ADVERTISEMENT

Wittlake flips to OSU

Bummer as I really liked his style, but he will fit in well with the Cowboys. Glanced at twitter last night and saw no PSU on his site and thought it strange.

Like someone said, we are pushing hard for Brooks

Maybe Brooks gets more outside financial aid and so is cheaper. Plus, Brooks is a heck of a prospect. Must be nice to over recruit number 1 guy in your weight class.

Carl overpromising? Hoping that other schools have no money left by the time kid wants to leave.

Reactions: FD_HWC
Maybe Brooks gets more outside financial aid and so is cheaper. Plus, Brooks is a heck of a prospect. Must be nice to over recruit number 1 guy in your weight class.
Sometimes location helps a lot - Brooks is figuratively just down the road and his dad is a Pa boy.

Wittlake is pretty much a cowboy - now he formalized it. I’m bummed, but it seems like a great fit for him.

I’m assuming Zeke is pushing very hard for RBY to stay home.

Sometimes location helps a lot - Brooks is figuratively just down the road and his dad is a Pa boy.

Wittlake is pretty much a cowboy - now he formalized it. I’m bummed, but it seems like a great fit for him.

I’m assuming Zeke is pushing very hard for RBY to stay home.
Oregon to PA is a hard pull for five years. I'm glad he recognized that now rather than committing both himself and the school to wasted time and effort.

RBY’s twitter turned neutral sometime last night. My twitter spider sense is tingling. Not so much for you guys, but not good for my guys.

@IAChief - have you heard anything on your Az boy?

Nope...far as I know, looking forward to PSU.

Whatever cash TnT have left I hope they throw it all to RBY! Would be a huge HUGE get. Line up would be set for years to come.

Also hope Tom & M* are on a plane to Arizona this morning. Terry can run practice today;)

Last edited:
So is Wittlake going to enroll into Stillwater High? I was just literally looking at the OkSt roster yesterday and was a bit shocked how many kids move to Stilly high and under Chesbro for their SR yr. Pretty much any NW coast kid. That seems to be their thing to combat money issues. Iowa seems to have IC West/ Reiland but its not even close to the number of what's going on at Stilly.

Reactions: PapaBearSLIM
Don't all Okie St athletes get charged in-state tuition regardless?
May not be just about tuition. Get to town a year early to begin your training. See what PSU has started to do without the benefit of a College Station High School. I doubt the Lee brothers will be the last to spend their senior year of high school on or near a college campus. Add a grey shirt then a red shirt and you could squeeze 3 years of college training in before using 1 of your 4 years to compete for the team. The game is changing gentleman.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
That could be idk. Just remember seeing their numbers and thinking whoa that's cheap.
I remember looking into the OK schools when my son was looking at colleges. IIRC all you need is a better than a "B" average and the state of Oklahoma allows you to have in state tuition. A pretty sweet deal and definitely a recruiting advantage.

Reactions: crablegs1
Interpret it how you will, but here are the actual State of Oklahoma requirements:

RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
Resident status for the purposes of calculating tuition is complex. Institutions in the Oklahoma State System of Higher Education are responsible for determining resident status based upon Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education policy, interviews and documentation provided.

A resident of Oklahoma is someone who has lived in the state continuously for at least 12 months and whose domicile is in Oklahoma. It is the place where he or she intends to remain.

Domicile has two components – residence and intention to remain. Attendance at an educational institution is interpreted as temporary residence. Therefore, a student neither gains nor loses residence status solely by such attendance. A nonresident student attending an Oklahoma college or university on more than a half-time basis is presumed to be in the state primarily for educational purposes.

The burden of proof of establishing Oklahoma residence or domicile, including providing any supporting documentation, shall be upon the applicant. Since residence or domicile is a matter of intent, each case will be judged on its own merit by the appropriate institutional official(s) consistent with this policy.

Students attending an Oklahoma college or university may perform objective acts, some of which are required by law (i.e. payment of taxes), and all of which are customarily done by some nonresidents who do not intend to remain in Oklahoma after graduation, but are situationally necessary and/or convenient (i.e. registering to vote, obtaining a driver's license). Such acts and/or declarations alone are not sufficient evidence of intent to remain in Oklahoma beyond the college experience.

For more information about residency, contact the State System institution you are attending or wish to attend.

Guess young Wittlake just reached geography in his curriculum at school and was like “Oh shit”, PA is THAT far away? I know he was looking forward to his visit to PSU a few weeks ago. Perhaps the jet lag got to him.

This^^. Don't know why Wittlake flipped to OSU (could be any number of reasons), but it's a pretty safe bet that distance from home wasn't a big factor.

Reactions: el dub
This^^. Don't know why Wittlake flipped to OSU (could be any number of reasons), but it's a pretty safe bet that distance from home wasn't a big factor.

don't know the reason either

PSU had both Wittlake and Beard coming in, was Cael going after Brooks as well? Would be interested to know what changed Wittlake's mind. Nice pickup for Okla St.

don't know the reason either

PSU had both Wittlake and Beard coming in, was Cael going after Brooks as well? Would be interested to know what changed Wittlake's mind. Nice pickup for Okla St.
I think they (we) are going really hard after AB. He’s visited quite a few times and hung out at the Michigan football game that was pretty nuts with RBY and Kurt McHenry. I’m not sure he’ll decide anything until after his RTC year, but I think he’s by far their top target.

As for McHenry, I think he goes elsewhere, but that kid is a freak. So incredibly fast. If he fills out, he is going to be an unreal 125, though I still give Spencer the edge because Spencer is like a mini Logan Stieber - he’s going to brutalize that weight class.

Reactions: el dub
I think they (we) are going really hard after AB. He’s visited quite a few times and hung out at the Michigan football game that was pretty nuts with RBY and Kurt McHenry. I’m not sure he’ll decide anything until after his RTC year, but I think he’s by far their top target.

As for McHenry, I think he goes elsewhere, but that kid is a freak. So incredibly fast. If he fills out, he is going to be an unreal 125, though I still give Spencer the edge because Spencer is like a mini Logan Stieber - he’s going to brutalize that weight class.

Where do you see McHenry going?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT