ADVERTISEMENT

YouTube TV Rate Going Up $15.

I got Youtube TV for a handful of channels.

The local FOX station that I can't get over the air.
ACC Network.
Fox Sports South Network
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN News

I have no use for any of the Viacom channels. I'm going to re-evaluate my options.

As others have said, Youtube TV has forgotten their core attraction.

If I can get the FOX network (not Fox News), even if the feed is from a larger market, I'll probably switch to HULU Live.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkhawk
Are we the only ones who think Disney+ is crap? Thought my kids would like it but they are old enough that they won't watch most of the stuff outside of Star Wars and Avengers stuff. I like Mandalorian... that's all I've watched. Have it free until November due to Verizon. Don't see keeping it when the free year is up.

Agree the $15 sucks because we don't watch any of the channels being added... take that back I have watched Yellowstone, but for $15 I'd pass on that. Still, YTTV is great as long as they don't get much higher. Wish they'd offer a few tiers to select from vs all or nothing.
I was doing month to month and did a second subscription for my M-I-L, (pics in other thread) for Christmas. She's a Disney nut. We got to the point where we never really watched it, so I cancelled my month to month and just logged onto the other account. I may have watched one movie since.

I was doing month to month and did a second subscription for my M-I-L, (pics in other thread) for Christmas. She's a Disney nut. We got to the point where we never really watched it, so I cancelled my month to month and just logged onto the other account. I may have watched one movie since.
Link of other thread?

Reactions: iahawks10
If you have Xfinity internet you may want to put in a call. They just lowered my monthly bill from $73 to $50/month.

I have a free Xfinity package through my HOA. I stopped using it though after signing up with YoutubeTV. I'm now planning on going back to Xfinity as I don't watch the channels they are adding and paying $15 for them is stupid, but I'm not getting the ESPN/sports package. My only cost now will be the $50 internet and the router rental fee.

If you have Xfinity internet you may want to put in a call. They just lowered my monthly bill from $73 to $50/month.

I have a free Xfinity package through my HOA. I stopped using it though after signing up with YoutubeTV. I'm now planning on going back to Xfinity as I don't watch the channels they are adding and paying $15 for them is stupid, but I'm not getting the ESPN/sports package. My only cost now will be the $50 internet and the router rental fee.
One thing to keep an eye on is the quality of the stream. We have Xfinity (mediacom here in Iowa) for internet, and as part of the deal, we get cable too. Only on one tv, and we use YTTV except for shows on the History Channel. The quality of the picture for YTTV is markedly better. the cable looks like garbage.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
How does Hulu Live TV compare to Youtube tv? It's priced at just 54.99 a month and it has the channels I want. Does it have a decent dvr, etc...

Has anyone with YTTV picked up the Viacom channels yet? I thought we were supposed to get them on July 1st, but they haven’t shown up on mine yet. I’ve updated my Roku and I’ve deleted/reinstalled YTTV and still nothing.

I can watch Com Central and a few other new channels on demand, but they’re not showing up on the live guide.

Hulu is the right choice.
I get everything + hbo & showtime for $70 a month
For me the Hulu interface was just too wonky. YTTV takes the best of app/channel driven menus but also gives you a traditional looking guide in the live tv menu. I have tried both and for me YTTV was the clear choice.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
Has anyone with YTTV picked up the Viacom channels yet? I thought we were supposed to get them on July 1st, but they haven’t shown up on mine yet. I’ve updated my Roku and I’ve deleted/reinstalled YTTV and still nothing.

I can watch Com Central and a few other new channels on demand, but they’re not showing up on the live guide.
You might need to open it on your computer and enable the channels in your live tv guide.

Reactions: iahawks10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT