ADVERTISEMENT

***US Soccer***

We pulling for Canada or Panama?

Jeez, is there a website that has this tourny broken down in simplistic terms like a bracket or something along those lines? It's like pulling teeth to get updated info, as Im finding scores from yrs ago, outdated rosters, or colorful graphics with no info other than videos from last week, yr and shit.

It only serves Costa Rica right to get screwed by no VAR since they are one of the countries that is preventing CONCACAF from having VAR.
Im apologizing in advance as I haven't kept up to date, but are you saying Costa could've gotten a call their way, but don't have the infrastructure (our outright refuse) to have video replay, and by them not having VAR, prevents the whole of concacaf from having it?

Reactions: BioHawk
It only serves Costa Rica right to get screwed by no VAR since they are one of the countries that is preventing CONCACAF from having VAR.

FIFA gets half a billion for the World Cup on TV rights alone and can’t get a couple go pros on site for matches.

And if McKennie could stop screwing around, that would be great.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Im apologizing in advance as I haven't kept up to date, but are you saying Costa could've gotten a call their way, but don't have the infrastructure (our outright refuse) to have video replay, and by them not having VAR, prevents the whole of concacaf from having it?
Among other countries. Canada, Mexico, and the US are the only countries that are able to have VAR, at least that what I heard on another broadcast earlier this year.

Well, not a bad rebound there. Was hoping for 7 points in this window but 6 is okay. Feeling okay about where we are.

Not sure who to root for now. I feel like plenty of teams are getting buried and struggling for any points. They will have to play with some desperation in the second half of qualifying. I can't see how Honduras or Costa Rica are going to get it together to make a run. Jamacia has so much more talent than they are showing but are in a massive hole. El Salvador can hang with teams still so I am not writing them off.

Appears to be a 4 horse race, with one outlier, for 3 spots.

Well, not a bad rebound there. Was hoping for 7 points in this window but 6 is okay. Feeling okay about where we are.

Not sure who to root for now. I feel like plenty of teams are getting buried and struggling for any points. They will have to play with some desperation in the second half of qualifying. I can't see how Honduras or Costa Rica are going to get it together to make a run. Jamacia has so much more talent than they are showing but are in a massive hole. El Salvador can hang with teams still so I am not writing them off.

Appears to be a 4 horse race, with one outlier, for 3 spots.
I feel good that USMNT got the 3 points but at the same time CRC, injuries/Covid taken into account, is not a good team. U.S., for most of the match, was sloppy with passing/touches, and more importantly their service into the box. I know I'm kind of nitpicking here, but I think the USMNT has a lot to clean up. I was impressed tonight, with their push forward, compared to last Sunday. They clearly came out with a lot more energy.

I feel good that USMNT got the 3 points but at the same time CRC, injuries/Covid taken into account, is not a good team. U.S., for most of the match, was sloppy with passing/touches, and more importantly their service into the box. I know I'm kind of nitpicking here, but I think the USMNT has a lot to clean up. I was impressed tonight, with their push forward, compared to last Sunday. They clearly came out with a lot more energy.
Don't forget, if it weren't for the old Costa Rican dude getting tired and slow Costa Rica should have probably had another goal.

Reactions: irunlikeAcieEarl
Simply playing with more effort and energy means a lot. I honestly feel that level off energy would have led to at least a draw be panama.

Reactions: irunlikeAcieEarl
Simply playing with more effort and energy means a lot. I honestly feel that level off energy would have led to at least a draw be panama.
I completely agree. I know CONCACAF qualifying is a bit of a slog, but it seems like the USMNT should be a couple steps ahead of where they are.

I completely agree. I know CONCACAF qualifying is a bit of a slog, but it seems like the USMNT should be a couple steps ahead of where they are.
It doesn’t help that is by far the youngest and most inexperienced WCQ squad we’ve probably ever had. Our talent level is better top to bottom than anyone save Mexico perhaps, but that gets balanced on the road in CONCACAF with hostile crowds unlike any most of these guys will see, usually uneven (at best) pitch quality, and different geographical challenges to boot. It’s just weird and takes getting used to. This squad needs to realize his and adjust to the fact that the only thing they can genuinely control is the energy and effort they bring, as even simple passes have a way of going askew at some of these stadiums they will play at.

to play devils advocate at the same time, they do have 4 points thru 3 road games thus far, which combined with continued results at home, will be enough to ensure qualification if they can average a point per game on the road.

Did anyone catch Ian Darke’s comment, ‘that’s a lack of honor’ when noting Dest walking off the opposite side when he was subbed. Closed Captioning didn’t quote him.

• Sad
Reactions: haw-key
It doesn’t help that is by far the youngest and most inexperienced WCQ squad we’ve probably ever had. Our talent level is better top to bottom than anyone save Mexico perhaps, but that gets balanced on the road in CONCACAF with hostile crowds unlike any most of these guys will see, usually uneven (at best) pitch quality, and different geographical challenges to boot. It’s just weird and takes getting used to. This squad needs to realize his and adjust to the fact that the only thing they can genuinely control is the energy and effort they bring, as even simple passes have a way of going askew at some of these stadiums they will play at.

to play devils advocate at the same time, they do have 4 points thru 3 road games thus far, which combined with continued results at home, will be enough to ensure qualification if they can average a point per game on the road.

I'd argue that although we are younger, our ceiling is higher than Mexico for sure but it's all about the consistency of play that makes a difference. I think we will get there.

IF (big if) we win against Mexico on Tuesday, I'm not sure if we will have to gain any road points to qualify as long as we win our home games. We would be sitting atop the table with 14 points and get 9 more for 23. It would be right on the border but it could be enough.

I'd argue that although we are younger, our ceiling is higher than Mexico for sure but it's all about the consistency of play that makes a difference. I think we will get there.

IF (big if) we win against Mexico on Tuesday, I'm not sure if we will have to gain any road points to qualify as long as we win our home games. We would be sitting atop the table with 14 points and get 9 more for 23. It would be right on the border but it could be enough.
Wait, I didn't think the next window was until November..

Did anyone catch Ian Darke’s comment, ‘that’s a lack of honor’ when noting Dest walking off the opposite side when he was subbed. Closed Captioning didn’t quote him.

New FIFA rules requires player to exit the field at the nearest sideline. Keep the players from wasting time by slowly walking off field.

Reactions: SI_NYC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT