ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Getting the Fall COVID Vaccine?

Is the new booster targeted towards the latest VOC? Are there any safety/efficacy data being released?

"...pushing it hard for young and old alike without human-outcomes data makes a mockery of the scientific method and our regulatory process."

Simple Google Search:

Moderna has submitted its updated COVID-19 vaccine to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and other regulators around the world. Pending authorization, it will be ready for fall vaccination with sufficient global supply.

Simple Google Search:

Moderna has submitted its updated COVID-19 vaccine to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and other regulators around the world. Pending authorization, it will be ready for fall vaccination with sufficient global supply.
You submitted a marketing press release as evidence of 'data'. Uhhhh, okay.

:rolleyes:

This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended, including regarding: Moderna's regulatory application to the U.S. FDA, EMA and other regulators around the world for mRNA-1273.815; Moderna's ability to deliver its updated COVID-19 vaccine with ample and timely global supply for the fall vaccination season, pending authorization; the ability of Moderna's updated vaccine to generate an immune response against EB.5, FL.1.5.1 and XBB variants of concern; and the ability of mRNA-1273.815 to effectively target EG.5 and other circulating variants during the upcoming vaccination season. The forward-looking statements in this press release are neither promises nor guarantees, and you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, many of which are beyond Moderna's control and which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties, and other factors include those other risks and uncertainties described under the heading "Risk Factors" in Moderna's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2022, filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and in subsequent filings made by Moderna with the SEC, which are available on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. Except as required by law, Moderna disclaims any intention or responsibility for updating or revising any forward-looking statements contained in this press release in the event of new information, future developments or otherwise. These forward-looking statements are based on Moderna's current expectations and speak only as of the date of this press release.

I never got the vaccine, got Covid, sick with flu-like symptoms for 3 days, then fine. I just turned 47, I eat right and keep myself in shape. If you’re old, sickly or fat, you should get the vaccine, if not you’ll b fine. If you are fat, eat better and exercise. It’s science.

I never got the vaccine, got Covid, sick with flu-like symptoms for 3 days, then fine. I just turned 47, I eat right and keep myself in shape. If you’re old, sickly or fat, you should get the vaccine, if not you’ll b fine. If you are fat, eat better and exercise. It’s science.

100% FALSE

Lots of otherwise "healthy" people have gotten very very ill from Covid, and many have long-term sequelae to this day.

100% FALSE

Lots of otherwise "healthy" people have gotten very very ill from Covid, and many have long-term sequelae to this day.
Nice scare tactics bonehead. You're an idiot. The vast majority of issues are people above 50. Knock it off with your stupidity. Please take a booster shot each week dumbass, that's about as long as they last for a variant that won't be around.

Actually, people did.

If you watch any of the documentaries on it.
Joe DOES watch videos!
giphy.gif

Nice scare tactics
It is FACTS.

Covid in 2023 is 5x to 8x more deadly than flu in anyone over 18 and under 65.
It is roughly 2x more deadly to kids.

If you are an adult of any age, and you think that flu shots are a good protector against severe flu, then you should be at least 5x to 8x more motivated to get a Covid booster.

The data is quite accessible on CDC website. The overwhelming percentage of folks that died from Covid were very old or had severe underlying medical issues. At my last place of business there are a little over 200 employees, weekly testing was required and I believe everyone tested positive at some point. 1 employee got seriously ill to the point where he had to be hospitalized. That employee was 52 years old and about 100 pounds overweight and a smoker. Eat right and exercise, get vaccinated if you’re over 65.

Reactions: Hawk_82
The data is quite accessible on CDC website. The overwhelming percentage of folks that died from Covid were very old or had severe underlying medical issues. At my last place of business there are a little over 200 employees, weekly testing was required and I believe everyone tested positive at some point. 1 employee got seriously ill to the point where he had to be hospitalized. That employee was 52 years old and about 100 pounds overweight and a smoker. Eat right and exercise, get vaccinated if you’re over 65.

"Obesity" is a significant risk factor.
~40% of American adults are "obese".

Reactions: BrianNole777
I'd love for you to produce data from Phizer on the covid vaccine that I have not seen. Let's see it.
Clearly not.

NIH/FDA releases the data AFTER they approve the drug/vaccine/device.
NOT BEFORE.
Pfizer only wanted 75 years to release the data. They've been making bank for almost 3 years and still playing CYA. This is insanity.

Not having to release data to the public seems pretty convenient.

They really could make any claim and we couldn't prove or disprove it. Seems scientific. Lol
It's been going on for years and years: "...any possible doubts (...) about the safety of the vaccine cannot be allowed to exist..." :oops:

Does that sound like 'science' to you?

It is FACTS.

If you are an adult of any age, and you think that flu shots are a good protector against severe flu, then you should be at least 5x to 8x more motivated to get a Covid booster.
How bad do you think covid is currently? Let's use iowa as a location.

How bad do you think it is going to get?

It is FACTS.

None of what you say are facts. We weren't making a comparison to flu idiot bag. Just look at the stupidity you just wrote above. "You think"? GTFOH

Having had Covid kick my ass twice, yes, I will definitely get all the boosters. I can't imagine how bad it could have been without.
Depending on when you got the shots in relation to when you got Covid, there may not have been much difference at all. Seems like the efficacy that was originally touted wanes fairly quickly.

It is FACTS.

The flu vaccine is not necessary for young healthy people either. The cdc implies this on their website.

"Vaccination to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications is particularly important for people who are at higher risk of developing serious flu complications." Cdc website

The following conditions are considered higher risk.

Covid is similar to influenza and if you do not fall in the high risk category, you will receive little benefit from the vaccine, in some situations the side effects of the vaccine may be worse than the illness itself.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT