Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - name in replies

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • House Dem Nancy Pelosi

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • First Lady Jill Biden

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
I don't know who is running our country, but can we all agree that this is pretty terrifying, given the current global landscape?

America lacks a competent leader, and the whole world knows it. That, to me, is incredibly frightening. Last night, Biden called America the 'envy of the world,' which we all know is untrue.

Same thing I would have said with any president. A large team of people all working together. The idea that one person is doing a whole heck of a lot to "run the country" is absurd.

That said, sounds like a really bad performance by Joe. Too bad it appears that he's doddering.

That's why it's effectively the cabinet. They decide what needs to be done in their sphere of influence and they wake up Joe and present it to him and he likely just rubber stamps it.

That's why it's effectively the cabinet. They decide what needs to be done in their sphere of influence and they wake up Joe and present it to him and he likely just rubber stamps it.
It's Zients, Blinken and other cabinet members that 90% of the country doesn't know and didn't vote for.
4 years ago Biden was clearly slipping but most figured he'd be okay for 4 years.
Looking at him now, and projecting 4 years down the road, no chance he should be in the oval going forward. Zero.
We need better than this.

Which is why it's good that Biden has appointed a very good staff under him.

I guess the question facing voters is, would you rather have Joe, with 12 Cabinet members under him who are competent, trustworthy, and have integrity? Or would you rather have a less doddering Trump and the crew of kleptocrats and felons he's going to appoint this time?

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
Same thing I would have said with any president. A large team of people all working together. The idea that one person is doing a whole heck of a lot to "run the country" is absurd.

That said, sounds like a really bad performance by Joe. Too bad it appears that he's doddering.
Overall policy is usually centralized, then implementation is delegated.

I guess the question facing voters is, would you rather have Joe, with 12 Cabinet members under him who are competent, trustworthy, and have integrity? Or would you rather have a less doddering Trump and the crew of kleptocrats and felons he's going to appoint this time?

Yeah it's still an easy decision for me but unless Joe can suddenly bounce back and show some energy he's cost himself people on the fence and possibly some hold their nose Biden voters.

I guess he did a campaign event before the debate so the decision to do that was really stupid.

Who says they're competent, trustworthy and have integrity? No one really knows, and there's plenty of evidence suggesting at least some of them aren't.
When you vote for Potus yes there's and understanding that person will pick a strong cabinet to help run the country.
The problem is Biden isn't picking anything.

You have got to be kidding.

Reactions: hawkedoff

LOL, says you? The same “trustworthy” cabinet members who tell us every day how sharpe and alert Joe is?

Excellent post. Which is why I love X. Level of intelligent discourse 100X of HORT.

“I couldn't watch the entire debate last night. It was simply appalling.

This morning I went to the history books to review the last year of Woodrow Wilson's presidency. Every book had great difficulty with the reality of Wilson's stroke on the 2nd of October 1919, as the facts of that event and his subsequent condition was kept hidden from the public.

What drove me to the books was the sight of Jill Biden in the ante-room after the debate, explaining to Biden, like a mother to an inattentive son, that he had "answered every question".

Is she running the country? Is history repeating?

Wilson and, even more, his wife (who, coincidentally was - like Jill Biden - his second wife following the death of his first) detested his vice-president, Thomas R. Marshall, and attempted to keep him in the dark about Wilson's true condition.

Despite the Wilsons' antagonisms, Hughes remained loyal to Wilson, and declined to assert his constitutional authority (and, it should be said, duty). As a result, for the last year of his tenure, Wilson's wife, Edith Bolling Wilson, effectively ran the country.

We are now in the midst of a serious constitutional crisis during a period of serious wars abroad and a failure of confidence at home.

If this president is unwilling to step aside voluntarily as provided for under section 3 of the 25th Amendment to the Constitution, then it is incumbent upon the cabinet - or a presidential review body established under the section 4 of that Amendment - to declare the President unfit for office.

This is not a partisan issue. We should all step up to help Joe and Jill Biden do the right thing.”

Biden likely takes 3-4 naps a day and is in bed by 6pm. So who is running the USA?

You should have added “OP is an idiot” to the choices. Everyone knows Joe makes the final decisions. Nothing that comes out of his administration would imply otherwise. You continue to throw shit against the wall.

Yes.

And who are the other felons he’ll undoubtedly appoint?

Excellent post. Which is why I love X. Level of intelligent discourse 100X of HORT.

“I couldn't watch the entire debate last night. It was simply appalling.

This morning I went to the history books to review the last year of Woodrow Wilson's presidency. Every book had great difficulty with the reality of Wilson's stroke on the 2nd of October 1919, as the facts of that event and his subsequent condition was kept hidden from the public.

What drove me to the books was the sight of Jill Biden in the ante-room after the debate, explaining to Biden, like a mother to an inattentive son, that he had "answered every question".

Is she running the country? Is history repeating?

Wilson and, even more, his wife (who, coincidentally was - like Jill Biden - his second wife following the death of his first) detested his vice-president, Thomas R. Marshall, and attempted to keep him in the dark about Wilson's true condition.

Despite the Wilsons' antagonisms, Hughes remained loyal to Wilson, and declined to assert his constitutional authority (and, it should be said, duty). As a result, for the last year of his tenure, Wilson's wife, Edith Bolling Wilson, effectively ran the country.

We are now in the midst of a serious constitutional crisis during a period of serious wars abroad and a failure of confidence at home.

If this president is unwilling to step aside voluntarily as provided for under section 3 of the 25th Amendment to the Constitution, then it is incumbent upon the cabinet - or a presidential review body established under the section 4 of that Amendment - to declare the President unfit for office.

This is not a partisan issue. We should all step up to help Joe and Jill Biden do the right thing.”
He could have referenced Ronald and Nancy Reagan just as well. It was obvious to all that Ron had lost it during his second term in office.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT