ADVERTISEMENT

Any HROTERS going to “Unite The Right” Rally in Virgina?

You are correct that this is not the 1920's south. Neither is it the civil war south. Throw the statue in the ash heap of history where it belongs.

Why? Last night I watched 2 hours on the History of Nazi Germany. It was a reminder of just how nasty Hitler was. I think it is important to see that so it isn't repeated.

Reactions: Chuck C
I live in the south. I have several southern aquantences that don't call it the civil war . They refer to it as the war of northern aggression. The hate and racism is still very strong here.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a government funded operation with agent provocateurs to divide the masses. Not going.
Lol. That's why you aren't going? Not because you're not a white supremacist? But because you think it might be government funded? Not pure enough for you.

Looks like some people were killed by the white nationalist who plowed into the crowd at high speed

Why? Last night I watched 2 hours on the History of Nazi Germany. It was a reminder of just how nasty Hitler was. I think it is important to see that so it isn't repeated.

I actually used to think the same way. I'm a bit of a Civil War buff and I couldn't understand why commemorating people who fought was such a big deal. Then, watching battlefield after battlefield being removed for strip malls or housing projects, I realized that people don't actually love history, at least that's not why they want to protect statues of Confederates.

We could remember that Lee was President of Washington and Lee College after the War. Or we could remember that Longstreet was an United States Ambassador after the war. But is that what we are remembering?

Who are those people protesting today? Do we really think they care about anything but celebrating slavery? We don't need statues of Hitler to remember WW2. And we don't need statues of Confederates in uniform to remember slavery.

1280px-Lee_Park%2C_Charlottesville%2C_VA.jpg

Why is he in uniform in a place called Emancipation Park?

Reactions: UNIHawkfan
I actually used to think the same way. I'm a bit of a Civil War buff and I couldn't understand why commemorating people who fought was such a big deal. Then, watching battlefield after battlefield being removed for strip malls or housing projects, I realized that people don't actually love history, at least that's not why they want to protect statues of Confederates.

We could remember that Lee was President of Washington and Lee College after the War. Or we could remember that Longstreet was an United States Ambassador after the war. But is that what we are remembering?

Who are those people protesting today? Do we really think they care about anything but celebrating slavery? We don't need statues of Hitler to remember WW2. And we don't need statues of Confederates in uniform to remember slavery.

1280px-Lee_Park%2C_Charlottesville%2C_VA.jpg

Why is he in uniform in a place called Emancipation Park?

If you make it a big deal, it becomes a big deal. Just because a lot don't like history doesn't mean it isn't relevant.

You have a group of people in the minority who were marching. You let them March and they go away.

If you make it a big deal, it becomes a big deal. Just because a lot don't like history doesn't mean it isn't relevant.

You have a group of people in the minority who were marching. You let them March and they go away.

And the statue remains? History is for books and places. Statues are for commemoration. Commemorating a person who fought to keep slavery is wrong. Think about the times we lived in when these statues were erected. Things changed in the 1960's...would you put one up now? They've become the very symbol of the fools still fighting against Civil Rights.

I doubt that even most of the persons those statues were meant for would approve of them today. (Of course Nathan Bedford Forrest would....but he was an ahole.)

Reactions: youcantguardme
I couldn't believe it. He used the address to spin his Presidency like an effing infomercial. Just when I thought he couldn't get more pathetic. "Radical Conservative Terrorist". Why can't you say it, President Trump?
I was thinking about heading out to eat like Mclovin until I watched Trump but I lost my appetite. Congress needs to remove him from office. That would raise their approval rating by 40 points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT