ADVERTISEMENT

Will Iowa get past ISU this year?

Newsflash: You forfeited.

You and the other 173 teams or whatever it is in your watered down conference where you rarely/never play the premier team.
If it is a real newsflash there would be a document that says so.

Link or is this just another clown fan delusion?

Good luck cy got railed again.

Horrible AD? You'd trade him for yours in a second.

The growth of the football program is un-parralled anywhere in the country, granted we were very down to begin with--but that makes the growth all that more impressive.

The vision he has to continue to develop around the athletic complex is very impressive, hopefully it continues post COVID when dollars will be more difficult to harness. Hawk fans are not pleased at all with his vision.

The pre-game tailgating atmosphere is second to none (why do you think half of Hawkeye nation comes over just to tailgate?).

Very few coaches these days stay long term. From where we started, we weren't going to bring in the Porsche's of coaches. Now we're set up that if Matt leaves, it's a very good job...and hiring a quality replacement will be doable.

BS on Hoiberg/Moser, you have no clue on that, so don't make it up.

Would not trade Barta for Pollard if you threw Randy P in for good measure.

This. Barta has class, way more class that Pollard will ever have. Pollard is the guy you see at his kids' little league game yelling at the coaches and umpires. No class,

Actually the guy who got booted from his kid's basketball game. Cyclone classy

Newsflash: You forfeited.

You and the other 173 teams or whatever it is in your watered down conference where you rarely/never play the premier team.
Newsflash - you're delusional.

Iowa has 5 in a row over IA State. Soon to be 6.

Your crappy AD making up shit like this won't do a thing for your team on 9/11.

I was at the last game where Iowa State won in Ames against the Hawks and they did a huge field rush. I expect the same again this fall if they win. Ya know it's just another game they say and not that big a deal and Iowa just treats it like its a Super Bowl. But yeah there they will all be on the field jumping around if they win, many did the same 10 years ago.

Jamie might need a moment alone if the Clones win.

Reactions: HerkyFan
I was at the last game where Iowa State won in Ames against the Hawks and they did a huge field rush. I expect the same again this fall if they win. Ya know it's just another game they say and not that big a deal and Iowa just treats it like its a Super Bowl. But yeah there they will all be on the field jumping around if they win, many did the same 10 years ago.

Phil Parker will make sure this doesn't happen.

Reactions: hawkfeever

Yet Hawkeye nation comes to Ames in full force that weekend just to say they were within 100 yards of the stadium.

I get it. I saw Olivia Newton John in her prime in Hilton in about 1984, and it was pretty damn cool to be about 40 yards away from a goddess like her.

So, I understand the fascination. It's o.k. to think we're cool.

Yet Hawkeye nation comes to Ames in full force that weekend just to say they were within 100 yards of the stadium.

I get it. I saw Olivia Newton John in her prime in Hilton in about 1984, and it was pretty damn cool to be about 40 yards away from a goddess like her.

Still looking for a link where it says Iowa forfeited. Do I need to link for you the dictionary meaning of the word?

That isu degree you have appears to be getting in the way of your ability to “comprehend” it .

We want more. We want more. We want more and cy got railed will give it to us.

In state game tool. You all pretend it is not the game of the year for you all and then you field rush in the very odd year that you win it at home. And you claim victories of non-games. Who does that? Losers do for sure. Ones that have not won in so long.

I was wondering of I had ever seen anything like it. Opposing teams fans going somewhere just to tailgate........it must be pretty unique if you keep mentioning it..........

Hold up, this is a 60 year old man saying this sh**?

Look...we get it. Iowa fans feel threatened. Not surprising, really...though a little sad to watch it manifested throughout this thread. One program, ISU, is ascendant after long years of bad football. Another program, in decline after...likewise...many years of a strong football program. The lines of ascent and decline are intersecting now and Iowa fans can feel it...so they are acting out. Herky fan embodies that fear. Its understandable he would cling to citing the days when Iowa was ascendant and ISU a laughing stock...and he's not wrong. That was certainly the case. This is made all the more poignant as the ascendant ISU moves parallel to Iowa on its rise to being the leading football program in the region...and to an extent NU, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri and Northwestern fans are feeling that same angst (albeit to a lesser extent).

The problem is...fear makes you irrational and desperate sounding Herky....you protesteth too much, as they say. But no worries...after a few decades of ISU as top dog the tides of time will likely swing back in your direction...nor is it likely Iowa falls to the level ISU endured through most of our football history. But make no mistake, ISU is the rising power...and that rise is at its beginning and you feel threatened with good reason.

Look...we get it. Iowa fans feel threatened. Not surprising, really...though a little sad to watch it manifested throughout this thread. One program, ISU, is ascendant after long years of bad football. Another program, in decline after...likewise...many years of a strong football program. The lines of ascent and decline are intersecting now and Iowa fans can feel it...so they are acting out. Herky fan embodies that fear. Its understandable he would cling to citing the days when Iowa was ascendant and ISU a laughing stock...and he's not wrong. That was certainly the case. This is made all the more poignant as the ascendant ISU moves parallel to Iowa on its rise to being the leading football program in the region...and to an extent NU, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri and Northwestern fans are feeling that same angst (albeit to a lesser extent).

The problem is...fear makes you irrational and desperate sounding Herky....you protesteth too much, as they say. But no worries...after a few decades of ISU as top dog the tides of time will likely swing back in your direction...nor is it likely Iowa falls to the level ISU endured through most of our football history. But make no mistake, ISU is the rising power...and that rise is at its beginning and you feel threatened with good reason.
Iowa is in decline? ISU is in ascent?

Reactions: not_mantiteo

Yep Hawks fans are terrified of a coach with ZERO NCAA TOURNAMENT wins.

Is it 2021 or 2001? Been hearing the same from clown fans to 20 years and yet nothing has changed .

Reactions: mikesright
Your 11 page hysterical freakout argues otherwise.
Nope.

The same thing clown fans were saying in 2001 is what you are saying now. isu was taking over with their 9 win season and Mac at the helm. Golden age of isu Athletics was what clown fans and isu admins kept touting. Fast forward 20 years and isu has done exactly what their history says they will do. They will break through for a couple of nice years here and there and then inevitably fall back to losing seasons.

The financial gap has widened between Iowa and isu. The facilities gap has widened between Iowa and isu. The gap in head to head wins has widened between Iowa and isu.

Looks to me the only thing isu has over Iowa consistently is Women’s Volleyball and Cross-Country. I give you my very best golf clap.

Nope.

The same thing clown fans were sayin in 2001 is what you are saying now. isu was taking over with their 9 win season and Mac at the helm. Golden age of isu Athletics was what clown fans and isu admins kept touting. Fast forward 20 years and isu has done exactly what their history says they will do. They will break through for a couple of nice years here and there and then inevitably fall back to losing seasons.

The financial gap has widened between Iowa and isu. The facilities gap has widened between Iowa and isu. The gap in head to head wins has widened between Iowa and isu.

Looks to me the only thing isu has over Iowa consistently is Women’s Volleyball and Cross-Country. I give you my very best golf clap.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Iowa...for example...has more revenue advantage over Clemson than ISU (see ACC football revenues...less than the Big 12). Money is part of the equation...but only part. As for facilites...you're just wrong there...but that's an endless tedious argument so believe as you will.

As I said, your intensity and drama...smells of fear. Can't say I blame ya.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Iowa...for example...has more revenue advantage over Clemson than ISU (see ACC football revenues...less than the Big 12). Money is part of the equation...but only part. As for facilites...you're just wrong there...but that's an endless tedious argument so believe as you will.

It isn’t about me sleeping at night is it cold hard facts. What does isu really have over Iowa right now that truly says isu has caught Iowa and will now consistently be better than Iowa in any sports except Women’s Volleyball and Cross-Country?

Yet YOU feel the need to come to an Iowa fan site to tell us this. Yup, we're the obsessed ones.

😂

Why can't you beat Iowa???????

We been whipping ass for years now, but yah man we SKARED!!!!!

What's your username(s) over on CF so I can go give a looky come September after the game?

Yet YOU feel the need to come to an Iowa fan site to tell us this. Yup, we're the obsessed ones.

😂

I always love when a fan of another school comes over and post multiple times in a thread calling out Iowa fans for being obsessed with their school. Yet here is a case of someone posting multiple times in April about football. Pot meet Kettle....

Reactions: HerkyFan
I always love when a fan of another school comes over and post multiple times in a thread calling out Iowa fans for being obsessed with their school. Yet here is a case of someone posting multiple times in April about football. Pot meet Kettle....

They can't help themselves.

😂
Actually, I come here for three reasons. I'm an alum. I'm a fan of Iowa athletics...second only to my Cyclones. Finally, reading the rantings of a few of your drama queens here is simply...VERY...entertaining.

Straw man. I didn't call anyone obsessed. Just afraid.

Straw man. I didn't call anyone obsessed. Just afraid.

Yes we are so afraid because a clown fan has self proclaimed that our program is "in decline". Even though we are on a 6 game winning streak heading into next season....

Yes we are so afraid because a clown fan has self proclaimed that our program is "in decline". Even though we are on a 6 game winning streak heading into next season....
Well...yes. Some of you, anyway. I imagine some are less prone to "freak out" mode.

Well...yes. Some of you, anyway. I imagine some are less prone to "freak out" mode.

I thought it was a five game winning streak. Could be wrong though. I like Iowa's chances but all streaks come to an end. After many years one day Lou Gehrig didn't play in a baseball game.

It should be a fun and exciting game to watch. Hopefully fans on both sides show sportsmanship after the game, even if it gets heated at times.

Reactions: Yellow Snow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT