ADVERTISEMENT

Ayala

McKee over Ybarra by major likely. He could probably dance around and keep it closer but that strategy excludes trying to win the match. Jesse needs to show he is capable of some kind of offensive execution.

That is extremely disappointing.
The problem I sometimes have is when the staff vacillates about line ups. Sending three guys to a tourney to duke it out for a spot and then inserting various guys on different weeks is odd without having all of the facts.

We saw Ybarra. We saw Ayala. Pick a course of action and get on with it. No need for Jedi mind tricks.

That is extremely disappointing.
Complete guess that Assad losing a year of eligibility in 2020 might affect how quickly they remove Drake’s RS. Lot of events being cancelled/postponed of late. Sports being shut down. Caution isn’t such a bad thing at the moment when it applies to DA’s eligibility. I think NCAAs will happen but it’s a weird time at the moment.

The problem I sometimes have is when the staff vacillates about line ups. Sending three guys to a tourney to duke it out for a spot and then inserting various guys on different weeks is odd without having all of the facts.

We saw Ybarra. We saw Ayala. Pick a course of action and get on with it. No need for Jedi mind tricks.
Or maybe the scuffle was a really exhausting tournament especially for a young guy like Ayala and they want to give him more than a 5 day rest before they send him back out against a super strong and physical guy like McKee.

Doesn't always have to be mind tricks, sometimes the simple answer is the right one.

Or maybe the scuffle was a really exhausting tournament especially for a young guy like Ayala and they want to give him more than a 5 day rest before they send him back out against a super strong and physical guy like McKee.

Doesn't always have to be mind tricks, sometimes the simple answer is the right one.
These guys are 18-25 year olds. If they can't recover in 5 days better go see a Doctor.

Complete guess that Assad losing a year of eligibility in 2020 might affect how quickly they remove Drake’s RS. Lot of events being cancelled/postponed of late. Sports being shut down. Caution isn’t such a bad thing at the moment when it applies to DA’s eligibility. I think NCAAs will happen but it’s a weird time at the moment.

idk. Only seniors got robbed of a year last time.

idk. Only seniors got robbed of a year last time.
Actually everyone got robbed of a year in 2020 who wasn't in redshirt. Then everyone got one back in 2021. I guess I look at it as 2 separate events. This would be the 3rd event. Could potentially get robbed of a year in 2022 with no assurance of getting it back. I have no idea how the NCAA will handle the tourney or eligibility this year so caution is warranted IMO.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
Actually everyone got robbed of a year in 2020 who wasn't in redshirt. Then everyone got one back in 2021. I guess I look at it as 2 separate events. This would be the 3rd event. Could potentially get robbed of a year in 2022 with no assurance of getting it back. I have no idea how the NCAA will handle the tourney or eligibility this year so caution is warranted IMO.

Bottom line - only Seniors lost a year. I understand caution, but you can’t make a decision based on that kind of conjecture. Might as well redshirt everyone you can if you think that might happen.

Sigh. You know how much I agree.

This is Tom saying to Ybarra, "Okay, I'm giving you a shot. Because I'm so conflicted about who 'wants' it more, and I think you could be our starter. Really. Just like Siebrecht and Wilson." Wink, wink.

At least Ybarra can't complain that the rug was pulled out from under him.

Wake me up when this charade is over.

Sigh. You know how much I agree.

This is Tom saying to Ybarra, "Okay, I'm giving you a shot. Because I'm so conflicted about who 'wants' it more, and I think you could be our starter. Really. Just like Siebrecht and Wilson." Wink, wink.

At least Ybarra can't complain that the rug was pulled out from under him.

Wake me up when this charade is over.
Sigh.

It's amazing to me that as a former high level wrestler you can't possibly comprehend other reasons for Wilson or Siebrecht to be going other than Tom and Terry playing mind games.

Did they whoop up on you too bad when you were in the room and you have some inherent jealousy, or would you be this way no matter who our coach was?

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Sigh.

It's amazing to me that as a former high level wrestler you can't possibly comprehend other reasons for Wilson or Siebrecht to be going other than Tom and Terry playing mind games.

Did they whoop up on you too bad when you were in the room and you have some inherent jealousy, or would you be this way no matter who our coach was?
He's not wrong. That should be abundantly clear by now. But whatever.

Reactions: js8793 and el dub
He's not wrong. That should be abundantly clear by now. But whatever.
Well, actually he is. That should be abundantly clear by now.

Ybarra goes and then Spencer decides to forgo the season, all the sudden swafford is going 74, do you think that is a "game" to teach Nelson a lesson for not shooting enough?

If your excuse is "but Abe and Murin wrestled and looked perfectly healthy" then all I'll say is Spencer wrestled and looked relatively healthy for having no ACLS and it turns out his knees were swelling up huge and he was in a lot of pain every practice/match.

These guys are tough, just because you haven't heard about an injury or because they looked "fine" doesn't mean they don't have something going on. But whatever.

Reactions: Gobblin and johnyt9
Well, actually he is. That should be abundantly clear by now.

Ybarra goes and then Spencer decides to forgo the season, all the sudden swafford is going 74, do you think that is a "game" to teach Nelson a lesson for not shooting enough?

If your excuse is "but Abe and Murin wrestled and looked perfectly healthy" then all I'll say is Spencer wrestled and looked relatively healthy for having no ACLS and it turns out his knees were swelling up huge and he was in a lot of pain every practice/match.

These guys are tough, just because you haven't heard about an injury or because they looked "fine" doesn't mean they don't have something going on. But whatever.
LOL!

Chief, are DIIIs in CR an option for you?

We’ll see. Have to find a team to root for and follow I guess.
Chiefy

Detroit has a cool inner city vibe going in DT. I think your wif would like it. Just don't venture outside of city center.

Then too, for history, nothing beats the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.

GM has their own "historical car museum" which is invite only. I have an "in" to see it while at Nats. If you're there, lmk

Will do. Thanks bro.

We’ll see. Have to find a team to root for and follow I guess.

I've probably got some spare Wartburg gear I'd gift you :)

And as much as it kills me, ive got cousins starting for the Auggies, but you can only root for them individually, not the whole team

I used to have a lot of respect for Tarphawk. I still respect what time spent in the room. The last few years he chooses to take a negative slant whenever he doesn't know what's going on. I normally ignore it but when someone else calls him out, and people side with Tarp thinking he knows anything it is time to let some of you know he really doesn't.
In this thread specifically he clearly doesn't know anything about what's going on with Siebrecht and Wilson. He has his followers that think differently and in turn look silly. I can tell you with 100% fact he doesn't know anything about the situation. More often that not he comes across like a jilted dude to those that actually know what's going on. Sorry Tarp but I've bit my tongue long enough while you post your uninformed smart ass digs. It's doing other fans a disservice letting them think you know anything about the roster situation.

I used to have a lot of respect for Tarphawk. I still respect what time spent in the room. The last few years he chooses to take a negative slant whenever he doesn't know what's going on. I normally ignore it but when someone else calls him out, and people side with Tarp thinking he knows anything it is time to let some of you know he really doesn't.
In this thread specifically he clearly doesn't know anything about what's going on with Siebrecht and Wilson. He has his followers that think differently and in turn look silly. I can tell you with 100% fact he doesn't know anything about the situation. More often that not he comes across like a jilted dude to those that actually know what's going on. Sorry Tarp but I've bit my tongue long enough while you post your uninformed smart ass digs. It's doing other fans a disservice letting them think you know anything about the roster situation.
Respect or not, @TarpHawk has stated his opinion and has never claimed to have inside info that I can recall.

#UnicornsandRainbows

Respect or not, @TarpHawk has stated his opinion and has never claimed to have inside info that I can recall.

#UnicornsandRainbows
heaven forbid anybody post their opinion on a message board.

sometimes it feels like people on here forget we’re not on the team. i like tom brands, but i don’t need to put faith in him as the leader of my team because i’m not on the team. i can question and criticize decisions he makes and his performance from the cheap seats all i want and still maintain a strong fandom of the team. that’s part of being a fan. that’s why message boards and sports radio exist.

i doubt anybody applies this weird standard to any other team they root for.

heaven forbid anybody post their opinion on a message board.

sometimes it feels like people on here forget we’re not on the team. i like tom brands, but i don’t need to put faith in him as the leader of my team because i’m not on the team. i can question and criticize decisions he makes and his performance from the cheap seats all i want and still maintain a strong fandom of the team. that’s part of being a fan. that’s why message boards and sports radio exist.

i doubt anybody applies this weird standard to any other team they root for.
The only weird standard I see applied is whenever a starter doesn't wrestle, 3/4 of the forum assumes our coaches are playing mind games or sitting them for some other silly reason.

What happened to the reasonable standard of finding out a guy isn't wrestling and thinking "wow what a bummer that we don't get to see him, I hope he's okay"?

Instead, it's "omg Tom and Terry how dare you sit this guy I never heard about an injury obviously he's fine this is ridiculous the fans deserve to see him!"

Reactions: Gobblin

Rather than attack Tarp personally, you might explain why "with 100% fact he doesn't know anything about the situation." That would be helpfully informative. Otherwise, a lot of us will still be wondering why it was necessary to throw Ybarra to the wolves this weekend.

Fans want to see the starting lineup of their favorite Team every single time whether it's a mat, court, field or rink. That's your expectation as a fan when you pay for tickets, streaming services, travel and lodging, etc. Your time and money is invested.

When you don't get that and you know why, you deal with it. When you don't get that and you don't know why it's frustrating as hell. You've got a season ticket holder base that sold out Carver Hawkeye for the first time ever, and those fans have yet to see the 10 starters of the Defending National Champions assembled together competing, 2 months into the season, and they don't know why that is.

Now you can make the argument that half the Team is consistently injured and it's a secret what that injury is. Fine. But that's not what comes out of Iowa City. Fans are left to speculate what the hell is going on. That's bad for business IMO. And not all fans live in the vicinity and have minimal time invested to go see whatever lineup gets trotted out there. From my perspective Iowa is doing their fanbase a disservice with all the cloak and dagger bullshit. That's my opinion as a fan that's been following this Program longer than many reading this have been alive.

For me personally I have a 6 hour drive one way to Iowa City. You let me know in advance who I'm going to see when I get there and I'll make my decision whether to show up or not. In all likelihood I'm not driving 6 hours to watch Iowa's Junior Varsity in Wrestling or any other Sport. Call me a bad fan, I'll deal with it.

The only weird standard I see applied is whenever a starter doesn't wrestle, 3/4 of the forum assumes our coaches are playing mind games or sitting them for some other silly reason.

What happened to the reasonable standard of finding out a guy isn't wrestling and thinking "wow what a bummer that we don't get to see him, I hope he's okay"?

Instead, it's "omg Tom and Terry how dare you sit this guy I never heard about an injury obviously he's fine this is ridiculous the fans deserve to see him!"
are you saying ayala is hurt? because we just saw him compete a couple days ago and that’s the specific situation tarp was talking about.

on the flip side if you’re going to criticize some and allude to some kind of insider knowledge, you should post what you know. put your money where your mouth is. it’s annoying how many people on here do the whole “i know but i can’t tell you” bs.

from the outside, this looks like a hesitation to pull a redshirt and that’s exactly the kind of coaching decision that forums exist for so fans can debate.

Rather than attack Tarp personally, you might explain why "with 100% fact he doesn't know anything about the situation." That would be helpfully informative. Otherwise, a lot of us will still be wondering why it was necessary to throw Ybarra to the wolves this weekend.
Um because Tarp's busy on the east coast writing books and Acuhawk is actually tuned into things?

Anything past that isn't any of yours or any other fan's (including mine) business.

I mean what do you expect, people who know are just gonna come on here and say "yeah, it really sucks that we haven't seen Spencer yet, turns out his knees have been way worse than expected." Cue the next time Spencer wrestles and the guys are just diving at legs trying to twist them up.

The fact that any of you think we have a right to know what's going on with these guys injury wise just baffles me. If the forum knows, then the public knows, which is a competitive disadvantage to our guys.

are you saying ayala is hurt? because we just saw him compete a couple days ago and that’s the specific situation tarp was talking about.

on the flip side if you’re going to criticize some and allude to some kind of insider knowledge, you should post what you know. put your money where your mouth is. it’s annoying how many people on here do the whole “i know but i can’t tell you” bs.

from the outside, this looks like a hesitation to pull a redshirt and that’s exactly the kind of coaching decision that forums exist for so fans can debate.
Don't know anything about Drake's situation, but it's not like these guys would need a season ending injury to miss a meet. Why risk it if you're a little "banged up" (ie hurt).

Why does it have to be so black and white, injured or fine?

And if you're gonna talk hesitancy to pull a redshirt that's something I would entertain as an option, but to sit here and say TnT have just spent the season playing mind games with half the team is asinine.

Reactions: Gobblin
"Nut up or shut up" I love it. Anybody foolish enough to spout truly insider information on a public forum would certainly find themselves not having insider information anymore.

For me, I see somebody tuned in like Novak or Acuhawk message somebody and say what that person is saying is demonstrably false is enough for me, and I recognize that any details are none of my business, but they would know.

If my best friend tells me he has cancer and asks me not to tell anybody, I'm sure as hell not going to the local grocery store and telling everybody I see "hey did you hear about Billy? He has cancer!" If TnT or any wrestlers wanted you/the general public to know they were hurt, they'd tell you. Till that happens, it's nobody's place or business to tell you a damn thing.

Reactions: Gobblin and acuhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT