ADVERTISEMENT

WW3 is imminent

I think most folks in North Korea have a relative that died under US bombs. Which probably helps with generating fear.

Air Force general Curtis LeMay, head of the strategic air command during the Korean War, estimated that the American campaign killed 20 per cent of the population. “We went over there and fought the war and eventually burned down every town in North Korea,” he said.
That seems like a totally rational thing to do. Especially for a country considered a beacon of freedom and humanity around the world. Remind me again when NK attacked us?

USA! USA! USA!

Reactions: GOHOX69
July 5th, 1950. Task Force Smith.
They never attacked the US. The American soldiers were caught up in battle - in a foreign country they had no business being in - because there was never any declaration of war.

And even if Congress had done their job and actually declared war? It would have been an act of sheer stupidity (though technically a constitutionally valid act of stupidity).

When will we ever learn? 🤷‍♂️

The difference is that the Chicoms prevented the defeat of Kim.

Maybe you didn’t notice what I was responding to?

A lot of this is probably so he can look like a strongman to the Russians. Kind of like what Kim Jong Un does in North Korea. He threatens the US with war on like a monthly basis. His daddy did the same thing.

I was pointing out its easy for the Norks to generate fear of the U.S. in their populace because basically all of them have a family member killed by the U.S. in that war.

If everyone in the US had lost a family member to Muslim terrorists, how much easier would it be for the government to gin up fear around that threat?
Now do Vietnam. And then consider what censorship, autocracy, brainwashing, and propoganda does to an undereducated and undernourished populace.

Now do Vietnam. And then consider what censorship, autocracy, brainwashing, and propoganda does to an undereducated and undernourished populace.
All additive, but I'd say they pale in comparison to learning at daddy's knee that the Americans killed both grandpas and several great uncles.

GOHOX69 probably isn't guilty of being undereducated or undernourished, but we all get to see the prejudice he has ingrained toward Pakistanis. Is it brainwashing from his family? I doubt we can blame censorship. But imagine how much stronger those feelings would be if he felt they had killed members of his family.

It's easier to stir resentment and fear towards Americans in a that group was my point.

They never attacked the US. The American soldiers were caught up in battle - in a foreign country they had no business being in - because there was never any declaration of war.

And even if Congress had done their job and actually declared war? It would have been an act of sheer stupidity (though technically a constitutionally valid act of stupidity).

When will we ever learn? 🤷‍♂️
Well, doesn't the US have treaty obligations for the defense of South Korea?

Signed three years after the war started.
And 5 years after the UN recognized the Republic of Korea as a sovereign and asked occupying powers to leave.
The US did leave, the Soviet backed despotism in Best Korea invaded.
UN authorized members to intervene to defend South Korea.
US had signed and ratified UN charter back in 1945, which forbade the type of aggressive war the Norks embarked upon.

The otters say nothing to see here.

Just curious, are any of these things working out as hoped?🤣

The objectives of the UN Charter are clear. ❌

It seeks to prevent future wars. ❌

It seeks to settle international disputes by peaceful means, in conformity with the principles of justice. ❌

It seeks to promote worldwide progress and better standards of living. ❌

It seeks to achieve universal respect for, and observance of, human rights and fundamental freedoms for all men and women--without distinction as to race, language, or religion. ❌

It seeks to remove the economic and social causes of international conflict and unrest. ❌

It is the product of many hands and many influences. It comes from the reality of experience in a world where one generation has failed twice to keep the peace. The lessons of that experience have been written into this document.❌

Just curious, are any of these things working out as hoped?🤣

The objectives of the UN Charter are clear. ❌

It seeks to prevent future wars. ❌

It seeks to settle international disputes by peaceful means, in conformity with the principles of justice. ❌

It seeks to promote worldwide progress and better standards of living. ❌

It seeks to achieve universal respect for, and observance of, human rights and fundamental freedoms for all men and women--without distinction as to race, language, or religion. ❌

It seeks to remove the economic and social causes of international conflict and unrest. ❌

It is the product of many hands and many influences. It comes from the reality of experience in a world where one generation has failed twice to keep the peace. The lessons of that experience have been written into this document.❌
You can't prove a negative. Would there have been more or worse problems without the UN? I'd argue things would be worse.

• Haha
Reactions: MichaelKeller99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT