ADVERTISEMENT

What are your odd habits, ticks, or idiosyncrasies

I drink only from clear bottles or glass cups. I have to visually see what I am drinking.

I also splash water on my face at least 10x/day. Growing up, I had horrible acne and my dr told me to go into the bathroom between every period during school and splash water on my face to clear my face to prevent more acne. I still do that to this day.

Also, when watching football, I make sure there are four offensive players off the line of scrimmage on every play.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
I'm not psychotic about it but I it does make me feel better when things are symmetrical, square, level, etc. Like, if I have a picture hung up next to a door frame, the spacing between the trim and the picture needs to be within a 16th top to bottom or it bugs me. Houses that are framed terribly and way out of square just makes me sad.

I do have fasteners for all of my wall pictures that makes it impossible for them to budge once they are up. As long as you have the fasteners level and everything measured out, that shit is not moving unless there's an earthquake.

After typing that I feel like I may actually be psychotic about it.

I also like to hit the lock button on my car key fob 6 times as there is something assuring about the 4 beeps. You'd think hitting the button 6 times would make 6 beeps, but nope... it makes 4. Perfect. Beeps.

After typing that I feel like I may actually be psychotic about it.
duh-uhhyeah.gif

Another one…if I’m eating a candy that is multi-color, I will sort it and eat by color even if it doesn’t affect the flavor. Peanut M&Ms are eaten by color even though they all taste the same.

• Wow
Reactions: EasyHawk
Another one…if I’m eating a candy that is multi-color, I will sort it and eat by color even if it doesn’t affect the flavor. Peanut M&Ms are eaten by color even though they all taste the same.
My wife picks out the reds and blues and asks if I want them (uhhh of course) because she says they taste different. I agree with you, I can tell no difference.

Like someone who posted about coffee above, I get up early but don’t talk to me before I’ve had a couple Diet Cokes. It’s so bad that my niece got me a Xmas gift this year of a tumbler that says “It’s too early for you to say things.” She gets me.

I can’t leave a setting on an odd number. Music volume, temp settings, etc. There is a strange twist to it though. Let’s say full volume is 30, I have no problem leaving it at 15 as it’s half way. I don’t know what the hell is wrong with me but it is what it is lol.

This for my wife also.
Plastic grocery bags. We have a special bag to hold them for future use that is full.
Holds about 50. Wife puts the others on a shelf next to the full bag. HOW MANY DO WE NEED!!!!!
I throw them away.

Ditto. We have multiple "special" holding bags for the bags.

She sets the thermostat at 68 in the winter. She wears bra, top and then a hooded sweatshirt.
I'm freezing my ass off with a T shirt and flannel shirt. She says "put a sweater on"
I'll stop ranting now.

0b0ab2cf-e867-45f3-a417-ad56388c0196_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanseminole
I drink only from clear bottles or glass cups. I have to visually see what I am drinking.

I also splash water on my face at least 10x/day. Growing up, I had horrible acne and my dr told me to go into the bathroom between every period during school and splash water on my face to clear my face to prevent more acne. I still do that to this day.

Also, when watching football, I make sure there are four offensive players off the line of scrimmage on every play.

So you’re the reason for that movie trope?

I can’t leave a setting on an odd number. Music volume, temp settings, etc. There is a strange twist to it though. Let’s say full volume is 30, I have no problem leaving it at 15 as it’s half way. I don’t know what the hell is wrong with me but it is what it is lol.
Multiples of 5 are significantly better than random even numbers which are better than random odd ones.

For example, the volume at 15 is better than at 14 and 14 is better than 13. Ideally though it’d be at 20.

I have size 14 feet and ran and played basketball a lot from middle school well into my 50’s. For whatever reason, I would lose my big toenails frequently. They would turn black and fall off and new ones would be coming in. In college my roommate suggested I keep them in an empty fishbowl, so my collection began. Got married at 30 and my wife said the collection had to go. I also dipped Cope for years and one time my MIL took a swig out of a Coke bottle I was using as a temporary spitter. She was notorious for drinking out of anyone’s glass.
The first thing just makes you a serial killer. Nothing wrong with that I guess. Just stay away from my family.

• Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk
Multiples of 5 are significantly better than random even numbers which are better than random odd ones.

For example, the volume at 15 is better than at 14 and 14 is better than 13. Ideally though it’d be at 20.
Ideal volume is actually 11.

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

Reactions: stout1
You even number people are nuts, just like my youngest. She hates that I have the thermostat set at 69. Always have the cruise and radio volume at odd numbers also. I attribute it to having all odd numbers in my birthday. I’m odd so the numbers need to be too.

You closed captioned people are also crazy, I hate CC, and NP wife and oldest always have it on.

It’s not something that I absolutely have to have, but I like to rub the satin or silk on the edge of a blanket between my fingers before I fall asleep or just to help me relax.

Another one that I'm on the other side or, I won't eat leftovers. What ever isn't eaten is thrown out.
Most of our extended family on my wife's side is like that. Our main big family get together/meals are Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and we now bring a bunch of leftover containers because they all say whatever is left is getting thrown out (and literally have watched them take awesome stuff and dump it outside for the cats in the past). We love leftovers, some stuff is better the next day.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Yes, and the primary one should really only be the one used. At the end of the day, they
must be down to be off. If not, I will go out of my way to adjust them to be correct.

I also count stairs as I go up them and similar to what others have said, I am very particular for what numbers are allowed to be the right volume for the tv or the car stereo.
This one is a little crazy to me, off the top of my head there are three rooms in my house that have three light switches to turn on the lights. Living room, kitchen and basement rec room. I've never thought about where the position of the switch was at. Why would you do that? I don't know if I could get them all the same direction if I tried to be honest.

You, sir, should be ashamed of yourself. Leftovers are outstanding.
Leftover Italian is amazing when the pasta soaks.
Most everything else is worse.
Is there another dish that seems as good (or better) reheated?

Any stew or chili is better as leftovers.

Frankly, I eat leftovers almost everyday. We build our evening meal plan around having leftovers for work the next day. Our kids take them for post school meals when they have late practices.

I believe my cheesy potatoes do. Thanksgiving and Christmas Day leftovers are amazing, in my opinion.

When I go to bed for the evening I have to check the doors. Even if I'm alone and I know that I personally locked them 30 minutes earlier.
I have no other OCD type habits.
Turn TV off, check doors, grab water, turn off house lights, put the dogs out, turn on tv in bedroom.

I have to have the volume set to a number ending in a 0 or a 5. Can't be looking at some ugly number like 11 while listening to something on the radio as an example.

All the number ocd things are funny. Tonight I'm setting the thermostat to 69 and the volume on the TV to 11 to see if my wife has that same problem.

Just realized one today thanks to my wife. When drinking something from a can like pop or beer, I ALWAYS turn the tab slightly to the right and I have no idea why.

My wife thinks I’m a complete weirdo. I mean she already did but this just adds to it.

Just realized one today thanks to my wife. When drinking something from a can like pop or beer, I ALWAYS turn the tab slightly to the right and I have no idea why.

My wife thinks I’m a complete weirdo. I mean she already did but this just adds to it.
When I was younger a lot of us did that because we all drank the same cheap beer and you needed to make sure you knew which one was yours. Some would do a slight turn to the right, all the way right, so on and so on.

i turn every can, bottle, label out where i can see, read it.
Yep, I wanna be able to read them quick like.
I spend a fair amount of time turning off lights in unoccupied rooms.
I only wash socks when the pair is together.
After helping a blind lady in the grocery store, I adapted her method of keeping cash in sequence of value, all facing the same direction.
I still pay bills with checks.
When building a fire, it is imperative that only one match is used.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone,.. I'm feeling much better about myself after reading this thread.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT