ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Oregon State Predictions 11/19/2023

I predict that Gabe Arnold goes for the Hawkeyes at 174 against Wittlake as the first real test to determine whether or not Gabe redshirts. I think Gabe passes the test and beats Wittlake in a close match 4-2. Go Hawks!
At first glance I was thinking damn that’s a bold prediction . Not so much him getting the nod to start but the 4-2 final win. Kind of early to beat a guy that’s a legit AA threat.

Then there’s that first match jitters at carver thing …

At second glance looks like Wittlake has some curious wins on the season, 2-0 and 2-1 scores . The one guy I had to look up who he was from Utah valley was listed in at 165 on their website . Something here seems off.

Anyway above my expertise to predict this one but I hope your right would love to see Gabe go.

I predict that Gabe Arnold goes for the Hawkeyes at 174 against Wittlake as the first real test to determine whether or not Gabe redshirts. I think Gabe passes the test and beats Wittlake in a close match 4-2. Go Hawks!

At first glance I was thinking damn that’s a bold prediction . Not so much him getting the nod to start but the 4-2 final win. Kind of early to beat a guy that’s a legit AA threat.

Then there’s that first match jitters at carver thing …

At second glance looks like Wittlake has some curious wins on the season, 2-0 and 2-1 scores . The one guy I had to look up who he was from Utah valley was listed in at 165 on their website . Something here seems off.

Anyway above my expertise to predict this one but I hope your right would love to see Gabe go.
Hopefully he gets the nod. I really liked what I saw from Gabe at Luther. He’s high energy and fun to watch. I love his high attack rate and he’s got great transitions with his leg attacks. Why not throw him into the big boy pool and see if he swims? Get Carver fired up!

Can't, I'm too busy living in your head. Rent free.
you are going to an opposing teams wrestling forum just to be a troll.... the only place you live is in your moms basement. We are all embarrassed for you.

video games bathroom GIF by South Park

Hope Im wrong but Hill did not look the part of beating very many Div I heavies after Luther. Hawks could be in trouble if the meet comes down to heavies Sunday.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Oregon States Lineup (using Flo rankings)
125 - Brandon Kaylor #26, Former AA that has had a rough start to the season
133- Gabe Whisenhunt #23, Has an early season win over Sam Latona 10-9
141- Cleveland Belton #24, NQ going 0-2 last year
149- Noah Tolentine NR, redshirt freshman whose best career win is Dayne Morton up to this point
157- Murphy Menke NR, redshirt freshman
165- Matthew Olguin #9, Caliendo won 9-8 at NCAA's last year
174- Travis Wittlake #9, moving down to 174 from 184 last year, former AA at 165 (4th in 2021)
184- Trey Munoz #3, AA last year taking 6th (had to mff out after semi-final match with Keckeisen)
197- Justin Rademacher NR, true freshman who is 6-1 on the year and best win over NQ Austin Cooley
285- Boone McDermott #18, NQ last year going 0-2 at NCAA's. 7-1 on the season and 7 out of 8 matches has ended in a fall.

Last edited:
149- Noah Tolentine NR, redshirt freshman whose best career win is Dayne Morton up to this point
174- Travis Wittlake #9, moving down to 174 from 184 last year, former AA at 165 (4th in 2021)
184- Trey Munoz #3, AA last year taking 6th (had to mff out after semi-final match with Keckeisen)
197- Justin Rademacher NR, true freshman who is 6-1 on the year and best win over NQ Austin Cooley
285- Boone McDermott #18, NQ last year going 0-2 at NCAA's. 7-1 on the season and every match has ended in a fall.
Dude! Thanks for posting that! I was gonna make a preview video for the page and this saves me a ton of time!

Hope Im wrong but Hill did not look the part of beating very many Div I heavies after Luther. Hawks could be in trouble if the meet comes down to heavies Sunday.

I think one can say Hill is coming along. It isn't like anyone should have thought he'd be AA ready this year.

His loss at Luther was to one of the best D3 heavies, a 3 time AA from Augsburg. Not really reason to sound an alarm, IMHO. Would call Hill middle of the pack at the D1 level at this point.

BTW, I'm really interested to see how our backups at 74-HWT do against Or State's guys...

You can't refer to them as backups anymore.

I think one can say Hill is coming along. It isn't like anyone should have thought he'd be AA ready this year.

His loss at Luther was to one of the best D3 heavies, a 3 time AA from Augsburg. Not really reason to sound an alarm, IMHO. Would call Hill middle of the pack at the D1 level at this point.

Hopefully some of the success Hill has had in freestyle translates to folkstyle. This summer he beat Nathan Taylor (NQ for Lehigh, beat Owen Trephan last weekend) and Harley Andrews (Nebraska's starting HWT).

Reactions: HawkeyePA

Roger that. I'm curious to see who were sending out on the mat this weekend...and which ones will be there in the end...

285- Boone McDermott #18, NQ last year going 0-2 at NCAA's. 7-1 on the season and 7 out of 8 matches has ended in a fall.
Completely uninformed wag

125 Hopefully a major 4-0
133 If Teske can't go hopefully lose by decision 4-3
141 Tech Fall 9-3
149 Hopefully decision 12-3
157 Major 15-3
165 Major 18-3
174 possibly the marquee matchup Gabe by 21-3
184 good check on what we have with Swafford my guess is lose by major 21-7
197 seems like a toss up to me lose by decision 21-10
285 Lose by a fall 21-15

I tend to lean slightly to the optimistic side when it comes to the Hawks, but I don’t share your optimism on Hill. Not being able to get out from under a D-3 Heavy does not bode well for D-1 success. He’s not currently ranked in the top 30, so I wouldn’t put him middle of the pack. McDermott is middle of the pack (ranked #18). He’s got size and he’s a pinner. I hope Oregon St isn’t within 6 when we get to the heavies.

Reactions: el dub
I think labeling the heavy from Augsburg as "D3" as an indicator of talent is unfair. While yes in fact he is in D3, he without question has some skills and would pretty likely be in the top 15ish "D1" heavies.

Reactions: PinDoxRico
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT