ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today: Caitlin will not be selected for Olympic Women's Basketball Team

Just a terrible business decision. Think of all the money they're losing. As far as winning, it's not like this is some make-a-wish kid they're sticking at the end of the bench. She's already a top 20 player. Plus the team is already going to beat every team by 40. It would be smart to give your best young talent some experience.

New WNBA fans have probably never heard of quite a few of these players and they still won't after the Olympics becauye they won't be watching. CC on the team gives them worldwide exposure that they've never experienced. It has to be one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen.

“I don’t know how you leave the country without her,” four-time Olympic gold medalist Lisa Leslie told The Sporting News in April, adding that Clark “one hundred percent” should be on Team USA.

The real reasons why she was left off:

* Politics
* Jealousy of her popularity & wealth
* The old guard wants to put Caitlin in her place
* Wrong sexual orientation
* Wrong skin color

What did I miss? ;)

She could probably play for Italy as that country as a very easy rule for playing for them.

Hey, I am a southside Des Moines IA of Italian descent and Clark's mom is Italian so that would be very cool. And she could bring her Nike's to Italy's team although I am not a big Nike fan.
I wish Caitlin would play for Italy, if she was able. Would make the Team USA decision makers look incredibly stupid when Team Italy achieves significantly higher TV viewership numbers than team USA.

I said a while back that the best thing for Caitlin would be to stay home from the Olympics. Let the jealous old women who've been playing in anonymity stay there while Caitlin FINALLY gets some physical rest and mental reset. The US Olympic team needed her WAY WAY more than CC needed them. So I think this is pretty great.

USA Women's Basketball shows its true colors, green with envy, if you were wondering, ticks off millions of CC fans all over the world, and guarantees nobody will be watching the US women in the Olympics. Win, win, win as far as I'm concerned.

BTW: Caitlin's 30-point performance last night in DC was seen in person by over 20,000, the largest WNBA crowd in 17 years. The previous game in the same venue vs. the great-in-her-own-mind Angel Reese drew less than half that. LOL

Last edited:
You just know Taurasi is involved in a lot of this. Could have been cool to see her win her sixth gold medal while also passing the torch to Caitlin, a good opportunity to shine a light on her decorated career. You could have had the other WNBA stars embrace CC and put the bullying narrative to rest...and you could have gained millions of new fans around the world. But nope, that sounds like a stupid idea.

It's just mind-boggling.

You just know Taurasi is involved in a lot of this. Could have been cool to see her win her sixth gold medal while also passing the torch to Caitlin, a good opportunity to shine a light on her decorated career. You could have had the other WNBA stars embrace CC and put the bullying narrative to rest...and you could have gained millions of new fans around the world. But nope, that sounds like a stupid idea.

It's just mind-boggling.

they are running out of noses to cut off to spite their faces

Yeah, let’s leave the most popular women’s basketball player in history (college and pro) in the United States (the world?), off the US Team..

And Caitlin has made it clear that making the Olympic team is very important to her; she doesn't want to rest and watch the games from home; she wants to be in Paris wearing the USA jersey.

When Christian Lattner made the "dream team" in 1992 nobody raised a stink even tho there had to be 20+ better NBA guys left off.

Seems political as the 12th member of the team is not that significant to team success...lattner hardly played.

Nike is sad today, also.
I just hope CC continues to light it up this year to make the committee look bad.

Actually, a lot of people raised a stink about it.

NBC Execs this weekend...

OIP.Pv006ROv7N4XvUvIcl2rnwHaIa

This might be a leak to get a check ok public perception. If there is mass outrage, I would not be surprised to see Caitlin in Paris.

Reactions: DBQ Hawk
Absolutely no discussion about the talent of Chelsea Gray She is injured since October 2023 with no timeline for return but is in the team for a competition that starts on 26 July!!
Griner has been injured too, just played her first game lady night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT