ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster

This dude has pounded his chest repeatedly that the Murray twins were being "looked at" by Auburn. Offer extended? No. Official visit? No. Just sniffing around though because Bruce Pearl was probably trying to do their Dad a favor.

Follows this up by completely discounting the fact that Dudley received scholarship offers from Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Marquette, Iowa State, etc...Were they commitable at the time he chose Iowa State? Reports are probably not. Who cares. Those schools priorities changed as they began to fill their class.

Lmfao. Pounded my chest? Try some context CyTwins.

The difference is I'm providing information on an Iowa board. You're simply a troll.

Interesting. 247 says no FL offer, but they do list OK State (not OH State) as does Rivals. The link was for a supposed OH State offer.

Florida got a much higher rated SF this month. The Blackwell offer was likely non-committable.

Oskaloosa Hawk - You hearing anything around town, maybe from mutual acquaintances, you can share?

Anything I share would be pure speculation. I don't know that anyone really knows. All I know is that Xavier, who by the way is one of the nicest kids you'll ever find, has grown up a Hawk fan with many Hawkeye connections. The ONE thing he has tying himself to Iowa St. is his girlfriend. I'm sure that's probably the struggle he's going through and why he hasn't made up his mind yet. I think we all just need to hope that his life-long love of the Hawkeyes wins out.

Anything I share would be pure speculation. I don't know that anyone really knows. All I know is that Xavier, who by the way is one of the nicest kids you'll ever find, has grown up a Hawk fan with many Hawkeye connections. The ONE thing he has tying himself to Iowa St. is his girlfriend. I'm sure that's probably the struggle he's going through and why he hasn't made up his mind yet. I think we all just need to hope that his life-long love of the Hawkeyes wins out.

So coaches and how he feels about them, offensive systems, type of game he thinks he wants to develop, other things not being considered?

Man kind of a slap in the face to both McCaffery and Prohm isn't it?

It is coming down to Legacy vs Love? :)

So coaches and how he feels about them, offensive systems, type of game he thinks he wants to develop, other things not being considered?

Man kind of a slap in the face to both McCaffery and Prohm isn't it?

It is coming down to Legacy vs Love? :)

Let's face it - neither coach is running a program that is an NBA feeder. I think fans of both programs should consider themselves lucky he wants to stay in Iowa. He'll fit in wherever he goes (he's a top recruit, so they tend to fit in anywhere), so I didn't mention that. I'm sure he may have a style of play he likes better, but as long as he has a coach that allows him to try and develop his outside game I think he'd be fine with that. He's a superb interior defender and he wants to continue to develop his outside game to see if he can get to the next level. It's not just as simple as Legacy vs. Love, as you put it, but I'm sure the girlfriend being at ISU probably plays a little bit of a factor in the decision.

Last edited:

Thanks for the response. I really like hearing that he's "one of the nicest kids you'll ever find". Much appreciated.

Reactions: easy2
[QUOTE="IAHawk2011, post: 7007906, member: 11128"]I’ve never seen a fan base jerk itself off so much over putting a bunch of benchwarmers in a professional league than Iowa State basketball fans. It would be the equivalent of Iowa putting exclusively backup and third string players in the NFL and bragging about how much of an NFL factory they are. So bizarre.

This statement might be the best representation of Iowa state I have ever read.[/QUOTE]

...then I am officially a Cyclone fan! :)

LMFAO! Prohm has internal issues? You just had a senior transfer out from your program and may very well be a starter for the Kansas Jayhaws on a top 5 team in the country and your fanbase just brushes it off. And you claim the players love him? Come on man!

When Prohms players leave early it's for professional basketball.

What a stupid post. Moss transferred out because he knew he was going to lose time to a redshirt freshman and the team didn’t trust him to play at the end of games. If he starts for Kansas, then they aren’t a Top 5 team.

I'll take him for his word that those schools offered. Nonetheless he blew up in the summer circuit and received major interest from several top 25 caliber basketball programs. Hes gunna look dang good in that frontcourt with XF!

You are traveling backwards through time.

I'll take him for his word that those schools offered. Nonetheless he blew up in the summer circuit and received major interest from several top 25 caliber basketball programs. Hes gunna look dang good in that frontcourt with XF!
LOL!

What a stupid post. Moss transferred out because he knew he was going to lose time to a redshirt freshman and the team didn’t trust him to play at the end of games. If he starts for Kansas, then they aren’t a Top 5 team.

No, Moss transferred out because his dad felt like Isaiah wasn't getting the focus of the offense enough to showcase his game o_O

You are in for a rude awakening if you think your freshman SG is a better player than a senior in Moss.

I think not. Just because he was a senior and the other guy was a freshman doesn’t make him better but I’m sure you understand that. Then it’s safe to say that you think Halliburton and Bolton will not be able to be anywhere close to the players Babb and Shayock were because they are only Sophs and those guys were outgoing Seniors?

Maybe he won’t match Moss’s production - if not, I would be disappointed because the bar is not very high.

I would much rather have a kid play for Fran. Prohm hasn’t really done anything of note after Hoibergs players left. They have a ton of roster turnover and internal issues it seems. Someone is always in trouble, fighting with a teammate, etc.

say what you want about Frans recruiting but he has a nearly ten year track record of kids graduating, mostly staying out of trouble, and his players love him.

LMFAO! Prohm has internal issues? You just had a senior transfer out from your program and may very well be a starter for the Kansas Jayhaws on a top 5 team in the country and your fanbase just brushes it off. And you claim the players love him? Come on man!

When Prohms players leave early it's for professional basketball.
Cam lard, Ernst, carter, noskowiak, and long.

Reactions: iahawks10
Cam lard, Ernst, carter, noskowiak, and long.
Cam Lard is overseas playing pro, Ernst was injured his time in Ames but as we know now was not very good, Carter was a project player who became to much of a project, Noskowiak was in Ames for the summer for a very short while before being kicked off the team because the kid had extreme anger management issues and was a head case, Long was a 4 Star who also had multiple injuries and got burried on the bench behind more talented players and decided to go elsewhere. While the post stating they only leave to go pro was false the post they were responding to was also false.

That and being told by his friends and family that he was too good to not have a bigger role. He transferred in HS, too.

Unhappy with playing time and odd substitution patterns would be my guess.

Yeah, I’m sure he was unhappy with playing time and what he perceived as not enough and odd substitution patterns.

But to most everyone that watched him, including obviously the staff, that was earned by his disappearing acts and inconsistencies. He didn’t play as much in the second half or end of games because they must have felt he couldn’t be trusted as much and they felt they had better late game options in Baer and Connor.

Add to that the reports by some people that supposedly went to practices that Frederick was taking it to him regularly, he decided that he wanted to try another option.

Honestly this is the dumbest take on the situation. Moss didn’t transfer because a red shirt freshman who has never played is going to take his minutes, so he decided to transfer to a loaded top team in the country.
Moss transferred because him and Fran didn’t see eye to eye and Kansas brings more exposure

Reactions: IAHawk2011
Honestly this is the dumbest take on the situation. Moss didn’t transfer because a red shirt freshman who has never played is going to take his minutes, so he decided to transfer to a loaded top team in the country.
Moss transferred because him and Fran didn’t see eye to eye and Kansas brings more exposure

Yeah ok. We will see how the year plays out. I already told you they don’t see eye to eye - problem for Moss is he doesn’t realize how good he really is.

You are misinformed. Moss was looking at lateral moves and in fact had COMMITTED to Arkansas (lateral at best). Hardly supports your purported strategy that he was leaving so he could join a top tier team to gain more exposure. Yes, Kansas swooped in at the end and he switched, good for him! But its intellectually dishonest to assert his decision to transfer was predicated on it being a top tier school.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2019/may/15/iowa-grad-transfer-isaiah-moss-commits-hogs/

You are misinformed. Moss was looking at lateral moves and in fact had COMMITTED to Arkansas (lateral at best). Hardly supports your purported strategy that he was leaving so he could join a top tier team to gain more exposure. Yes, Kansas swooped in at the end and he switched, good for him! But its intellectually dishonest to assert his decision to transfer was predicated on it being a top tier school.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2019/may/15/iowa-grad-transfer-isaiah-moss-commits-hogs/

yeah but if he was afraid of playing time he would have stayed with Arkansas. He didn’t leave because CJ Was going to take his minutes. That’s so dumb. It’s a Fran and him issue. I don’t think he sees much playing time at Kansas but at least at Kansas an All American type kid will get his minutes. Not a red shirt freshman that played well in practice last year. That’s ridiculous

yeah but if he was afraid of playing time he would have stayed with Arkansas. He didn’t leave because CJ Was going to take his minutes. That’s so dumb. It’s a Fran and him issue. I don’t think he sees much playing time at Kansas but at least at Kansas an All American type kid will get his minutes. Not a red shirt freshman that played well in practice last year. That’s ridiculous
He saw the KS opportunity and jumped at it. I am sure his handlers/family told him to take it. But we'll see if/how much he plays.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
He's 100% correct

Bullshit. His father/him had nothing but positive things to say about Fran and Iowa on the way out. Unless you are privy to information that the public is not (and I am assuming that is not the case, otherwise you would have already let us know) then stop making unfounded speculations.

He went to Kansas because he has the opportunity to play an important role on a traditional powerhouse, which he likely hopes to leverage for future opportunities. It is a fantastic opportunity for Isaiah and he was smart to seize it. Go back to the State board

We will see. Like I said, I’m assuming you expect Iowa St guard play to take a step back, correct? It seems Moss and his “team” might view his abilities as stronger then most others.

You claimed he transferred because Kansas brought more exposure than Iowa.

"Kansas brings more exposure"

In short, you have no idea what you are talking about, so please do the site a favor and either quit posting or kill yourself.

Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT