ADVERTISEMENT

wr recruiting

davenporter

HR MVP
Jul 13, 2006
I don't think this coaching staff is going to be able to ever get any great receivers. I have been going to games for 30 years and a die hard Hawkeye fan. Right now, if i was a top high school player, i would want to play for Iowa if I played QB, RB, OL, TE, and any defensive positions(mainly safety because i am a white kid from iowa). But even as a die hard fan, if i was a wr recruit, i would not even have Iowa in my top five. We rarely throw the ball downfield. Running 3 or 4 yard outs is not appealing to me yet alone recruits who dream of playing in the NFL. In watching other college games on Saturday I could think of at least 10 other schools i would rather play for as a wr. Would any of the rest of you, if you were a top wr recruit, choose Iowa with this offense?

We have enough recruiting challenges just by being in a small, cold weather state with two power 5 schools. On top of that, I don't see how any big time wr recruit could watch our offense and say, "Yeah, that's where I want to play!".

I remember one of the recruiting coordinators saying you have to recruit based on how your team is built, 2which is why Iowa always takes more OL and DL. When you only take on average two WR recruits a year and MISS on this recruits it catches up to you real fast

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT