ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Getting the Fall COVID Vaccine?

Kids should get Covid when they are young, so they can develop natural immunity that will last their entire lives.

Right now through the fall is when the largest spike had come each of the last 3 years. You all should probably mask up since they work so well.
How old were you when that horse kicked you on your head?

Last edited:
Highly unlikely I'll get a fall covid vaccine, but will likely get my annual flu shot.

That said, a related question out of curiosity: in your area, what seems to be the current practice with respect to public masking? (Last week I was in NC and saw none, and this morning on my bus ride to work, I'd estimate 50% masking rate.)

I’m in nyc right now, lots of masks around here.

F4hANlzaEAAMu2M

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
Ha!

Seriously though, really? Cause my bus ride was Arlington to DC this morning.

My son just started teaching in Arlington; if anybody in the area was wearing masks I think he would have mentioned it. I will ask him.

In Delaware masks have been 99.9% gone for well over a year. A few came back during the Canada wildfire smoke, but that's it.

Reactions: BrianNole777
My son just started teaching in Arlington; if anybody in the area was wearing masks I think he would have mentioned it. I will ask him.

In Delaware masks have been 99.9% gone for well over a year. A few came back during the Canada wildfire smoke, but that's it.
Fantastic! Where is he teaching?

(FWIW, I also tend to see them at the Harris Teeter, but this morning's number was a little shocking to me)

Kids should get Covid when they are young, so they can develop natural immunity that will last their entire lives.

Right now through the fall is when the largest spike had come each of the last 3 years. You all should probably mask up since they work so well.
Weird, because it’s going around my kids school (yet again). Most of my kid’s friends have had it 3x.

Last edited:
I believe it is blossoming on the U of I campus as we speak. My son tested positive yesterday and he's sick as a dog, much worse symptoms than the previous time he contracted it. The U has him self isolating for 5 days. He's pissed he's going to miss the home opener Saturday.

I believe it is blossoming on the U of I campus as we speak. My son tested positive yesterday and he's sick as a dog, much worse symptoms than the previous time he contracted it. The U has him self isolating for 5 days. He's pissed he's going to miss the home opener Saturday.
He should have gotten vaccinated.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Haha, if he’s feeling better by then, why would he not go to the game. I highly doubt he is locked up in his room and I’m sure no one is watching to see if he left.

Yorktown HS. Special Ed.
God bless him! Great high school, which I bike past all the time. He won't have a problem with uninvolved parents. Then again, maybe he'll have a problem of involved parents! ;)

If you/he ever have any local emergency you just need a short term hand with, just ping me on here.

Reactions: artradley
I got the vaccinations my physician recommended for me, Thx.
I’ve been watching the documentary called painkiller on Netflix. It’s about how OxyContin blew up and people got addicted and many have died from abuse/overdose. Pretty sure physicians and many other medical professionals were recommending that drug as well.
Good luck!

I’ve been watching the documentary called painkiller on Netflix. It’s about how OxyContin blew up and people got addicted and many have died from abuse/overdose. Pretty sure physicians and many other medical professionals were recommending that drug as well.
Good luck!
I do not know of anyone addicted to Covid shots

I mixed and matched Moderna and Pfizer.

Had the bivalent last fall; i'd have to check my vaccination card to remember if it's 4x or 5x shots by now.
I could not count how many influenza vaccines I've had. It is likely >30 by now.

I get the flu shot every year as well.

God bless him! Great high school, which I bike past all the time. He won't have a problem with uninvolved parents. Then again, maybe he'll have a problem of involved parents! ;)

If you/he ever have any local emergency you just need a short term hand with, just ping me on here.

Thanks, will do!

He said it seems like a very nice school.

I do not know of anyone addicted to Covid shots
I feel like one could argue this as some seem to get a boner every time a new booster is out.
However, my point was that you can’t always trust that you are always a physician or doctors top priority as you would see from the whole OxyContin situation I mentioned earlier. Greed can make people do things that aren’t so ethical

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I feel like one could argue this as some seem to get a boner every time a new booster is out.
However, my point was that you can’t always trust that you are always a physician or doctors top priority as you would see from the whole OxyContin situation I mentioned earlier. Greed can make people do things that aren’t so ethical

Yes. Let's make broad generalizations about the misconduct of one pharma company, and apply them to ALL VACCINES 🙄

Is the new booster targeted towards the latest VOC? Are there any safety/efficacy data being released?

"...pushing it hard for young and old alike without human-outcomes data makes a mockery of the scientific method and our regulatory process."

Is the new booster targeted towards the latest VOC? Are there any safety/efficacy data being released?

"...pushing it hard for young and old alike without human-outcomes data makes a mockery of the scientific method and our regulatory process."

You can probably Google it to find the data, Cletus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT