ADVERTISEMENT

Why the buyout? It’s us.

Leaking-Boat.png

Yes, Tarzan, I agree your post is stupid. Hence why I wrote what I did.

While Luka Garza has a lot of potential and is playing well at this time, that doesn't mean he COULD start for anyone. I think we could come up with a long list of teams Garza could not start for right now.

If you believe otherwise, I don't know what to tell you.
stupid is saying as you did that he could not start for ANY team in the league . illinois , yes, wisconsin , yes ( dont try and tell me happ is a 5 he is not ) rutgers , yes, minnesota , yes.

Barta giving Fran the extension is nothing more than a BIG F U to the fan base. Barta is too lazy and incompetent to go through the process of hiring a new coach. It's much easier for him to take this approach when the Athletic Dept. is drowning in $$$ from those fat tv contracts.

That's all Barta's boss cares about. A good sports program is a bonus. It's all about the $$$.

As stated... after Barta mucked up the lawsuit fiasco and still had a job... I'm not seeing any scenario where he could get fired... sans something similar to what is happening at MSU.

Totally agree about Barta.

The sad thing is that there is not one major college athletic director job, hell, maybe any AD job at any level, that Barta would be hired for--not one! What's on his resume--the TWO suits levied against him and the UI, will stain him forever and not one school would take a shot at hiring him because of the huge negative feedback he'd get from many of the fans and the media.

What does this say about the University of Iowa?

It’s really starting to look like Barta’s made a really bad bet. He had better know what he’s doing or he’s going to go down with the ship.
I've stated this on another thread in the football forum regarding Dantonio at MSU, "going down with the ship" is actually an honorable act (typically made by the captain), let's not give Barta that consideration. For him, it should be more like "walking the plank".

Reactions: frydaze
stupid is saying as you did that he could not start for ANY team in the league . illinois , yes, wisconsin , yes ( dont try and tell me happ is a 5 he is not ) rutgers , yes, minnesota , yes.

garza COULD start for anyone.

I didn't realize your reading comprehension and/or understanding of the English language was that bad. My mistake.

Let me break it down for you, genius. By saying "garza COULD start for anyone," as you did, means you think he could start at Duke, Michigan State, Kansas, etc. For anyone. I simply pointed out that is not the case. While Garza could start for some teams this year, there are many teams he would not be a starter on.

That should be obvious to anyone with 6th grade level writing/reading comprehension skills.

I didn't realize your reading comprehension and/or understanding of the English language was that bad. My mistake.

Let me break it down for you, genius. By saying "garza COULD start for anyone," as you did, means you think he could start at Duke, Michigan State, Kansas, etc. For anyone. I simply pointed out that is not the case. While Garza could start for some teams this year, there are many teams he would not be a starter on.

That should be obvious to anyone with 6th grade level writing/reading comprehension skills.
the post that started our argument was that we had no one but cook who could start for any one in the league, league being the big ten. there are plenty of teams in the big ten that garza or even bohannon could start for. talk about someone who lacks reading skills .

Last edited:
the post that started our argument was that we had no one but cook who could start for any one in the league, league being the big ten. there are plenty of teams in the big ten that garza or even bohannon could start for. talk about someone who lacks reading skills .
the post that started this was by outbackbowl 2017 . use your eyes stupid.

Lol, dude, seriously.

Yes, I know you responded to Outback. He was right, you are wrong.

Again, this is what you wrote:

You did not specify "garza COULD start for anyone in the B1G Ten." You simply stated he could start for anyone. Based off what you wrote, Tarzan, there isn't much that is intelligible or can be inferred beyond that.

Regardless, even if you intended to mean Garza could start for anyone in the B1G Ten (which, again, is not what the toss-off drivel you call a post said), that is still inaccurate. There are a lot of teams in the B1G Ten Garza would not be starting for as a true freshman.

We done now?

Lol, dude, seriously.

Yes, I know you responded to Outback. He was right, you are wrong.

Again, this is what you wrote:

You did not specify "garza COULD start for anyone in the B1G Ten." You simply stated he could start for anyone. Based off what you wrote, Tarzan, there isn't much that is intelligible or can be inferred beyond that.

Regardless, even if you intended to mean Garza could start for anyone in the B1G Ten (which, again, is not what the toss-off drivel you call a post said), that is still inaccurate. There are a lot of teams in the B1G Ten Garza would not be starting for as a true freshman.

We done now?
the post was in reference to outbacks post with anyone meaning the league. apparently your reading comprehension skills are very low but I had already figured that out.

the post was in reference to outbacks post with anyone meaning the league. apparently your reading comprehension skills are very low but I had already figured that out.

LOL. Which I clearly stated even if you just meant the B1G Ten, Tarzan, you are still wrong.

Yep, you are obviously the bright one here. I've met my match. :rolleyes:

Reactions: RocknRollface
thank you . I am glad you finally figured this out.

Yes, Tarzan, you're an intellectual giant. I finally figured it out, indeed. There isn't a single coach in the B1G Ten who wouldn't throw superstar diaper dandy Luka Garza into their starting lineup and intelligible English and the use of complete sentences are for the birds. Duly noted.

Yes, Tarzan, you're an intellectual giant. I finally figured it out, indeed. There isn't a single coach in the B1G Ten who wouldn't throw superstar diaper dandy Luka Garza into their starting lineup and intelligible English and the use of complete sentences are for the birds. Duly noted.
hey stupid, I did not say all the teams in the big 10, I listed the ones I thought he could start for. you don't need to get so butt hurt because you were proven wrong . lol , you are so at of your league.

hey stupid, I did not say all the teams in the big 10, I listed the ones I thought he could start for. you don't need to get so butt hurt because you were proven wrong . lol , you are so at of your league.
thanks for calling me tarzan, I like that. I think I will adopt a new nickname. lol

No problem, Tarzan, I'm happy to accommodate you with a name you see fits your cognitive abilities as much as I do.

I'm not butthurt, just fascinated how someone who has access to the Internet and who is capable of clicking or hitting the "Post Reply" button could be as astonishingly dim-witted and obtuse as you are proving to be.

hey stupid, I did not say all the teams in the big 10

giphy.gif

5de.gif
5de.gif

Lol, we're done here.

No problem, Tarzan, I'm happy to accommodate you with a name you see fits your cognitive abilities as much as I do.

I'm not butthurt, just fascinated how someone who has access to the Internet and who is capable of clicking or hitting the "Post Reply" button could be as astonishingly dim-witted and obtuse as you are proving to be.

but your the one to stupid to read the original post to figure out what we were posting about . I guess this goes back to the reading comprehension skills that you are lacking . give it up dude you are losing the war.

giphy.gif

5de.gif
5de.gif

Lol, we're done here.

1. "but your the one to stupid to read the original post to figure out what we were posting about"

Couple things: It's "you're" not "your." And it's "too stupid" not "to stupid." Just saying, if you're going to bring to question someone else's level of intelligence, you might want to know the difference between a contraction and possessive form of a pronoun and that "too" is the correct form of "to" when talking about the degree of something.

2. The original post had to do with Fran's buyout.

The post you replied to (Outback's) had to do with Iowa players not starting on other B1G Ten teams, in which you idiotically stated "garza COULD start for anyone."

Again, we're done here. At least, I am done here. Bye.

Last edited:
Reactions: RocknRollface
I was at the game. I have season tickets. There are lots of bad attendance games but Tuesday wasn’t one of them.

You ever attend any games yourself? You actually trying to say attendance at Iowa home games, overall, is pretty damn good? LOL. And you are the one trying to convince others you aren't one of the bigger homers on these boards.

I was at the game. I have season tickets. There are lots of bad attendance games but Tuesday wasn’t one of them.

Wisconsin being the opponent had a lot to do with that--big rival, Wisky brings fans.

I have come to expect crowds of only 8,000 at best for week night games usually-- unless a big-time opponent. TV factors into that to some degree. But I also think so does a degree of apathy.

Reactions: JoelBittner
As to Frans buy out now. Just read an article from today (or yesterday) that said it is about average in the B1G. One coach had like $16million, another 12 or 14, and a couple of more big ones. I do remember the Purdont coach stuff. Said he had a down year a while back, then had 3 straight NCAA years. Then another down year leading to the current stuff.

Gary Barta’s boy scout, win the right way mantra has doomed this program, and the entire athletic dept. to mediocrity.

Our finances are hog-tied thanks to Gary throwing around buyouts like skittles, and the department's reserve fund has been depleted due to the lawsuits.

He should be fired for gross incompetence.

Reactions: Burbank84
1. "but your the one to stupid to read the original post to figure out what we were posting about"

Couple things: It's "you're" not "your." And it's "too stupid" not "to stupid." Just saying, if you're going to bring to question someone else's level of intelligence, you might want to know the difference between a contraction and possessive form of a pronoun and that "too" is the correct form of "to" when talking about the degree of something.

2. The original post had to do with Fran's buyout.

The post you replied to (Outback's) had to do with Iowa players not starting on other B1G Ten teams, in which you idiotically stated "garza COULD start for anyone."

Again, we're done here. At least, I am done here. Bye.
and when i said anyone if you had half a brain you would have figured out we were talking about the big 10, what a tard. lol

and when i said anyone if you had half a brain you would have figured out we were talking about the big 10, what a tard. lol

Clearly, dipshit, you missed the point.

Despite the incoherent drivel you call posts, I gathered you meant the B1G Ten a long time ago, and stated as such (if you had 4th grade level writing and reading comprehension skills you would have been able to clearly ascertain that). The fact is there are several B1G Ten teams Luka Garza would not start on, as I clearly stated in the way of correcting the toss off idiocy you posted with "garza could start for anyone."

And then of course you backtracked from that ridiculous statement and listed two or three teams in the conference you thought Garza could start for. Again, and try to keep up here, Tarzan, none of that is germane to the actual point.

Regardless, you're a fuggin moron. Seriously, you're a waste of time. And you're now on ignore. Good bye.

Clearly, Barta figured he was not likely to fire Fran while his kids were enrolled, barring a complete disaster. This makes sense if you take the long view - the next up and coming coach with star kids will definitely value that kind of commitment. Thus, the $5 million increase in the buyout is a wash. If you don’t have a buyout guarantee, you may have to pay above market per year as salary. Why? It’s us. The fans who scream for coaches to be fired because of a down year. Our voices are amplified due to message boards such as this and social media. The loudest and most strident rise to the top.

A large buyout shuts that crowd up. Barta’s Buyout was a direct message to every one of you who wants Fran’s head to sit the f down.

The extra job security may also be why we suck this year. Fran is taking the long view - he’s playing a deep rotation to give guys minutes, to see who can do what under fire. In theory, it’s extremely frustrating to watch, but it makes sense. As much as we want grad transfers and juco’s so we can “win now”, that comes at a cost of long term program development. It’s a band aid.

Anyway, I’ve been resigned to Fran for awhile ever since Patrick got his 4th star. This is Iowa. This is how we do things. Love it or leave it.
Umm, this was negotiated prior to the free-fall. Your point is moot.

Clearly, dipshit, you missed the point.

Despite the incoherent drivel you call posts, I gathered you meant the B1G Ten a long time ago, and stated as such (if you had 4th grade level writing and reading comprehension skills you would have been able to clearly ascertain that). The fact is there are several B1G Ten teams Luka Garza would not start on, as I clearly stated in the way of correcting the toss off idiocy you posted with "garza could start for anyone."

And then of course you backtracked from that ridiculous statement and listed two or three teams in the conference you thought Garza could start for. Again, and try to keep up here, Tarzan, none of that is germane to the actual point.

Regardless, you're a fuggin moron. Seriously, you're a waste of time. And you're now on ignore. Good bye.
talk about an idiot . never backtracked at all ,anyone meant the big 10 but in your haste to be debby downer which you normally are you thought i meant any team period. did you graduate high school ? dont lie i can tell you did not. talk about a moron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT