ADVERTISEMENT

Where does ISU go when the Big 12 implodes?

EXACTLY MY POINT! Iowa is not at OSU's level as a program just like ISU isn't in the same area code as OU. I don't brag about Iowa beating OSU. It took a lot of things to go right. Beating you jackoffs, conversely, was not a fluke. It is something that Iowa has been doing consistetly since the series was resumed.

Now Iowa winning 10 of the last 15 against the clowns isn't a trend. But going from 3 wins to 8 is a clear trend that simply can't be argued with. Clown fans will tell you just ask.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Cocaines a hell of a drug.
Not sure what "Cocaines" is so I will take your word for it being a hell of a drug. You also said the car Cam Lard was driving when he was arrested wasn't even his so clearly he was innocent. Now he is in a "wellness center".

Keep posting it is always fun to laugh at clown fans.

My apologies for the grammar error.

Anybody who thinks it’s advantageous to get down 14-0 in a football is an idiot. It’s not even worth laughing at a position so dumb. You just have to feel bad for that person.

My apologies for the grammar error.

Anybody who thinks it’s advantageous to get down 14-0 in a football is an idiot. It’s not even worth laughing at a position so dumb. You just have to feel bad for that person.

Says the clown fan that said Lard was innocent of the drug charge because the car wasn’t his. Now he is in a “wellness clinic”.

latest

ISU fans IRL

Why even talk about them? They aren't coming to the B1G. So, it really means nothing. I just don't get it.

Why is this on a Hawkeye board?
I don't care what happens to the Clones.
For any other Hawkeye wondering how this got to 326 replies. Read the following and ask yourself if self-awareness is an issue that our base needs to address in a mentally healthy way.

This makes no sense. We are not in the running for Jirehl b/c we moved on. Seriously, what are you talking about?

Do you trust in Matt Campbell? Believe in Pollard? I’m guessing “yes”. Why do you care what we do or how we approach things?

The Boomers were not an outlier in the Big Eight. Look at a map. The only outlier was Colorado. Now look at a map showing OU as a member of the Big Ten.

I would be stunned if the Big Ten invited OU, although the Nebraska invitation pretty much blew apart the idea that elite academic status was necessary.

Of course, I'd never say "never" to anything related to conference reorganization. I'm still not over my surprise at the Big Ten adding Penn State. Nobody I know can figure out what West Virginia is doing in the Big 12.

Nothing really matters to any of the conferences except money, and money means TV. Any other factor is secondary.

I didn't say they were an outlier, I said they were the southernmost school in the conference, meaning they played in a Midwest or "northern" based conference once before and had success. All the talk about Oklahoma never leaving Texas side stems people saying that OU wants access to the state of Texas for recruiting. Thing is they spent decades of their existence, and won many National titles, playing in a different conference than UT, with no "access" to Texas recruits (even though they still successfully recruited that state), and played teams located in the Midwest and Great Plains in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa.

The entire premise that OU needs to stick with UT is flawed as the Sooners demonstrated for decades they can be successful in a different conference.

I didn't say they were an outlier, I said they were the southernmost school in the conference, meaning they played in a Midwest or "northern" based conference once before and had success. All the talk about Oklahoma never leaving Texas side stems people saying that OU wants access to the state of Texas for recruiting. Thing is they spent decades of their existence, and won many National titles, playing in a different conference than UT, with no "access" to Texas recruits (even though they still successfully recruited that state), and played teams located in the Midwest and Great Plains in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa.

The entire premise that OU needs to stick with UT is flawed as the Sooners demonstrated for decades they can be successful in a different conference.
I don't think I ever suggested that OU needs to stick with UT. Obviously, that is not the case. I don't know what you mean, though, by saying that for decades they had no access to Texas recruits. OU has always had a lot of Texas kids.

This is a fun topic, but it's important to keep one foot in the real world, because as soon as we figure out something logical, something highly illogical occurs. Like Maryland and Rutgers joining the Big Ten. And there are factors that aren't immediately obvious; for example, the only reason Baylor is in the Big XII is the political makeup of the Texas Legislature.

I liked the Big Eight. I liked the Big XII when it had 12 teams and I like it now. I also recognize that all three had serious flaws.

If I were king of the world, the first thing I'd do is limit all conferences to 10 teams, so everybody plays everybody else, and I'd put a lot of emphasis on geography.

I am not the king of the world.

I don't think I ever suggested that OU needs to stick with UT. Obviously, that is not the case. I don't know what you mean, though, by saying that for decades they had no access to Texas recruits. OU has always had a lot of Texas kids.

This is a fun topic, but it's important to keep one foot in the real world, because as soon as we figure out something logical, something highly illogical occurs. Like Maryland and Rutgers joining the Big Ten. And there are factors that aren't immediately obvious; for example, the only reason Baylor is in the Big XII is the political makeup of the Texas Legislature.

I liked the Big Eight. I liked the Big XII when it had 12 teams and I like it now. I also recognize that all three had serious flaws.

If I were king of the world, the first thing I'd do is limit all conferences to 10 teams, so everybody plays everybody else, and I'd put a lot of emphasis on geography.

I am not the king of the world.

That was my point. OU does not need to be in a Texas based conference to access Texas recruits. For decades they successfully recruited Texas while playing in a conference based in the Midwest.

Why is this relevant to this discussion? A couple of years prior to the GOR expiring (when it reaches the point it is more advantageous to buy out the final few years of the GOR and make a move) you will see both Kansas and Oklahoma to the Big Ten rumors start up. It will be the first move in the next big conference realignment shakeup, and the last move the Big Ten will make for many, many years to come.

Oklahoma and Kansas are the only logical moves for the Big Ten to make. The ACC is locked up tight as their GOR goes into 2036. Notre Dame is not an option as they also signed into the ACC GOR until 2035-36 and are contractually obligated to join the ACC if they decide to join a conference in the next 20 years.

The only playing pieces on the board for the Big Ten are Kansas and Oklahoma. The two schools make sense as well because the future is about acquiring historical properties like OU football and KU basketball, not markets, as we switch towards more streaming based services. With Comcast dumping the BTN in non-BIG states and more and more people cutting the cord you can expect BTN to be made available nationally as a streaming service for a few dollars a month. In that environment it is important to have branded programs to service huge alumni and fan bases. OU and KU fit that profile. KU has AAU status and Oklahoma, while academically behind, has been improving. It would also balance out the BIG East and BIG West with OU coming to the West as well as reigniting the OU and Nebraska rivalry. The moves are logical and the time frame also just happens to coincide with the Big Ten renegotiating its TV rights. You think the timing of all that is just coincidence?

Expect OU and KU to come to the BIG. Texas may decide to go independent in football or maybe look west to the PAC with Texas Tech, Okie St, and a few others in tow, maybe ISU is a part of that group. Probably doubtful as the PAC values academics and the only Big 12 schools left they would want would be UT, TTU, and ISU, from an academic standpoint. Of course they did take the AZ schools.

My guess is the Big 12 probably survives with some additions but gets relegated to G5 status, depending on if Texas is still in it or not. Should get interesting, the bottom line is Oklahoma did not extend the Big 12 GOR for a reason, they are looking to get out and the Big Ten is eyeing them.

Last edited:
Reactions: whatsup13579er
That was my point. OU does not need to be in a Texas based conference to access Texas recruits. For decades they successfully recruited Texas while playing in a conference based in the Midwest.

Why is this relevant to this discussion? A couple of years prior to the GOR expiring (when it reaches the point it is more advantageous to buy out the final few years of the GOR and make a move) you will see both Kansas and Oklahoma to the Big Ten rumors start up. It will be the first move in the next big conference realignment shakeup, and the last move the Big Ten will make for many, many years to come.

Oklahoma and Kansas are the only logical moves for the Big Ten to make. The ACC is locked up tight as their GOR goes into 2036. Notre Dame is not an option as they also signed into the ACC GOR until 2035-36 and are contractually obligated to join the ACC if they decide to join a conference in the next 20 years.

The only playing pieces on the board for the Big Ten are Kansas and Oklahoma. The two schools make sense as well because the future is about acquiring historical properties like OU football and KU basketball, not markets, as we switch towards more streaming based services. With Comcast dumping the BTN in non-BIG states and more and more people cutting the cord you can expect BTN to be made available nationally as a streaming service for a few dollars a month. In that environment it is important to have branded programs to service huge alumni and fan bases. OU and KU fit that profile. KU has AAU status and Oklahoma, while academically behind, has been improving. It would also balance out the BIG East and BIG West with OU coming to the West as well as reigniting the OU and Nebraska rivalry. The moves are logical and the time frame also just happens to coincide with the Big Ten renegotiating its TV rights. You think the timing of all that is just coincidence?

Expect OU and KU to come to the BIG. Texas may decide to go independent in football or maybe look west to the PAC with Texas Tech, Okie St, and a few others in tow, maybe ISU is a part of that group. The Big 12 probably survives with some additions but gets relegated to G5 status, depending on if Texas is still in it or not. Should get interesting, the bottom line is Oklahoma did not extend the Big 12 GOR for a reason, they are looking to get out and the Big Ten is eyeing them.
I could see Texas staying with the Big 12 (Baylor, TT, TCU, Ok State, KSU, ISU, WVU) and adding 4 more (Houston, Memphis, UCF/USF, Air Force, or Cincy) to get back to 12. Texas loves to be the big fish in a small pond.

I could see Texas staying with the Big 12 (Baylor, TT, TCU, Ok State, KSU, ISU, WVU) and adding 4 more (Houston, Memphis, UCF/USF, Air Force, or Cincy) to get back to 12. Texas loves to be the big fish in a small pond.

Yep. That is entirely possible too. Or Texas parking all their other sports in a revamped Big 12 and taking their football independent with some sort of scheduling agreement with the Big 12, ala Notre Dame. Because the Big 12 without OU is not a P5 conference anymore and Texas is not going to get relegated to G6 status.

I would also put Colorado State, Nevada, BYU, and UNLV in there as expansion candidates.

Expect OU and KU to come to the BIG. Texas may decide to go independent in football or maybe look west to the PAC with Texas Tech, Okie St, and a few others in tow, maybe ISU is a part of that group. Probably doubtful as the PAC values academics and the only Big 12 schools left they would want would be UT, TTU, and ISU, from an academic standpoint. Of course they did take the AZ schools.

My guess is the Big 12 probably survives with some additions but gets relegated to G5 status, depending on if Texas is still in it or not. Should get interesting, the bottom line is Oklahoma did not extend the Big 12 GOR for a reason, they are looking to get out and the Big Ten is eyeing them.

Adding Okla and Kansas would be an amazing power move for the B1G, but holy cow.....conference championships have been hard to come by for Iowa as it is. You add those two schools, be prepared to never see another conference championship for Iowa in any sport except possibly wrestling for the rest of your life and maybe your kids' lives.

No one cares about non-revenue sports, especially when it comes to conference realignment.

When the Big 12 dissolves in the next round of realignment and they lose the Big 12 money, ISU will fit right in with those AAC schools right around 54 to 61.
LOL!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT