ADVERTISEMENT

133 Targets?

MVPFAN

HR Legend
Mar 10, 2003
Per flo these are the highest ranked Jr. (2019) class guys who project to 133, they are all top 20 overall. Colaiocco just won Iron Man and The Beast. Has a very offensive mind set. Can Anderson hold 133, he has been above there some already. Crace seems a a bit more defensive than Colaiocco but is right there, we do have an SPG connection.

Michael Colaiocco
Ryan Anderson
Jordan Crace

Also Senior class of 2018,

JD Stickley also SPG, the Bro of Justin has shot up the rankings after winning Ironman. He is a now #3 at the weight and I'm sure will shoot up the class rankings once they are done again. Not sure how big of a 138 he is but maybe a guy who can drop to 133? If not is he a possible future 149?

Reactions: SDHN2013 and Dagboi
Colaiocco is a stud and it seems like nobody ever talks about him. I would love for him to be a hawk
Him and his brother, who's also on the wrestling team, are from New Jersey and attend Blair Academy. I'd be very surprised if either are interested in Iowa City.

Mocco was prob' the best recruit Zelesky ever landed. Too bad Mocco bailed the Hawkeyes. Perry was from Oklahoma, not NJ.

Is there some intense dislike or aversion for Iowa for people from NJ? Does Iowa not recruit there? Ever?

Is there some intense dislike or aversion for Iowa for people from NJ? Does Iowa not recruit there? Ever?

We've recruited a lot of football players out of NJ - Lou King, Danan Hughes, Andre Tippett, Keith Hunter, Norm Granger, Cedric Shaw, Albert Young, Akrum Wadley, and Shonn Greene.

Reactions: Twoooooooo
Mocco was prob' the best recruit Zelesky ever landed. Too bad Mocco bailed the Hawkeyes. Perry was from Oklahoma, not NJ.
No shit Sherlock. You're not very good at this, so I'm not going to wear my fingers out explaining my initial response so you would understand. Pretty clear it's gone over your head already.

A fairly long list of Jersey kids have played football at Iowa over the past 30+ years. But ok. If you say so.
My bad, I thought this was a wrestling forum.

No shit Sherlock. You're not very good at this, so I'm not going to wear my fingers out explaining my initial response so you would understand. Pretty clear it's gone over your head already.
OK

Jesus.....how many B10 conference football titles has Iowa won, with that blue-chip Jersey pipeline?

Jesus.....how many B10 conference football titles has Iowa won, with that blue-chip Jersey pipeline?

So Jersey only claims people that win conference titles or are blue chips? Pretty narrow perspective but to each their own

Who said blue chip and why is it relevant? Talk about moving goal posts. Good Lord.
Exactly! Blue chip, Jersey, conference champs and Iowa all being discussed at the same time, is indeed crazy! Can we now get back to discussing wrestling recruits?

Reactions: Huck
So wrestlers are “Jersey people” and football players are not. Gotcha. Smh
It's comparing apples to oranges and you're too stupid to see it. Football isn't wrestling.
Football having an older Jersey tie of some sort has zero direct relation to the TnT bro's and the wrestling team.

It's comparing apples to oranges and you're too stupid to see it. Football isn't wrestling.
Football having an older Jersey tie of some sort has zero direct relation to the TnT bro's and the wrestling team.
I would think any wrestler from anywhere in the Milky Way galaxy would have to at least consider iowa....if for only the history and the fan base. If you want to wrestle in front of a couple hundred stay in jersey, if you want thousands of fans screaming “two” then maybe iowa is for you

Don’t you live in Ohio? How would you know what kind of interest a Jersey kid has in Iowa?

Reactions: wasdt21

You: Most Jersey people don’t fit the Iowa mold

Me: Iowa has had a lot of football players from Jersey over the years.

You: but how many football championships have you won?

Me: who bleeping cares? You said Jersey people don’t fit the Iowa mold. I’m telling you Iowa has been successful recruiting Jersey people.

You: You’re stupid!!!!

Me:

giphy.gif

Him and his brother, who's also on the wrestling team, are from New Jersey and attend Blair Academy. I'd be very surprised if either are interested in Iowa City.

There were a couple of Blair kids originally from NJ that came all the way out here for Night of Conflict this year. Thought that was strange as I think both were committed elsewhere and don’t think we were recruiting them but I think it insinuates that there is a connection between Iowa and Jersey. Not to mention, Foca, another Jersey guy committing to Iowa State and Suriano having heavy interest in Iowa coming out of high school.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
There were a couple of Blair kids originally from NJ that came all the way out here for Night of Conflict this year. Thought that was strange as I think both were committed elsewhere and don’t think we were recruiting them but I think it insinuates that there is a connection between Iowa and Jersey. Not to mention, Foca, another Jersey guy committing to Iowa State and Suriano having heavy interest in Iowa coming out of high school.
Suriano may not be the best example. He made it quite clear this past summer who “his people” are...

Reactions: tabenn
Suriano may not be the best example. He made it quite clear this past summer who “his people” are...

Actually, he’s the perfect example for this argument that StParis is trying to make. He basically insinuates that a Jersey kid would not have any interest in Iowa City.

Reactions: LumbeeIndian
Actually, he’s the perfect example for this argument that StParis is trying to make. He basically insinuates that a Jersey kid would not have any interest in Iowa City.
Well yeah I guess but showing interest in a place then actually being able to fit in once there can be tricky. When he was at PSU, he seemed like an awkward fit around most of his teammates there. Can’t put my finger on why I felt that way but just did. And when he left to go to Rutgers he made it clear he wanted to be around “his people”. In a weird way it made complete sense to me...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT