ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten session 2 discussion

3rd period Assad vs Cochran. Blood time. Score is 2-2. Cochran in on a shot. Scramble.. TD Cochran 2-4. 1 min left. More blood time for Cochran. Double boots in for Coc. Escape Assad. 3-4. 20 secs. Abe loses 3-4

Reactions: Jrjt0518
I think he's about peaked against Sasso. And neither of them will touch Yianni Diakomihalis
Max is tough, just not quite good enough. Took a really good shot that would have taken most people down, but Sasso is slick and rolled out pretty easy. He wrestled pretty good, just not good enough to beat a guy that's better than he is.

he was going to end up on his back if he didn't. sasso had the bottom leg hooked and was under the arms working a half.
I'll have to rewatch. At the time I wasn't sure why he was so flippant in giving up the TD but sounds like I didn't see what Sasso had

#4 Warner vs #9 Hoffman

Halfway through 1 no score. Warner almost gets a TD but loses it.

End of 1 no score

Reactions: Jrjt0518
Iowa doesn’t shoot in tight matches in third periods and if they happen to get to a leg we are very poor at finishing. Ayala, Murin, young, Assad all have been close but don’t finish TDs and then give up TDs to shoots late in matches. We really need to spend more time on finishing cleaner. It is very difficult but just watch the top guys they get it done in the third.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT