ADVERTISEMENT

******Midlands Session 3*****

There was a key point in the match for Lee.... up by essentially 2 ( 1 pt + riding time) , at about 37 seconds left-ish.... Bresser starts to get away on their feet... if he cuts him loose and gives up one or continues to try to hold on and take him back to the mat... Lee is having a great tournament and will do better on two good legs...

Reactions: Dagboi
Anyone notice that Lee was a little gimpy after that initial scramble? Looked like he had tweaked his knee...

Valencia the lesser is undisciplined and lacks his brother’s combination of quickness and precision. I thought his #1 seed was wrong. I like both Lewis and Bull as better candidates.

And what exactly would have been your argument in the seeding meeting to change the seeds? Ignore that Valencia pinned Marinelli in this exact tournament last season, because I think he isn't as good as his brother?

Reactions: BoroBuilt
I've seen Tsirtsis make a career of it without Brandon Sorensen being anywhere near the arena.
All I am saying is that if everyone just tried to get low and get head position and push instead of backing up and trying to get a different tie, many matches would look like BS and Tsirtis. Do you ever see Kemdawg in a match like that? I have not. He does not get a tie and push. He looks for a shot. IMHO

Just from reading. ..Regarding stalling. ..sounds like the refs are practicing for Nationals. Call them early in tournaments and then swallow the whistle.

Exactly. Bull gets called for stalling because Richie wrestles the edge and Bull goes forward and pushes him out trying to tie up. Same thing with Brandon.

Reactions: ih8iast8
And what exactly would have been your argument in the seeding meeting to change the seeds? Ignore that Valencia pinned Marinelli in this exact tournament last season, because I think he isn't as good as his brother?
Maybe that he has 5 losses this year, one by major. Hasn’t been 1 seed material my man.

Lee definitely let the kid dictate the type of match that was wrestled....definitely a learning experience.... luckily it was here instead of nationals like Gilman.... pull the shirt

The fact he does not have the mobility and quickness with the knee right now is why he could not chase him down. Don't pull it.
The fact that he should have to chase him down to get him to wrestle is why the kid should be nailed for stalling....all of you “wrestling from space “ guys.... when did that become a thing? Wrestling is supposed to be a contact sport last I knew....Lee dominated everyone he wrestled when the refs were calling stalling.... he’s physically ready to win nationals.... he will learn from that match.... poor officiating is ruining college wrestling

The fact that he should have to chase him down to get him to wrestle is why the kid should be nailed for stalling....all of you “wrestling from space “ guys.... when did that become a thing? Wrestling is supposed to be a contact sport last I knew....Lee dominated everyone he wrestled when the refs were calling stalling.... he’s physically ready to win nationals.... he will learn from that match.... poor officiating is ruining college wrestling

That sums it up. If people don't wrestle the way you want them to, it is stalling . I thought the stalling call on Bresser on bottom was legit. I did not see any other stall calls that were missed.

Reactions: hawknut
Maybe that he has 5 losses this year, one by major. Hasn’t been 1 seed material my man.

Maybe you should have been there then, because I am pretty sure everyone there was aware of what you just said and he still was given the #1. Valencia has the head to head dominating win at this tournament last year and that is a major criteria for seeding at this tournament. Marinelli and Lewis have no wins of note this year and actually barely any matches to warrant being seeded over him. Marinelli was 2-0 coming in and Lewis was 1-1. I just don't see any possible way you put them above him.....

Oh man,,, ref gives Wanerov 1 with .0002 seconds left to force OT

TD $$ wins 5-3, oops guess it was Fall

Reactions: Dagboi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT