ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese says about Clark......

Feb 25, 2008
I debated about adding anymore fuel to this fire, and just posting this on one of the dozens of other threads ultimately to get buried and unseen by most.......but then I figured, ahhhh what the heck, there's plenty of extra gasoline left over......

*Of course this could be a Pepsi and everyone's already seen it...........:(

So on one hand, we have a new video of Angel Reese on TikTok during the National Championship postgame celebration with a teammate, and she clearly says "Caitlin Clark" as if she's talking directly to her, and had this to say:

"I'm not one to be disrespected.......I disrespect around here."

Duly noted.......

And I guess if what she's saying is what she means, and never walks anything back, then it's okay for everyone to call what she did to Clark disrespectful, because she herself says she is disrespectful...............I'm glad she cleared that up for everyone. :D

On the other hand, earlier today, Reese appeared on a show, which I believe was her first "official" public appearance since the NCG, and was asked if there was any beef between her and Clark and she said 'No.'

So there you have it. Her incident with Clark wasn't personal.......she was just being disrespectful! :)

It's also worth mentioning in the second video clip I saw, that she more or less briefly broke down why she manufactured brought race into the conversation and why it ended up being a part of her actions Sunday.

Last edited:
The other thing I'll mention here is whatever happened to the talk about the fact that at any other point in time during a game, and even in any game that wasn't a major postseason contest, what Reese was doing would be an automatic technical foul (except with that officiating crew)?..............

That's the part that bothers me. Guys have done far less jawing after a tackle and gotten flagged for unsportsmanlike. Just sets a bad example going forward. If that wasn't a line, where is the line? That was TO going to celebrate on the star at 50 yard line level stuff, although back then we could all acknowledge how classless that was without having to make excuses for the terrible behavior (and I hated the Cowboys!).

Yeah, the refs had no control over anything.
-Mulkey on the court, grabbing/touching the refs during play=nothing.
-Lisa commenting that the refs wouldn't even talk to her.
-Neither side knew what was going to be called a foul.
-Reese punches Molly Davis in the face and nothing.
-The technical.
-90 seconds in the lane.

We could all go on and on. Just a total poop-show from three incompetent refs.

That's what happens when you attend a private Catholic high school with tuition over 10,000 a year. Also during your private school days you were an honor roll student involved in ballet, swimming and track. Recruited to Maryland starting in her freshman year and was part of a team culture having to sit almost a year with a foot injury then coming back to play a fairly prominent role on your way to the NCAA tournament.
Then she transfered to LSU... She needed to play for a coach who would allow her to express herself as a person.
After doing some steady reading on her and her brother and cousin it becomes obvious she has worked hard to create the image you see now since transferring to LSU. This is who she wants to be and how she perceives her community. Bayou Barbie is an interesting affluent person who was raised by basketball parents, went to an affluent private school known for it's athletic programs. She was handed every opportunity in life to be a tremendous athlete.
She really should go into politics as she sells an image she conjured for herself very well. She would fit well in D.C. As a friend who teaches in the inner city of Chicago told me when speaking about Angel he quoted a text he uses often, "By reinforcing stereotypes that long hindered blacks and by teaching young blacks that a thuggish adversarial stance is the proper "authentic" response to a presumptively racist society you are helping to hold back black success." In this regard Reese has not provided the role model she perceives.

Last edited:
Regardless of CC stating the Barbie should not receive criticism, her actions / taunting at the end were terrible. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anything like it.

I wish one of our girls would have approached her in that moment.

And she BLATANTLY smacked little Molly Davis..ridiculous.

The other thing I'll mention here is whatever happened to the talk about the fact that at any other point in time during a game, and even in any game that wasn't a major postseason contest, what Reese was doing would be an automatic technical foul (except with that officiating crew)?..............
Exactly…Rebraca did far less in a game and got a T. I don’t understand why Reese (during her first hand jester) at foul line in Clark’s face…didn’t get a T? I’ll inject race here…could it be because there were 3 black female refs? Does anyone here know if the officials were questioned, or reprimanded, after that game?

I think the biggest idiocy here was her saying CC disrespected SC players by not guarding them, which is utter nonsense.

Even if it were somehow true - how about the off the charts respect the Hawks showed for their inside players? They were guarding 2 players with 5!

Exactly…Rebraca did far less in a game and got a T. I don’t understand why Reese (during her first hand jester) at foul line in Clark’s face…didn’t get a T? I’ll inject race here…could it be because there were 3 black female refs? Does anyone here know if the officials were questioned, or reprimanded, after that game?
Having watched the game, I truly believe that the refs didn't see any of it. The game or the waving.

It was weird that she would want to spend the final seconds of the game stalking Caitlin versus celebrating with her team. Caitlin saw it, but she has been magnanimous throughout, even in defeat. Then, Caitlin put an end to it yesterday. I will follow her lead and move on.

Why wouldn't she,.. Clark had nothing but praise for her.
Sometimes the right thing to do is not get involved and simply allow things to smooth out over time. It’s the most difficult path because you have to check your ego at the door and everyone (especially top end athletes) have egos....that’s what makes them who they are.
I respect CC here because she has kept her mouth shut, stayed off the social media and hS maintained a low profile since the game ended. She’s doing the right thing. Here, but then she usually does.
#22 will be just fine.

Clark took the high road and ended it. Great move, the type of move a true professional makes.

Reese keeps talking and doubling down. Makes herself look more jealous and petty every day.
She's still running her mouth. Now she says she won't go to the White House but would love to visit the Obamas.
One would think at some point the school, coach, board, someone would shut her up. Lol

Clark took the high road and ended it. Great move, the type of move a true professional makes.

Reese keeps talking and doubling down. Makes herself look more jealous and petty every day.
Reese is not playing to you as an audience, she is using you calling her jealous and petty to further her made for air narrative.
I wish Clark would have stated she would be happy to talk about Iowa basketball and avoided saying anything about Reese.

It was weird that she would want to spend the final seconds of the game stalking Caitlin versus celebrating with her team. Caitlin saw it, but she has been magnanimous throughout, even in defeat. Then, Caitlin put an end to it yesterday. I will follow her lead and move on.
Good idea. I'll do the same, no more comments from me!

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
It
I think the biggest idiocy here was her saying CC disrespected SC players by not guarding them, which is utter nonsense.

Even if it were somehow true - how about the off the charts respect the Hawks showed for their inside players? They were guarding 2 players with 5!
It's because she looked at it as: a white girl was dissing a black girl. Not that it was Iowa vs South carolina.
"people that look like me"

It

It's because she looked at it as: a white girl was dissing a black girl. Not that it was Iowa vs South carolina.
"people that look like me"
That's funny, I didn't see anyone wearing a sock on one leg and a tiara on South Carolina...just kidding.

Reese is not playing to you as an audience, she is using you calling her jealous and petty to further her made for air narrative.
I wish Clark would have stated she would be happy to talk about Iowa basketball and avoided saying anything about Reese.
Caitlin's been pretty consistent with her message. Particulary after the buzzer sounds.

You're right on Reese, she absolutely drives traffic for monetary gain. Clark drives the bus however, for the betterment of women's basketball.

Both are product of affluent private Catholic high schools, with solid athletic programs, both carried exceptional HS GPA's, their parents/family members are athlete's and are involved.

Neither should ever be worried about putting food on the table, it's fascinating to me from a business perspective how they get there. Dad had 200 coffee cans buried in our back yard growing up in Iowa, I've found that next to impossible to carry out in the desert here. :)

Reese isn’t smart enough to try playing chess, or checkers for that matter.

She is playing tic-tac-toe (at best).

Sometimes the right thing to do is not get involved and simply allow things to smooth out over time. It’s the most difficult path because you have to check your ego at the door and everyone (especially top end athletes) have egos....that’s what makes them who they are.
I respect CC here because she has kept her mouth shut, stayed off the social media and hS maintained a low profile since the game ended. She’s doing the right thing. Here, but then she usually does.
#22 will be just fine.
Yes she will. Like I said though this about her (with good counseling), managing her brand. I don't believe for a second that she is okay with what Reese did. You could clearly see it on her face each time Reese confronted her. She's a smart girl though and she'll make gallons of lemonade from these lemons...

That's what happens when you attend a private Catholic high school with tuition over 10,000 a year. Also during your private school days you were an honor roll student involved in ballet, swimming and track. Recruited to Maryland starting in her freshman year and was part of a team culture having to sit almost a year with a foot injury then coming back to play a fairly prominent role on your way to the NCAA tournament.
Then she transfered to LSU... She needed to play for a coach who would allow her to express herself as a person.
After doing some steady reading on her and her brother and cousin it becomes obvious she has worked hard to create the image you see now since transferring to LSU. This is who she wants to be and how she perceives her community. Bayou Barbie is an interesting affluent person who was raised by basketball parents, went to an affluent private school known for it's athletic programs. She was handed every opportunity in life to be a tremendous athlete.
She really should go into politics as she sells an image she conjured for herself very well. She would fit well in D.C. As a friend who teaches in the inner city of Chicago told me when speaking about Angel he quoted a text he uses often, "By reinforcing stereotypes that long hindered blacks and by teaching young blacks that a thuggish adversarial stance is the proper "authentic" response to a presumptively racist society you are helping to hold back black success." In this regard Reese has not provided the role model she perceives.
Absolutely BRILLIANT analysis! Thank you.

Reactions: EagleHawk
One of my LinkedIn connections liked a post from a DEI race hustler that had the side by side pic of CC w/hand in face + Angel w/hand in face and went on some diatribe about bias and cultural bias, etc. But we all know that showing those two photos and implying that they are basically the same behaivor but just treated differently due to race is intellectually dishonest.

We all know that when CC did that it was in the heat of the game, vs a friend/rival and did not really do it right in someones face but rather did it while running back, maybe to the crowd a bit.

Angel had a bug up her ass from the second they were going to face Iowa. But, with the champ game well in hand, she chose to chase around CC to taunt her AND also pointed to her ring finger. Great sportsmanship as the clock expires and time to celebrate your Natty!

Last edited:
Again this is brand management by Clark. She's growing her brand by taking the high road. I don't believe for a second that she is okay with Reese, but she's removing her from the narrative, by saying there's nothing to see here.
I think brand management by both... Reese is growing a very specific brand, based on being edgy, having attitude, and and playing into the culture wars. Its high risk and high reward, people in this space do very well over the short run, but it can limit general brand appeal.

I think brand management by both... Reese is growing a very specific brand, based on being edgy, having attitude, and and playing into the culture wars. Its high risk and high reward, people in this space do very well over the short run, but it can limit general brand appeal.
Exactly, which is what I said in an earlier post. This has been calculated by Reese since the beginning. Her only option is to wear the black hat, so she's got a 10 gallon Stetson on over her crown.....

they shouldn't be allowed to ref a pick up game after this game

One of my LinkedIn connections liked a post from a DEI race hustler that had the side by side pic of CC w/hand in face + Angel w/hand in face and went on some diatribe about bias and cultural bias, etc. But we all know that showing those two photos and implying that they are basically the same behaivor but just treated differently due to race is intellectually dishonest.

We all know that when CC did that it was in the heat of the game, vs a friend/rival and did not really do it right in someones face but rather did it while running back, maybe to the crowd a bit.

Angel had a bug up her ass from the second they were going to face Iowa. But, with the champ game well in hand, she chose to chase around CC to taunt her AND pointed to her ring finger. Great sportsmanship as the clock expires and time to celebrate your Natty!
Let’s talk about double standards. When’s someone gonna post a pic of Caitlin signing opposing fans autographs and Angel flipping off an opposing fan base is what I’d like to know. Can you imagine the outrage if Clark had said, “I’m doing this for the girls that look like me?” We can play that game too.

Angel Reese is irrelevant to me unless we're playing her. I don't care at all what she has to say quite frankly. Pretty evident she is latching onto CC and who would blame her. She likes being a villain just like her coach.

It's all much ado about nothing.

Being born tall is not a gift. Being born tall and athletic is a gift. Being really good at what you do details hard work and discipline and deserves plaudits.

All these apply to Caitlyn, along with being generational. She didn’t draw the attention to herself. I came organically. From people that recognize her accomplishments. People at the top of their craft. They see her.

Angel Reese is irrelevant to me unless we're playing her. I don't care at all what she has to say quite frankly. Pretty evident she is latching onto CC and who would blame her. She likes being a villain just like her coach.

It's all much ado about nothing.
Unless it hinders Iowa from winning a national championship.

Then it becomes personal business........... @Franisdaman

Reactions: DewHawk and AEG82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT