ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese says about Clark......

Being born tall is not a gift. Being born tall and athletic is a gift. Being really good at what you do details hard work and discipline and deserves plaudits.

All these apply to Caitlyn, along with being generational. She didn’t draw the attention to herself. I came organically. From people that recognize her accomplishments. People at the top of their craft. They see her.
This… a wolf never bothers with the opinions of sheep.

Jesus, people let it go.
giphy.gif

Of course, Iowa fans don't have to worry about it anymore. I'll be taking care of everything. :)

One week later, I'm looking at this situation differently. I think this whole trash talking and gesturing thing by Reese, along with her false comments about being so "hood" and so "getto" and "being disrespected" are part of her strategy to capture the NIL market directed at African-Americans. She's now the spokeswoman for a large line of health and beauty products. She has reportedly picked up another $465,000 in NIL deals since the NCAA Championship, many in that same niche market. She found the way to use the spotlight to her advantage. I'm not so sure that this ever had much to do with a personal grievance against Caitlin. I will never excuse her behavior, but I think I understand it now. And Ms. Reece will cease to occupy space in my head.

One week later, I'm looking at this situation differently. I think this whole trash talking and gesturing thing by Reese, along with her false comments about being so "hood" and so "getto" and "being disrespected" are part of her strategy to capture the NIL market directed at African-Americans. She's now the spokeswoman for a large line of health and beauty products. She has reportedly picked up another $465,000 in NIL deals since the NCAA Championship, many in that same niche market. She found the way to use the spotlight to her advantage. I'm not so sure that this ever had much to do with a personal grievance against Caitlin. I will never excuse her behavior, but I think I understand it now. And Ms. Reece will cease to occupy space in my head.
she's a grifter, we knew this already

She was definitely jealous of Clark's attention and she is not the only one.

That's what this boils down to.

You're giving way too much credit. She's not that smart to have a strategy to capture anything.

Clark keeps improving her stock
Reese is losing her stock

It's not been discussed in the media for obvious reasons but, LSU revealed Reese's GPA of 1.8 (???) which was the reason she was not in the POY conversation vs. Caitlin. It's easy to suspect she was not academically qualified to compete/play at Maryland (B1G), the reason she transferred to LSU.

Speculation of course, but simple sentence construction is beyond her reach, something a college freshmen/sophomore should have no issues with.

She's still running her mouth. Now she says she won't go to the White House but would love to visit the Obamas.
One would think at some point the school, coach, board, someone would shut her up. Lol

Everybody wants everything to be about race. It's a GD basketball. Let the young ladies play. If you can't stand to see players with dark skin play, go to North Dakota and watch high school games. Or get over yourselves.

Edit: I'm not addressing this to you. This is a rhetorical comment.

I think the biggest idiocy here was her saying CC disrespected SC players by not guarding them, which is utter nonsense.

Even if it were somehow true - how about the off the charts respect the Hawks showed for their inside players? They were guarding 2 players with 5!
There are a few on our mens team that have been disrespecting for years. Nothing negative has been said by our opponents after those games.

Clark took the high road and ended it. Great move, the type of move a true professional makes.

Reese keeps talking and doubling down. Makes herself look more jealous and petty every day.
I haven’t followed it much after the game…what did Reese continue to say after the game?

Samantha Prahalis is still atop the women's college basketball villain power rankings. For me, at least.
The game in Columbus when a call went against her, and she was jumping up and down yelling "**** **** ****" and crying. Total emotional meltdown. IIRC Jim Foster was their coach at the time, he should have pulled her and sent her to the locker room. I believe Bluder received an apology from the B10 supervisor of officials after that game.

Of course she would - CC did nothing but take the high road and give Reese praise and respect.
Exactly CC was smart in the long run, though I fear by placating Reese, this only attracts more bad behavior in the future, given the lack of consequences. I feel it is the media's job to do a better job dissecting the situation, but as usual, very few did their homework nor took an objective stance. Pathetic.

Exactly CC was smart in the long run, though I fear by placating Reese, this only attracts more bad behavior in the future, given the lack of consequences. I feel it is the media's job to do a better job dissecting the situation, but as usual, very few did their homework nor took an objective stance. Pathetic.
Just wait until the show next year. Pretty sure Mulkey won't be in charge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT