ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Shaw Decommits from Missouri. 4 Star Small Forward. #58 Overall Ranked Prospect in 2022 Class

he has the mid range jumper, the 3, and the step back 3. and he has a quick release.

he runs the floor really well. he plays defense & is a rim protector.

I agree; he's perfect for Iowa and is exactly what we need.

Yes a very good fit. Read the only thing he lacks is really the ability to score off the dribble, which is something Wieskamp struggled with. So he's kind of a 3 and D guy but very athletic. Both Murray's struggle off the drive slightly too, but are long enough to reverse spin and get good shots off. Perkins is the best example of a wing who can drive and score with floaters or driving layups. That's the part of his game that needs the most work, but he brings a lot.

You can watch this at NOON, Saturday, on CBS.

FPDjPfcXIAseS--

An actual published report with quotes, for starters? They are out there, just nothing like what I doubted here.

You got more? What's your standard?
In the lounge, Blair posted it, after....reaching out to Aidan. Blair as in, super admin Blair. Shaw isn't coming folks.

An actual published report with quotes, for starters? They are out there, just nothing like what I doubted here.

You got more? What's your standard?
I was hopeful like you. But if there is no smoke here or even the tiniest bit of spark in the lounge I would say this ain't happening. I think there are some posters here that follow these better than you and I BBHawk. If you have a link that we have a punchers chance please post!

Last edited:
Why would Fran not reach out?
I don’t really get it, but much like TE’s or DB’s in football, I don’t really doubt Fran’s ability to get production out of his wing spots (whatever the names are). Pat has his flaws but continues to improve, and Sandfort has shown great potential at the 3 spot too. Kris has the 4 on lockdown this year, and if we can land a decent big in the portal, it seems likely that Rebraca will spend additional minutes backing him up

I’m more concerned about the point guard transfer that I don’t believe will be coming and some combination of Ulis/Bowen/McCaffery that is supposed to fill that void and be the group that takes us on a run in March… hopefully either Bowen is up to the task or Ulis figures it out offensively

I don’t really get it, but much like TE’s or DB’s in football, I don’t really doubt Fran’s ability to get production out of his wing spots (whatever the names are). Pat has his flaws but continues to improve, and Sandfort has shown great potential at the 3 spot too. Kris has the 4 on lockdown this year, and if we can land a decent big in the portal, it seems likely that Rebraca will spend additional minutes backing him up

I’m more concerned about the point guard transfer that I don’t believe will be coming and some combination of Ulis/Bowen/McCaffery that is supposed to fill that void and be the group that takes us on a run in March… hopefully either Bowen is up to the task or Ulis figures it out offensively
That may all be true, but Iowa needs all the talent it can get.

Reactions: unclesammy
Plus Fran has pmac kris Rebracha payton at the forwad positions he should go for another Perkins type 2 guard and a big man 5

That may all be true, but Iowa needs all the talent it can get.
I agree with you but I also think 1) it’s a tough sell to Shaw with 2.5 (Kris can play the three in bigger lineups) 3’s on the roster and 2) it’s a dangerous game to recruit over existing quality contributors (especially a potential all-time three point shooter in Sandfort, who has a potentially even more talented younger brother that is currently weighing his college options)

I’m not disagreeing with you or siding with Fran, especially since Shaw looks like a guy with ridiculous upside, just trying to think of some reasons for not reaching out

Plenty of 2 guards in the portal already i like that Adam Miller who use to play for Illinois

I agree with you but I also think 1) it’s a tough sell to Shaw with 2.5 (Kris can play the three in bigger lineups) 3’s on the roster and 2) it’s a dangerous game to recruit over existing quality contributors (especially a potential all-time three point shooter in Sandfort, who has a potentially even more talented younger brother that is currently weighing his college options)

I’m not disagreeing with you or siding with Fran, especially since Shaw looks like a guy with ridiculous upside, just trying to think of some reasons for not reaching out
If you are not recruiting the best talent you can get, then why recruit at all? If you have guys who are not willing to compete for spots, you don't have a good team.

If you are not recruiting the best talent you can get, then why recruit at all? If you have guys who are not willing to compete for spots, you don't have a good team.
Recruiting over all your players after you sold them on a specific pathway to playing time out of high school isn’t sustainable if you want to build a program that is successful on a consistent basis… especially now that every single team is utilizing the transfer portal

You can agree or disagree with the methodology, but Fran seems to believe that getting his guys out of high school, giving them the opportunity to develop in the program, promoting stability, and only using the portal to fill glaring holes is a better option than a revolving door of players

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT