ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony F enrolled?

People used to be able to find out if an athlete was enrolled and taking classes. I have no idea how to do that and don't necessarily want to stalk someone. With that caveat has anyone checked if Anthony is enrolled for the 2nd semester? Should have started this week.
Both Anthony Ferrari and Albert J Ferrari have University of Iowa email addresses. Kadyn Proctor does as well.
People used to be able to find out if an athlete was enrolled and taking classes. I have no idea how to do that and don't necessarily want to stalk someone. With that caveat has anyone checked if Anthony is enrolled for the 2nd semester? Should have started this week.
Both Antony Ferrari and Albert J Ferrari have University of Iowa email addresses. Kadyn Proctor now does as well for those who are interested.

3 peas in a pod TTAJ.

To answer your dipshit question….because i care about the future of this program. New leadership needed badly! New AD too if she accepts AJ
You answered my dipshit question by proving me exactly right. Well done!

They are not winning it with or without them. So then it becomes does their presence hurt the program further than Chittum? Crappy recruiting up front is why they are down this road in the first place. That needs to get sorted ASAP. Lineup planning to go along with identifying, pursuing and signing high end highschool talent. If (that is a very big if) AJ and Anthony can be well behaved members of the team who are respectful of their teammates and the fans without causing controversy then their presence probably won't have much negative effect.

Others have stated that getting champs and winning big matches is about as big as the recruiting and goes hand in hand. I agree, If they behave and you get a few titles between AJ and Angelo then it becomes good move. Nothing against Anthony but I need to see more from him to even talk AA.

If the whole thing implodes, they jump ship, bad PR, no titles, no chittum, recruiting still a problem then it's a big blunder.
I strongly disagree. They most certainly would be the front runners next year with all Ferraris in the line up

I strongly disagree. They most certainly would be the front runners next year with all Ferraris in the line up
Front runners for what? You are high if you think adding those 3 makes us front runners next year. Do you realize Brooks and Truax are the only two PSU guys who have to be done after this year? Guys we have who could realistically project as meaningful AA point scorers are Drake, Calliendo, Arnold and AJ. Angelo is probably going to be too small to go 184 next year and has yet to wrestle a college match.

Reactions: globalhawk
It looked like the whole Ferrari clan was there at the Minnesota meet. Aj was signing autographs and taking pics with fans.

I’m not so sure the ship has sailed yet.
I definitely do not think the ship has sailed. If it has - why is he hanging in Iowa City and coming to meets….

Reactions: savage84
Front runners for what? You are high if you think adding those 3 makes us front runners next year. Do you realize Brooks and Truax are the only two PSU guys who have to be done after this year? Guys we have who could realistically project as meaningful AA point scorers are Drake, Calliendo, Arnold and AJ. Angelo is probably going to be too small to go 184 next year and has yet to wrestle a college match.
Angelo has a great frame and knows how to gain weight. He will get to 200+ pounds during the offseason.

Angelo has a great frame and knows how to gain weight. He will get to 200+ pounds during the offseason.
Not sure he will get that big. But hitting 200 is the goal no doubt. I believe he was 185-188 last summer

Not sure he will get that big. But hitting 200 is the goal no doubt. I believe he was 185-188 last summer
He won't have any problem getting that big. Another 10-15 lbs is easy for someone that age that's filling out. He has a great frame, work ethic, and know how to put on the pounds. Now my information is 3 weeks old so things could always change.

Last edited:

Yeah, that seemed like an odd view.
PSU can return the following AA-level candidates:
Davis
Nagao
Bartlett
Kasak
Van Ness
Haines
Mesenbrink
Facundo
Kerkvliet

Technically, they can return Starocci, but he has been pretty vocal that this will be his last season. Even if Bartlett and Kerk move on (doesn’t sound like they will), PSU still has a loaded stable, not to mention new guys coming in (e.g., Sealey, Ryder, the Mirasolas) to plug into some vacancies if needed.

If mid- to high AA potential is the measuring stick, PSU would seem to have the most firepower going into next season. Would be nice for you guys if Caliendo, Kennedy, and Arnold found a way to separate and man 165-184 without anyone giving up size or sucking down too much, enabling Angelo to RS. Glazier 197, AJ 285 (unless Kueter can get up to size).

Yeah, that seemed like an odd view.
PSU can return the following AA-level candidates:
Davis
Nagao
Bartlett
Kasak
Van Ness
Haines
Mesenbrink
Facundo
Kerkvliet

Technically, they can return Starocci, but he has been pretty vocal that this will be his last season. Even if Bartlett and Kerk move on (doesn’t sound like they will), PSU still has a loaded stable, not to mention new guys coming in (e.g., Sealey, Ryder, the Mirasolas) to plug into some vacancies if needed.

If mid- to high AA potential is the measuring stick, PSU would seem to have the most firepower going into next season. Would be nice for you guys if Caliendo, Kennedy, and Arnold found a way to separate and man 165-184 without anyone giving up size or sucking down too much, enabling Angelo to RS. Glazier 197, AJ 285 (unless Kueter can get up to size).
Glazier is done after this year and I would bet Kueter will be a full 240 by this time next year.

My guess is you see Arnold at 174 next year and either Kennedy or Angelo at 184. Big hole at 197 if AJ doesn’t slot in there for November 2024.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
Glazier is done after this year and I would bet Kueter will be a full 240 by this time next year.

My guess is you see Arnold at 174 next year and either Kennedy or Angelo at 184. Big hole at 197 if AJ doesn’t slot in there for November 2024.
Shouldn’t glazier still have his Covid year?

Think Kennedy too small for 184, Angelo probably is also unless he hits growth spurt. Zach cutting to 184 and AJ at 197 would be ideal, but I know Angelo doesn’t want to redshirt. Maybe he needs to find a way to wrestle a few decent college 184 this year to see how he stacks up. He would be better at 174, but obviously Gabe has that locked up.

Shouldn’t glazier still have his Covid year?
That’s what I was thinking. If not, then nevermind what I said about 197/285.

Having one of Caliendo, Kennedy, or Arnold sitting next year seems criminal, though. And I don’t see Caliendo or Kennedy as a 184. But if Arnold is top dog, he has the right to call his shot.

Having one of Caliendo, Kennedy, or Arnold sitting next year seems criminal, though. And I don’t see Caliendo or Kennedy as a 184. But if Arnold is top dog, he has the right to call his shot.
I think we see Kennedy at 57 next year

• Wow
Reactions: honkey69
As much a Is hate to say this, I may be in the give him another chance boat.

I watched his antics after the SS and I also so the social media presentation of it. Social media and regular media sure do have a way of making things look way worse than they are. Those still shot photos make it seem like he was in the splits for hours and that is where he practically lives.

He lost his head again and let his temper get the best of him. I am sure I did worse things than that when I was younger, but now with social media and all the virtue signaling people in the world, we stand ready to judge and prosecute anyone we can.
I watched it with my own two eyes and it was a sh!t show!!! Don't talk to me about social media and virtue signaling making it out to be more than it was.

• Wow
Reactions: el dub and foxb
Think Kennedy too small for 184, Angelo probably is also unless he hits growth spurt. Zach cutting to 184 and AJ at 197 would be ideal, but I know Angelo doesn’t want to redshirt. Maybe he needs to find a way to wrestle a few decent college 184 this year to see how he stacks up. He would be better at 174, but obviously Gabe has that locked up.
If Angelo wants to go 174 I definitely don't assume Gabe has it locked up. It seems that way now, but Angelo is number one for a reason and they could both be top 5 guys from the get go.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
If Angelo wants to go 174 I definitely don't assume Gabe has it locked up. It seems that way now, but Angelo is number one for a reason and they could both be top 5 guys from the get go.
Gabe has the build and strength to hang at 184, he’s just so short. I think his dad said he still hasn’t done a lot of heavy lifting, mostly calestenics, so the potential to add even more explosive power in the off season is there. Just need to find a few inches of height and reach. I do think Angelo will grow into 184, but even he said he was going 174 unless he ends up at Iowa, who want him at 184. I don’t think PK will be that effective sucking down to 157, or he would have done it last year with how load 165 was. It would be much easier to beat out Ferrari, who next year will have been away from competition for 2 1/2 years, and never trained consistently in a college room. On the other hand, I think 157 is his ideal weight, and will look better than he does sucked down to 149. Good problems for the team to have, PSU has these issues up and down the lineup.

Gabe has the build and strength to hang at 184, he’s just so short. I think his dad said he still hasn’t done a lot of heavy lifting, mostly calestenics, so the potential to add even more explosive power in the off season is there. Just need to find a few inches of height and reach. I do think Angelo will grow into 184, but even he said he was going 174 unless he ends up at Iowa, who want him at 184. I don’t think PK will be that effective sucking down to 157, or he would have done it last year with how load 165 was. It would be much easier to beat out Ferrari, who next year will have been away from competition for 2 1/2 years, and never trained consistently in a college room. On the other hand, I think 157 is his ideal weight, and will look better than he does sucked down to 149. Good problems for the team to have, PSU has these issues up and down the lineup.
Why not bring in some top talent instead of patching holes?

Why not bring in some top talent instead of patching holes?
We need to keep recruiting hammers. Blaze should be target #1 now. If AJ and/or Anthony keep their nose clean until next November, let them loose on the mat. If not, let them loose. I have serious doubts that they make it onto the team and I definitely wouldn't bank on it recruiting wise. Iowa needs to bring in at least 3 blue chip recruits every class or we are never catching top dog anytime soon. Fill in flops or injuries with transfers, not recruiting deficiencies. The writing is on the wall. Do it or continue to fall farther behind is Iowa/TnT's options.

I was wondering about this. Either cutting to 157 is probably not ideal, but of the 2, is one more realistic than the other?
One is going to have to cut 157. If neither can PK will be odd man out. Sucks, but it is a reality and a good problem as a team, just not so much individually.

Reactions: sstark46
I was wondering about this. Either cutting to 157 is probably not ideal, but of the 2, is one more realistic than the other?
I say this as someone with 0 inside information and no idea how plausible either scenario is.
All I know is, in my opinion, our best lineup next year would be PK and Caliendo taking 157 and 165 in either order
Everything I've ever heard is that PK is a true 165 and cannot make 157, so my hope is that Caliendo can instead be the one who goes 157.
However, the eye test to me shows that Caliendo is more 165 than PK and so if PK can't make it, then Caliendo can't. So it doesn't seem likely that our best lineup is Mikey at 157 and PK at 165

So the hope/question is, can either of them actually go 157, and if so, is it a legit cut where they would be effective, or would it be a sacrifice for the team and we shouldn't expect much

Reactions: Bobhaywood
Iowa should go out and find a true 157, I don’t see either Cali of PK effective down there, Cali is a cut guy and doesn’t seem like there’s a lot to trim off. PK just seems stocky enough that he’s will never see 157.

I spoke with Angelo at the SS. His plan was to get over 200 pounds during the off season. He's about as tall as AJ. He already looks bigger than the Bull. He's only 17 or 18 years old so putting on that weight as he naturally fills out won't be an issue. He also has the genetics and knowledge to put on muscle the correct way. Angelo being big enough for 184 is low on the concern list for next year.

I don't follow wrestling as much as others on this site, but I've watched every Iowa match the last few years and know all the major players in college wrestling. So, can Caliendo win a natty? He has looked so damn impressive lately.

Reactions: savage84
I don't follow wrestling as much as others on this site, but I've watched every Iowa match the last few years and know all the major players in college wrestling. So, can Caliendo win a natty? He has looked so damn impressive lately.

I would say no, but could get third or fourth or even sneak in as a finalist should Carr gets upset like two years ago if the bracket falls that way. I don't think O'toole is losing to anyone so he would need the 3 or 6 seed and to avoid the 4/5 seed if O'toole is the top seed to make the finals. Either way he's been fun to watch.

I would say no, but could get third or fourth or even sneak in as a finalist should Carr gets upset like two years ago if the bracket falls that way. I don't think O'toole is losing to anyone so he would need the 3 or 6 seed and to avoid the 4/5 seed if O'toole is the top seed to make the finals. Either way he's been fun to watch.
Hard to overlook Mesenbrink as well, his pace and offense is next level. He very well could be a finalist if he’s on the opposite side of KOT.

I think Hamati is still at Ohio St. Even the BT tournament will be a grind with Messenbrink also.

I don’t think he’s top 3 in the B1G, let alone the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT