ADVERTISEMENT

Winder, GA - haven't had a school shooting thread in a while

Candidly, I think you're wildly oversimplifying things. When it comes to mass shootings like this, you are generally talking about people who are legitimately "bad" or "crazy", and handling a weapon in ways that no one would assert are legal. While there are indeed many in the pro-gun camp who do like the 'tough' feel associated with a gun and shooting something, honestly, the marketing underlying that is really no different than the marketing associated with buying an SUV, and an infinitesimally small number of the people who respond to it actually raise said gun against other human being. (And while not nearly morally equivalent, I'd bet a substantially higher percentage of SUV owners handle their vehicles aggressively vis a vis other drivers.)

Freedum? Sure. For better or worse, it's in our society's founding documents. And for that reason, probably more worthwhile to focus on the hard work of generating the consensus to change those founding documents via the pathways provided. Because short of that, you're probably left with the comparatively easier path of dealing with the bad or crazy people. And of course, if you do take the hard path, you probably still have to deal with the bad/crazy people anyway.
Of course, it is not a problem if the kids involved are not yours….there is a problem here with GUNS. But as long as “we the people” have THOUGHTS and PRAYERS, we will be just fine. I wonder which God caused this shooting? Might God be pissed that FSU is 0-2?

yes. 100%. I don't think the founders wanted us to go lightly when it comes to protecting ourselves. keep in mind it was protection from tyrannical governments.
Here's a big part of the issue. Too many believing that weapons, any sort of weapons, are the answer to a tyrannical government. They are too ignorant to realize the tyranny comes from their brethren.

Reactions: Urohawk
You prefer he lives?
I prefer this shit doesn’t happen……4 for 1 is hardly an even Steven trade…….but we gots to have our guns! And everyone has to have access to them….otherwise we can’t kill kids at school….Equal opportunity…..

Excuse me if I seem frustrated…..BUT there is NO reason on God’s green earth that weapons like this should even be available to non-military/non-LEO personnel…..that is a starting point.

I prefer this shit doesn’t happen……4 for 1 is hardly an even Steven trade…….but we gots to have our guns! And everyone has to have access to them….otherwise we can’t kill kids at school….Equal opportunity…..

Excuse me if I seem frustrated…..BUT there is NO reason on God’s green earth that weapons like this should even be available to non-military/non-LEO personnel…..that is a starting point.
You didn’t answer my question.

Here's a big part of the issue. Too many believing that weapons, any sort of weapons, are the answer to a tyrannical government. They are too ignorant to realize the tyranny comes from their brethren.
You mean brethren like Harris/Walz and their ilk who subscribe to a more Marxist type of society?

You're insane if you believe your last paragraph

Of course, it is not a problem if the kids involved are not yours….there is a problem here with GUNS. But as long as “we the people” have THOUGHTS and PRAYERS, we will be just fine. I wonder which God caused this shooting? Might God be pissed that FSU is 0-2?
I would imagine that god is pleased that fsu is 0-2, if he cares about that sort of thing. I’ll always offer t/p privately, but I’m really not a god burned my house down kind of guy.

Georgia will kill him soon after his 18th birthday…and everything will be alright….right?
Is it legal for a 14 year old to buy or own a gun of any kind, anywhere in the United States?

What we need are stricter laws that people will just ignore anyway.

So the kid was questioned by the FBI last year about threats online to shoot up a school.

Wow
How does this process work and not find him to be a threat? As far as I’m concerned if you’re a student and it gets as far as being questioned by the feds, you don’t need to be returning to a gen pop school.

Reactions: McLovin32
How does this process work and not find him to be a threat? As far as I’m concerned if you’re a student and it gets as far as being questioned by the feds, you don’t need to be returning to a gen pop school.
Doesn’t really matter if he was a student at the school or not, the outcome would still be the same.

Is it legal for a 14 year old to buy or own a gun of any kind, anywhere in the United States?

What we need are stricter laws that people will just ignore anyway.
There is no law, that I know of, preventing a parent from buying a gun for their 14 year old child. There is no law, that I know of, that mandates a parent keep their guns locked up and unavailable to their 14 year old child.

Reactions: 3boysmom
There is no law, that I know of, preventing a parent from buying a gun for their 14 year old child. There is no law, that I know of, that mandates a parent keep their guns locked up and unavailable to their 14 year old child.
If there were laws for that, you think it prevents this from happening? Anytime a shooting happens the killer violates a ton of laws on the books.

Reactions: EagleHawk
If there were laws for that, you think it prevents this from happening? Anytime a shooting happens the killer violates a ton of laws on the books.
I think it would make it harder which could end up preventing such a tragedy. There is no foolproof solution. Steps can be taken to make these things less likely and to punish those who make it so easy.

The logic that says a measure won't completely rid a problem from happening so it shouldn't be adopted is lazy and shortsighted.

I think it would make it harder which could end up preventing such a tragedy. There is no foolproof solution. Steps can be taken to make these things less likely and to punish those who make it so easy.

The logic that says a measure won't completely rid a problem from happening so it shouldn't be adopted is lazy and shortsighted.
This incident ia going to happen in 10 different cities this weekend and you won't say a word about those parents going to jail.

There is a kid in Oklahoma who should be able to sue the balls off some news organizations foe them using his image with this. ( same name)

How anyone could claim these 3 letter agencies are not completely worthless at this poi t is beyond me.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
My comment is not isolated to this incident. It is merely the one being discussed.
Then you need to think about the impact to the community that has the highest rate of firearm shootings as well as the highest rate of single parents and think long term about what you are proposing would do to that community.

Then you need to think about the impact to the community that has the highest rate of firearm shootings as well as the highest rate of single parents and think long term about what you are proposing would do to that community.
I have and there is no doubt in my mind it would help them become safer communities.

The cities in the U.S. with the highest per capita gun deaths are typically smaller and mid-sized cities with significant crime and poverty issues. Based on recent data, some of the cities with the highest per capita gun-related deaths include:

1. St. Louis, Missouri:​

• St. Louis consistently ranks among the highest in terms of gun-related deaths per capita, with an especially high homicide rate. In recent years, St. Louis has reported over 60 homicides per 100,000 residents, with gun violence contributing heavily to the overall death toll.

2. Baltimore, Maryland:​

• Baltimore has long struggled with high levels of gun violence, particularly in disadvantaged neighborhoods. In 2022, Baltimore's homicide rate was around 57 per 100,000, with the vast majority involving firearms.

3. New Orleans, Louisiana:​

• New Orleans has experienced a high rate of gun violence for many years. In recent data, the city’s homicide rate exceeded 40 per 100,000 residents, with many of these deaths resulting from gunfire.

4. Birmingham, Alabama:​

• Birmingham has a gun death rate of over 40 per 100,000 residents. Much of the violence is tied to gang activity and socio-economic challenges within the city.

5. Jackson, Mississippi:​

• Jackson saw a surge in gun deaths in recent years, with firearm-related homicides pushing its homicide rate to over 60 per 100,000 residents in 2021.

6. Memphis, Tennessee:​

• Memphis has one of the highest per capita gun death rates in the U.S., driven by gang violence, poverty, and other social challenges. The city’s homicide rate is among the highest, with a substantial portion involving firearms.

7. Detroit, Michigan:​

• Detroit has historically had high rates of gun violence. While the city's crime rates have fluctuated over the years, gun-related deaths remain a significant issue, contributing to Detroit's high homicide rate of over 40 per 100,000 people in some recent years.

Context:​

• The high rates of gun deaths in these cities are often linked to systemic issues such as poverty, lack of access to education, and concentrated areas of disadvantage. Much of the violence occurs in specific neighborhoods rather than being evenly distributed across the cities.
  • Larger cities like Chicago and Philadelphia also report high absolute numbers of gun deaths but often have lower rates per capita compared to the cities listed above.

Yeah Ragner! Toe the Republican line!
97 got his panties in a wad the other day when I reminded him this place is a liberal circle jerk and people like Torbee and Ragnarfencesitter both said they were Republicans. Many laughs ensued.

I have and there is no doubt in my mind it would help them become safer communities.

The cities in the U.S. with the highest per capita gun deaths are typically smaller and mid-sized cities with significant crime and poverty issues. Based on recent data, some of the cities with the highest per capita gun-related deaths include:

1. St. Louis, Missouri:​

• St. Louis consistently ranks among the highest in terms of gun-related deaths per capita, with an especially high homicide rate. In recent years, St. Louis has reported over 60 homicides per 100,000 residents, with gun violence contributing heavily to the overall death toll.

2. Baltimore, Maryland:​

• Baltimore has long struggled with high levels of gun violence, particularly in disadvantaged neighborhoods. In 2022, Baltimore's homicide rate was around 57 per 100,000, with the vast majority involving firearms.

3. New Orleans, Louisiana:​

• New Orleans has experienced a high rate of gun violence for many years. In recent data, the city’s homicide rate exceeded 40 per 100,000 residents, with many of these deaths resulting from gunfire.

4. Birmingham, Alabama:​

• Birmingham has a gun death rate of over 40 per 100,000 residents. Much of the violence is tied to gang activity and socio-economic challenges within the city.

5. Jackson, Mississippi:​

• Jackson saw a surge in gun deaths in recent years, with firearm-related homicides pushing its homicide rate to over 60 per 100,000 residents in 2021.

6. Memphis, Tennessee:​

• Memphis has one of the highest per capita gun death rates in the U.S., driven by gang violence, poverty, and other social challenges. The city’s homicide rate is among the highest, with a substantial portion involving firearms.

7. Detroit, Michigan:​

• Detroit has historically had high rates of gun violence. While the city's crime rates have fluctuated over the years, gun-related deaths remain a significant issue, contributing to Detroit's high homicide rate of over 40 per 100,000 people in some recent years.

Context:​

• The high rates of gun deaths in these cities are often linked to systemic issues such as poverty, lack of access to education, and concentrated areas of disadvantage. Much of the violence occurs in specific neighborhoods rather than being evenly distributed across the cities.
  • Larger cities like Chicago and Philadelphia also report high absolute numbers of gun deaths but often have lower rates per capita compared to the cities listed above.
You think more young people growing up in the system because their one parent that was around now catches time for the 17 year old doing dumb shit Is going to help.

Have a good day Radio.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT