ADVERTISEMENT

***US Soccer***

I know but why can't CBS Sports network just put it on there instead of the streaming service?

Because they know soccer fans will pay the money to watch. It's expensive being a soccer fan in this country. I'm guessing for the USMNT game on Sunday, CBSSN is probably airing something stupid instead of the WCQ

I'm feeling *kinda* good about my predictions before the qualifying started.

1. Mexico
2. USA
3. Canada
---
4. Jamacia
---
5. El Salvador
6. Costa Rica
7. Panama
8. Honduras

Actual:
1. USA
2. Mexico
3. Canada
---
4. Panama
---
5. El Salvador
6. Costa Rica
7. Honduras
8. Jamacia

I know but why can't CBS Sports network just put it on there instead of the streaming service?
The first game in September was on CBS Sports, but not the second for some reason. Thankfully, all home games at least will be on espn or fox sports.

I'm feeling *kinda* good about my predictions before the qualifying started.

1. Mexico
2. USA
3. Canada
---
4. Jamacia
---
5. El Salvador
6. Costa Rica
7. Panama
8. Honduras

Actual:
1. USA
2. Mexico
3. Canada
---
4. Panama
---
5. El Salvador
6. Costa Rica
7. Honduras
8. Jamacia
My prediction before was similar:

1. Mexico
2. USA
3. Canada
---
4. El Salvador
---
5. Jamaica
6. Panama
7. Costa Rica
8. Honduras

…But no way did I think Canada would be in that position this soon. Got results in both the USA and Mexico. Very impressive.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Because they know soccer fans will pay the money to watch. It's expensive being a soccer fan in this country. I'm guessing for the USMNT game on Sunday, CBSSN is probably airing something stupid instead of the WCQ
I would argue it's easier to watch soccer and there is more soccer available in the US than most places. Some of the podcasters I listen to live in Italy and Scotland. They use American based streaming plans with a VPN because it's the easiest and cheapest way to get the most matches.

Ever notice how, despite all the political differences and arguments on HROT, on the soccer threads everyone gets along great?

I'm probably missing someone because there are exceptions but soccer is generally not popular among the hardline MAGA right wingers. Many of them think it's a communist plot.

So I would argue that soccer fans in the US are probably left of center in general. Obviously that's not 100% and I would still identify as a social conservative.

Reactions: Red Hills Nole
I'm probably missing someone because there are exceptions but soccer is generally not popular among the hardline MAGA right wingers. Many of them think it's a communist plot.

So I would argue that soccer fans in the US are probably left of center in general. Obviously that's not 100% and I would still identify as a social conservative.
SpiffyOffensiveDevilfish-size_restricted.gif

I would argue it's easier to watch soccer and there is more soccer available in the US than most places. Some of the podcasters I listen to live in Italy and Scotland. They use American based streaming plans with a VPN because it's the easiest and cheapest way to get the most matches.

While I do think it's easier, I think the price can add up. For example, if you follow a Premier League club who's also in the Champion's League/ Europa League, you would need to subscribe to Peacock, ESPN+, Paramount+, as well as have a TV package to include NBCSN if you want to watch all their games

Reactions: Pinehawk
While I do think it's easier, I think the price can add up. For example, if you follow a Premier League club who's also in the Champion's League/ Europa League, you would need to subscribe to Peacock, ESPN+, Paramount+, as well as have a TV package to include NBCSN if you want to watch all their games

What do you need ESPN+ for? Peacock and NBCSN should cover every PL matchup and Paramout+ should cover every CL matchup.

But I agree . . . part of the problem is that because soccer has so many different competitions such as the EFL cup, FA cup, domestic leagues, Champion's League, Europa league they can part and parcel out each competition to a different company.

What do you need ESPN+ for? Peacock and NBCSN should cover every PL matchup and Paramout+ should cover every CL matchup.

But I agree . . . part of the problem is that because soccer has so many different competitions such as the EFL cup, FA cup, domestic leagues, Champion's League, Europa league they can part and parcel out each competition to a different company.

ESPN+ for the Carabao/ FA Cup

Hoosiers right, but that’s changing with most of those dinosaurs dying of Covid-19.

ESPN+ for the Carabao/ FA Cup

Oh I see. . . I'm not overly upset by missing those games.

Don't get me wrong if I had the choice I would watch. But at the same time the teams playing in the Champions league rest all their best players for the Carabao and FA cup matches.

For those like me w/o Paramount+, Universo (en Español) is on YouTube TV.

Hopefully Bello has a better performance from last time. Has underperformed overall with USMNT to me thus far.

Okay, I just hit done with my own game. What is this lineup? This is a Gold Cup group stage team. I get we have injuries and the English based players can't play in Panama but seriously?

Not enough intensity to start the game. Looked to me like Panama is gassing a bit but haven't been able to press an advantage

Not enough intensity to start the game. Looked to me like Panama is gassing a bit but haven't been able to press an advantage
These passes in transition have been killers. EVERYTIME they have caught panama in a counter, they give it away with a sloppy pass.

I've missed most of this and it looks like that's a good thing. They don't even look like they are aware that they are losing the game. Zero sense of urgency by the US team right here and they don't seem to have any idea of what they want to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT