time, I worked in a small office and work basically stopped for the day as we all listened to the reports in horror. Now, I see the news of a school shooting and I get sad for a second and hope its not too bad, and then I just go on with my day. That's horrifying.
A young black kid shooting other young black kids? Yeah, it is a shame how normalized that has become.

Is there something wrong here? I thought this is how it’s supposed to work according to GOP? Arm up, then you can protect yourself….KCRG says shooting happened after fight broke out.

Kids were armed in the classroom…they should get an A+ from second amendment folks?

South Arlington/Mansfield area has grown like crazy. I am not familiar with the demographics but I generally recall it as a solid middle class area. 18 year old HS student with a Dodge Charger doesn't spell poverty.
As always, waiting for details...

I agree with some of this but I still want waiting periods and stricter gun laws. They may not have prevented this one but it could with others. I do however agree that any crimes committed with a gun should be met with the strictest possible consequences. You pull a gun on someone in a robbery...death penalty. You're toddler gets access to your gun and shoots someone...death penalty. I'm so tired of weak ass consequences for behaviors. It happens in our schools, government, everywhere. Our laws and rule enforcement is soft and I DO put a lot of blame on liberal thinking.
Honestly I kind of like that approach….and the GOP folks should endorse it….they always are for harsh punishment.
Just make the punishment so insane no one dare do it.

Reactions: Tom Paris
crazy-train.gif
The GOP Klown Kar is already pretty full.

Police are outside the suspects house. Very nice neighborhood and home.
Not the hood by any means. Photos of students show a very diverse group of kids.

A young black kid shooting other young black kids? Yeah, it is a shame how normalized that has become.
I did a quick look see to verify.
2019 murder arrests: 11,060, rate of 3.4
White murder arrests: 5,070, rate of 2.0
Black murder arrests: 5,660, rate of 12.2
Other murder arrests: 330, rate of 3.4

*Estimated number of arrests by offense and race, 2019; rates are per 100,000
link

Last edited:
Honestly I kind of like that approach….and the GOP folks should endorse it….they always are for harsh punishment.
Just make the punishment so insane no one dare do it.
That was the idea behind worse sentences for crack, with the full support of the community at implementation.

rick-james-cocaine.gif

In August we were in Missouri during their back to school sales tax holiday. No pic wanted to visit a store I wasn't interested in seeing so I ducked into a gun shop.

The gun shop was advertising they were honoring the tax free weekend. Obviously the sales tax was still having to be paid and they would be paying it (probably after they marked up the guns and ammo).

Kind of wondered if there were going to be any kids who didn't get back to school stuff so mom and pop could shop at the gun store.

Last edited:

It's not street gangs. It's an affluent part of Texas. Everyone thinks because it's a black kid it's gang violence. Rich kids act like morons too.
And "enough gun laws"? That laughable - there are pretty much none in Texas at this point. Any idiot can just walk in and buy what they want no questions asked.

Typical liberal responses - blame everyone but the shooter.

My response is - who brings a gun to school, it's against the law.

Where are the parents - what type of upbringing did they give this kid.

The logical response is - let the police and the courts handle this crime, stop blaming all law abiding gun owners and the NRA for some gangbangers garbage behavior.
How do we keep this from happening over and over, though, Chief? The next school shooter is more than likely a legal gun owner at this time.

Bad situation for sure.

Too bad the usual suspects in this thread have no concern for thousands of unvetted illegals streaming into the country via Texas.

Bad situation for sure.

Too bad the usual suspects in this thread have no concern for thousands of unvetted illegals streaming into the country via Texas.
What's really bad is all of the information you seem to rely upon.

Reactions: ping72
Bad situation for sure.

Well, for one, it’s been shown repeatedly that crime rates amongst illegals is substantially lower than the national average. And no one has ever said we don’t need to address this issue, so you’re saying we’re unconcerned is just you projecting.

since it doesn’t seem like this kid is an illegal immigrant, care to stay on topic?

Reactions: ping72
It's not street gangs. It's an affluent part of Texas. Everyone thinks because it's a black kid it's gang violence. Rich kids act like morons too.
And "enough gun laws"? That laughable - there are pretty much none in Texas at this point. Any idiot can just walk in and buy what they want no questions asked.
Didn’t know you had to be poor to be a thug.

Interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT