ADVERTISEMENT

What I learned at NCAAs this weekend

Are they having some sort of ceremony to name new room and honor Bob? I have tons of screenshots saved up to share on all the social media sites when they post about it.

I love Bob.... i want everyone to know him the way we all know him..
May 30th.

Reactions: GiApet
Dude, you don't hide things and lie.
Very poor way to do business.
And kind of a shot at Beth's character.
this is very naive. she’s supposed to admit to a major donor that she wanted to replace the HC, which is an admission she doesn’t believe in him?

That kind of thing is never admitted to after the fact. it would be pretty unfair to Tom.

doesn’t mean it’s true, but her denying it at this point means nothing.

Wow, this sounds serious. Let me look at my previous statements and revise them. LOL. My point stands. Your main booster goes on internet forums and attacks other posters. A GREAT look don't you think?

I will say this right here. Bob Nicolls is about Bob Nicolls' ego and power at Iowa wrestling. He "hopes" Iowa wrestling succeeds, but of more importance is his position within Iowa wrestling as a power broker. I look at OSU's new benefactor. His goal was to build wrestling within the state of Oklahoma, and he is funding that effort through DT. I'd much rather stand behind that guy than Bob Nicolls, who is in it for self glory. Refute that if you can, or more likely Bob will. People like him can't lay low.
I usually like your posts. They do tend to be fair; however, you are grasping for straws on this one. bnichols rarely posts on here - rarely You are only reading what you want to read into his character. When you really don't know, it is best to keep mouth shut.

I usually like your posts. They do tend to be fair; however, you are grasping for straws on this one. bnichols rarely posts on here - rarely You are only reading what you want to read into his character. When you really don't know, it is best to keep mouth shut.
I appreciate you as well TT, but I'm tired of seeing the bull (Bob) wreck the china shop. What was the point of his bashing today? Do you know? Does he know? My point is just because he has more money doesn't mean he is right and just in his actions. Personally speaking, I think he is low class. Lower class than you guys deserve. I know I'm spitting into the wind by saying that on your forum, but I honestly don't believe he serves Iowa wrestling and wresting in general very well. He comes across as an opportunist. I won't say anymore. Hopefully others opposing my view come around some day and see that vitriole isn't worth the cost. Take care.

this is very naive. she’s supposed to admit to a major donor that she wanted to replace the HC, which is an admission she doesn’t believe in him?

That kind of thing is never admitted to after the fact. it would be pretty unfair to Tom.

Well yea. For her to step into a coaching change in wrestling after a few months on the job, risk alienating your biggest donor in that sport…that’s just not how the game is played on any level.

Also consider the time…women’s basketball tourney going on, internal investigation on the gymnastics coach, Bluder retirement incoming(?) and the Swarm is sucking wind. Wrestling self funded a new facility, their NIL is getting covered and they are a top 5 team in the country. In her view, wrestling is one of her more stable sports. Message board fans wanting it to be so doesn’t make it so.

I appreciate you as well TT, but I'm tired of seeing the bull (Bob) wreck the china shop.

It’s quite honestly none of your business,
and not your place. You’re a GIANT conflict of interest on this subject.

Unlike others here, I won’t say you’re a bad guy or anything but this is a subject you have zero credibility on.

frozen let it go GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios

Don't go away Bob. Can't you stick around and call PSU fans pedophiles some more?? Or keep accusing the PSU wrestling staff of cheating??? Or at the very least do you have anymore sexist jokes?

I mean, the entire wrestling community was just starting to get to know the guy whose name is going on the Hawkeye wrestling room. Can't you give us just a little more??
Go away. I don't know anything about this Bob guy but please go away.

Wow, this sounds serious. Let me look at my previous statements and revise them. LOL. My point stands. Your main booster goes on internet forums and attacks other posters. A GREAT look don't you think?

I will say this right here. Bob Nicolls is about Bob Nicolls' ego and power at Iowa wrestling. He "hopes" Iowa wrestling succeeds, but of more importance is his position within Iowa wrestling as a power broker. I look at OSU's new benefactor. His goal was to build wrestling within the state of Oklahoma, and he is funding that effort through DT. I'd much rather stand behind that guy than Bob Nicolls, who is in it for self glory. Refute that if you can, or more likely Bob will. People like him can't lay low.
I don’t like it when Penn State fans say things I agree with.

Bob has posted often enough to leave very little doubt as to his character.

High Five Best Friends GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reactions: Herkylian
Any Post that starts with " I am a Penn State Fan or I am an OSU fan " and i know EXACTLY what your Iowa program should do is USUALLY more full of $hit than one of Morningstar's Hog Barns. I think when Bob Nichols posts on here it is genuine and he does what he can for the program and he puts his money where his mouth is. Some people may disagree with him but at least he contributes and speaks his mind. If these guys from other schools want to do great things for wrestling ....they should take it upon themselves to go back to their respective team's board and forums and POST AWAY.... MAKE IT FEEL LIKE HOME and then maybe you will actually have a place of your own.

Sure, whatever you say

You’d be disappointed if a true freshman that spent 2.5 months in a division one wrestling room isn’t on par with a 4x AA that was also a U23 world champion? Maybe manage your expectations. Obviously Kueter has the chops but not very realistic.

Bob has posted often enough to leave very little doubt as to his character.
so have you

if you wanted to replace someone who worked for you, but your replacement fell through, would you tell that person they were on their way out?

Yes. Let me edit this to say I'd rather they hear it from me first than seeing it leaked on social media and now all my coaches are questioning my integrity after only a few months on the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: T8KUDWN
Any Post that starts with " I am a Penn State Fan or I am an OSU fan " and i know EXACTLY what your Iowa program should do is USUALLY more full of $hit than one of Morningstar's Hog Barns. I think when Bob Nichols posts on here it is genuine and he does what he can for the program and he puts his money where his mouth is. Some people may disagree with him but at least he contributes and speaks his mind. If these guys from other schools want to do great things for wrestling ....they should take it upon themselves to go back to their respective team's board and forums and POST AWAY.... MAKE IT FEEL LIKE HOME and then maybe you will actually have a place of your own.
I love how you and @T8KUDWN continue on your quest to tell PSU fans why they should not post here, and how people like the two of you would NEVER lower yourself to post on another forum. It's comical how often you go to this reply or some form of it. I hope you guys are breaking non-living things in your home every time PSU wins things and not kicking your dog (or other animals).

Do you get a year end bonus from Bob in addition to your salary?

• Haha
Reactions: MilleGinja
I love how you and @T8KUDWN continue on your quest to tell PSU fans why they should not post here, and how people like the two of you would NEVER lower yourself to post on another forum. It's comical how often you go to this reply or some form of it. I hope you guys are breaking non-living things in your home every time PSU wins things and not kicking your dog (or other animals).
Two of the worst posters on here.

Yes. Let me edit this to say I'd rather they hear it from me first than seeing it leaked on social media and now all my coaches are questioning my integrity after only a few months on the job.
I agree with you here but it happens every day chief.

Nope, not breaking anything big mouth.
Too bad it bothers you so much that I don’t have any desire or want to go to your forum.

ps1985, I hope that makes you feel pretty cool to manipulate someone else’s post to make it look like something it’s not.
Scumbag lair

I’ve never promoted anyone to get kicked off this forum but I would be all for it for people that do that kind of crap.

Nope, not breaking anything big mouth.
Too bad it bothers you so much that I don’t have any desire or want to go to your forum.

I could care less if you come to the PSU forum. There are some great fans from other teams that post there. There are also some trolls. I somehow resist telling all of them, troll or not, to not post on their forum, while bragging about how great I am because I don't do that. It would be like bragging about the fact that you don't need to take medication to be awesome at life.

Reactions: PSUer1989
I could care less if you come to the PSU forum. There are some great fans from other teams that post there. There are also some trolls. I somehow resist telling all of them, troll or not, to not post on their forum, while bragging about how great I am because I don't do that. It would be like bragging about the fact that you don't need to take medication to be awesome at life.
I only reply negatively to the trolls. If someone from another team comes here and talks wrestling, I don't tell them not to post here. It's those who come here to brag about their team (which is normally only psu fans) and critique the Iowa program, I comment towards. So basically, don't be a troll. No, I don't need medications and I hope it always stays that way. I never once said I was awesome at life, but I did say I feel good from the lifestyle I live. I see pennstate1985 made some new friends in a different thread. Good to see some other Hawk fans not put up with his crap posts. You and him are a bit on the sneaky side. You like to say you are just here to talk "wrestling" and have some posts that follow that, then throw in a few posts bragging about how great psu is and then go back to a few "wrestling" posts and then multiple posts taking jabs at the Iowa program (and Iowa fans who post on the Iowa Wrestling Forum). It's amazing you can't figure out why people don't like it. We don't need a couple douche bags from psu critiquing the Iowa program on our own wrestling forum. And I sure as hell don't need you giving me your input about my posts here. Capeesh??

oh PSU trolls the only thing I break here is the silence with my laughter when I see How badly you all want to fit onto the PSU bandwagon and search so hard to find a reason to justify your own misdoings.... I mean they are pushing to have old Paterno's statue put back up at Beaver Stadium... I guess " The Good Old Boys gang" has decided that Joe's overlooking and cover up of the Todd Hoodne conviction for rape and the Sandusky disaster are not a problem anymore ?? More of the " out of sight out of mind " train of thought I guess ?? And Everytime I get just 1 of you PSU jagoffs to respond to my posts It literally makes my day complete.

Do you get a year end bonus from Bob in addition to your salary?
@Bob Nichols ... Could we please include a sweet NIL deal along with my current Salary and this new Bonus structure ? I would like to Include Breakfasts with the team at the Bluebird Diner , unlimited Pulled pork and Ribs from Jimmy Jack's Shack and some Bloody Marys from The Downstairs bar at the Graduate Hotel. Oh yeah throw in a couple cases of the Gable beer and I should be good to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT