ADVERTISEMENT

Bluder not happy w/ what she's getting from Addison O'Grady, Sharon Goodman & A.J. Ediger

For those that think Gabby is good at her job, I have a question. How would we do with 5 players like that? Score 15-30 pts a game (at 3-6 per player). If you are not scoring, not rebounding and not handling the ball, what are you doing on the court.

What if five Gabbie Marshalls were playing against five Gabbie Marshalls?

Lol, yeah, all of those 2 foot FGs were in transition and off the dribble. Lololol.

You're precious. Keep being you.

Ok…I do feel bad for some of you cats. You are so desperate to make me upset or embarrassed & it truly pisses you off when it doesn’t…

McaMahon is 6 foot tall, I’d be willyto wager not once was she matched up with our post…🤷‍♂️ but what the hell, believe what you want…

You boys typically do…

Not flying bud…

Ok…I do feel bad for some of you cats. You are so desperate to make me upset or embarrassed & it truly pisses you off when it doesn’t…

McaMahon is 6 foot tall, I’d be willyto wager not once was she matched up with our post…🤷‍♂️ but what the hell, believe what you want…

You boys typically do…

Not flying bud…
Exactly. And all 12 of her made FGs were within 2 feet of the basket. Even mediocre post defense wouldn't have allowed that. See, this isn't that hard.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Exactly. And all 12 of her made FGs were within 2 feet of the basket. Even mediocre post defense wouldn't have allowed that. See, this isn't that hard.

Riiiggghhhhttttt….so what happened in the K-st game, Va Tech, the first IU game and so and so on…

I’ll wait, I know it will take sometime.

As far as that goes CC is ****ing up some post players…

And it’s funny our post defense was poor last year and we had fans too dumb to notice….😂

It’s also funny the post issues come and go….oh and we still had them last year when we had a post.

You honestly can’t make this shit up…

Riiiggghhhhttttt….so what happened in the K-st game, Va Tech, the first IU game and so and so on…

I’ll wait, I know it will take sometime.

As far as that goes CC is ****ing up some post players…

And it’s funny our post defense was poor last year and we had fans too dumb to notice….😂

It’s also funny the post issues come and go….oh and we still had them last year when we had a post.

You honestly can’t make this shit up…
Interesting pivot, lol.

Our post D wasn't that great last year either.

Agreed and clearly she’s on top of it, but it is what it is….

We’ve played some great centers and won, but it would sure be nice to get a little consistency. Addy had a tough day.
They are not very coordinated overall but we have a great low post coach they will come around

Reactions: cmhawks99
Interesting pivot, lol.

Our post D wasn't that great last year either.

No pivot, just a fact. Here’s the rub bud, if we beat Cotie McMahon and tOSU @ home it won’t be because of post defense. If she gets that far in, we are F-ed. If we stop her it will because they stop the dribble drive. I apologize that doesn’t help your case but it’s been talked about by sports people in the media and in here….

She had to be stopped outside, in the lane is to close.

Same with CC, if she gets that close your ****ed one way or another…pass or layup.

If you’ve decide to call that post defense, so be it, but the coaches aren't working on their post D, they are working on stopping the dribble drive just so you know….🤷‍♂️

There's a thing called YouTube where they put highlights of games up that way you don't have to look at shot charts. McMahon got the ball at the foul line a lot and used her speed/athleticism to drive on our bigs. Monica wouldn't have stopped her either. The only argument you could make is that Czinano would have got her in foul trouble when we had the ball (which isn't a bad argument fyi).

Lol, yeah, all of those 2 foot FGs were in transition and off the dribble. Lololol.

You're precious. Keep being you.

Last edited:
There's a thing called YouTube where they put highlights of games up that way you don't have to look at shot charts. McMahon got the ball at the foul line a lot and used her speed/athleticism to drive on our bigs. Monica wouldn't have stopped her either. The only argument you could make is that Czinano would have got her in four trouble when we had the ball (which isn't a bad argument fyi).

Cool…. i’ve got to be brutally honest with you and myself for that matter. I’d kind of lost any interest in moving forward on this and I knew damn good well I wasn’t gonna look for any evidence I am not a big video linker but the overall point still remains that young lady is tough as nails and she’s going to be tough when she gets inside, I don’t care who she’s playing against. She had to be stopped outside….

I/E: She wasn’t posting up, but more impressively it was shocking she could get the ball 15 to 18 feet out and make some moves and again, usually knock over a couple people, but score…

Props….

Last edited:
There's a thing called YouTube where they put highlights of games up that way you don't have to look at shot charts. McMahon got the ball at the foul line a lot and used her speed/athleticism to drive on our bigs. Monica wouldn't have stopped her either. The only argument you could make is that Czinano would have got her in four trouble when we had the ball (which isn't a bad argument fyi).

I like your last point about Monica however, if you really think about it, there’s no way they would’ve had Cotie McMahon guarding Monica. It would be a horrible matchup both ways, hell they’d probably both go off for 40….

Although I suppose theoretically, if it were to happen, McMahon would foul a lot…🤷‍♂️

But yes, that video is how I remembered it too!

Reactions: WDSMHAWK
There's a thing called YouTube where they put highlights of games up that way you don't have to look at shot charts. McMahon got the ball at the foul line a lot and used her speed/athleticism to drive on our bigs. Monica wouldn't have stopped her either. The only argument you could make is that Czinano would have got her in foul trouble when we had the ball (which isn't a bad argument fyi).

Thanks for posting. Those highlights showed exactly what I was talking about, horrible defense in the post. There were only a few where she got the ball out by the FT line and drove, and that was against us in a zone D. So I don't know how you can say that's not bad post D. Most of her highlights show her being fed the ball in the lane and abusing our bigs down by the basket.

Reactions: shudaddy
Thanks for posting. Those highlights showed exactly what I was talking about, horrible defense in the post. There were only a few where she got the ball out by the FT line and drove, and that was against us in a zone D. So I don't know how you can say that's not bad post D. Most of her highlights show her being fed the ball in the lane and abusing our bigs down by the basket.

This is a silly argument at this point in time and I don’t mean that in a condescending way it’s bad ****ing defense, PERIOD!

But a zone starts out front with guard play & penetration. If they get it inside like that, you have trouble, that’s what a zone is… they want you to beat them from outside. We just flat don’t play a dominating style of defense and never have under Bluder. None of our fantastic Posts, were good defenders. Megan Gustafson was a dynamite player. That’s actually when I really started watching these girls play some again, but she couldn’t guard a fireplace if she was chained to it

tOSU were dribble, driving the ball into the lane. They wasnt posting her up on the block, wildly different scenario….

A 6-4, 6-6 athletic center would be too intimidating to throw anybody in there like that against her. It wouldn’t happen m, they enter from up top to the foul line…. that’s basketball….🤷‍♂️

This is a silly argument at this point in time and I don’t mean that in a condescending way it’s bad ****ing defense, PERIOD!

But a zone starts out front with guard play & penetration. If they get it inside like that, you have trouble, that’s what a zone is… they want you to beat them from outside. We just flat don’t play a dominating style of defense and never have under Bluder. None of our fantastic Posts, were good defenders. Megan Gustafson was a dynamite player. That’s actually when I really started watching these girls play some again, but she couldn’t guard a fireplace if she was chained to it

tOSU were dribble, driving the ball into the lane. They wasnt posting her up on the block, wildly different scenario….

A 6-4, 6-6 athletic center would be too intimidating to throw anybody in there like that against her. It wouldn’t happen m, they enter from up top to the foul line…. that’s basketball….🤷‍♂️
You said we weren't losing any games because of our post play. We lost @tOSU because of horrendous defense in the post. Sure there were a few where she got the ball outside and drove the lane, but on most we had our bigs on her and she was getting the ball in the paint and backing them down at will.

Reactions: shudaddy
You said we weren't losing any games because of our post play. We lost @tOSU because of horrendous defense in the post. Sure there were a few where she got the ball outside and drove the lane, but on most we had our bigs on her and she was getting the ball in the paint and backing them down at will.

🤷‍♂️….dude, she dribbled past people &/or through them, everytime! She went “past 2 people to get to the post, who was guarding “someone else”

PS… We don’t play good post defense ever as you’ve seen a couple of us say, and this defense is actually better than any of the previous…

Our big suck at post defense. We are completely different team, sans Megan and Monica!

We’re old school UNLV mens basketball….😂😂 Run and gun, man to see them racing down the court is awesome!!!

That’s what we are, to me. Sure, plenty of tongue in cheek, but we can play some defense sporadically. But inside has never been one of those places per se, but we are a more versatile team now. There are very few centers that could play with us the way we like to play offense, and be a good defender, too….

Last edited:
Well here’s the deal, most didn’t expect this team to be this strong and yet they are, so it doesn’t matter.

I generally don’t have a heavy-handed criticism of anyone, unless I know a lot of details, for example, how they affect chemistry, how long they have to play, will their overall game mesh with our overall game, are they positive, good work ethic, selfish, versatile, etc…

Only a person that literally you should never listen to would come to a decision about something they have pretty much no details on…

Just sayin’…

Unless of course you’re one of those guys that just thinks adding anyone works… And if you are that guy, I have a question for you….

Do you think adding two or three All-Stars from another team will automatically make your roster and overall team better?
To anyone that actually understands the game(which doesn’t include you), it was obvious that without some development miracle…..none of our returning 5’s would get us back to the Final 4.

When you have a generational talent with enough good pieces around her…..you risk messing with team chemistry to fill your one glaring weakness.

Reactions: Macbride79
Don’t even bother trying to argue with cmhawks…..he’s one of the least knowledgeable posters of the regulars on here.

Most of his takes are so moronic, I can’t help but just shake my head & laugh.😂

Reactions: Tunadog
To anyone that actually understands the game(which doesn’t include you), it was obvious that without some development miracle…..none of our returning 5’s would get us back to the Final 4.

When you have a generational talent with enough good pieces around her…..you risk messing with team chemistry to fill your one glaring weakness.

Well, OK then… I believe if you polled the board, you’d probably find, even people that routinely disagree with me and the way, I say things at times, would not specifically look at that game, and say wow we need a better interior presence, and then immediately think of Monica, so we have never had that my friend and we are better now because of it.. I don’t believe there was a center out there. That honestly could’ve improved this team, there are other things right now. I wish we had to be perfectly honest…

I don’t wish for another Monica or another Megan for this team right now. If we could have had somebody that could sprint up and down the floor with us similar to Hannah S, just another one of her as an athlete, that’s what I’d hope for…

And we did chase several of them. The Morrow girl from Depaul was probably my biggest want!!!

Well, OK then… I believe if you polled the board, you’d probably find, even people that routinely disagree with me and the way, I say things at times, would not specifically look at that game, and say wow we need a better interior presence, and then immediately think of Monica, so we have never had that my friend and we are better now because of it.. I don’t believe there was a center out there. That honestly could’ve improved this team, there are other things right now. I wish we had to be perfectly honest…

I don’t wish for another Monica or another Megan for this team right now. If we could have had somebody that could sprint up and down the floor with us similar to Hannah S, just another one of her as an athlete, that’s what I’d hope for…

And we did chase several of them. The Morrow girl from Depaul was probably my biggest want!!!
I’m not even sure what the hell you’re rambling on about here.

Here’s a bit of friendly advice……if you don’t know much about a sport, it’s not wise to continually try to argue with those that do. I like getting on the wrestling board, but mostly to like helpful posts & ask occasional questions. I didn’t play/coach the sport, so I’m not about to start arguing with the guys that did.

Should be just common sense, but guess not.

I don't know what you were watching but outside of a couple putbacks a majority of McMahon's points were her catching it at 10-12 feet out, facing up, and driving around Martin/Stuelke/AOG. That has nothing to do with post defense. And I doubt Monika would have been able to stay in front of her if the other girls couldn't.

Like others have mentioned Iowa has done a pretty good job this year against "traditional" bigs that like to post up. It’s the athletic bigs that have given them trouble. Adding Czinano to the roster wouldn't fix that defensive issue.

You’re a good poster, so I hope I don’t come off as snarky here, but the problem with message boards and fans in general. Are they honestly think they see exactly what’s going on and yet if you caught them in a moment of brazen, honesty, you’d realize they’re using faulty, thought processes from the beginning….

For example, I know for a fact just about a month ago when everybody was bitching about the rebounding, and a couple of us came through and pointed out. We actually are a better rebounding team this year, they were shocked. We have four players currently on this team, averaging as many or more rebounds than Monica did….

She also was turnover prone, as was Michelle Warnock, 2+ per game for both of them, they didn’t block shots and they didn’t get steals.

She was not a good post defender or great rebounder, she just wasn’t, but fans refuse to get that.

I do agree with the “having fun” problem as it pertains to CC, she just looks like she’s been pressing lately.
I think what CC and probably the entire team miss most about Monica is her leadership. She was always good at helping CC calm down after a bad call and not play upset. CC plays her best when she’s smiling and playing loose, which the rest of the team then feeds off of.

I think what CC and probably the entire team miss most about Monica is her leadership. She was always good at helping CC calm down after a bad call and not play upset. CC plays her best when she’s smiling and playing loose, which the rest of the team then feeds off of.

That is a very interesting overlaying point and gets to the heart of my feelings of rosters and turnover/graduation/Portal.. if/and’s & adding to rosters poorly…

2 Elite All star transfers, ( was it 3 ) went to the same school and they are good, very dangerous, the best 5 girls,6 really…on one roster. But not measured at all…

I like our 6/7 person roster a lot. I very much like it against the rest of the top five and 10, but LSU is proven and elite, and they are struggling for consistency.!!!

Reactions: Hendy hawk

She wouldn't have been guarding MC. She's not a post player.....

CM, what was your previous handle? you seem to be an angry little man complaining about complaining on a message board. You sound a bit like "TheTruth" guy.
If you are some high and mighty fan that thinks coaches can do no wrong, why the hell are you here? Are you hoping fran and lisa see you in the stands and say: wow there's CMhawks99, he really gets us.
Kirk F, is a hall of fame coach and he makes mistakes all the time and he would admit to that. Coaches have blind spots for players all the time. You act like every decision they make is beyond contest. When in fact they are fallible and that is part of the fun of a message board.
Fran M is an awful defensive coach. He may know the X's and O's but will not commit to playing defense which has led to 0 success in the NCAA tournament. Is he automatically right because "he's at practice everyday". How does any coach ever get fired if they are always right as you suggest?

Last edited:
CM, what was your previous handle? you seem to be an angry little man complaining about complaining on a message board. You sound a bit like "TheTruth" guy.
If you are some high and mighty fan that thinks coaches can do no wrong, why the hell are you here? Are you hoping fran and lisa see you in the stands and say: wow there's CMhawks99, he really gets us.
Kirk F, is a hall of fame coach and he makes mistakes all the time and he would admit to that. Coaches have blind spots for players all the time. You act like every decision they make is beyond contest. When in fact they are fallible and that is part of the fun of a message board.
Fran M is an awful defensive coach. He may know the X's and O's but will not commit to playing defense which has led to 0 success in the NCAA tournament. Is he automatically right because "he's at practice everyday". How does any coach ever get fired if they are always right as you suggest?
I have seen his posts before on the football board and mostly ignored them because the dude honestly has to have something wrong upstairs in the noggin and I'm saying in the most respectful way I can. That's why I quit even responding, almost like we're dealing with Tommy from Des Moines... Iowa has some odd fans.

lol…..nope not angry, and I’ve had same handle for 23 years.

I just want you guys to get what you give because you aren’t infallible either. In fact, generally speaking, I find those of you that have strong, hostile vitriol….

Generally, I wouldn’t trust your opinions on anything… I don’t come to a message board to hear you guys talk about how awful we are and how bad we “coached “..

Sorry, that’s not what a message board is to me…🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm just hoping someone on here will be in touch with Bluder and her staff prior to OSU coming to town. lol

I'm just hoping someone on here will be in touch with Bluder and her staff prior to OSU coming to town. lol

Exactly, because since she’s not infallible @Bulldogs1974 feels like we need to voice our opinion. You know, because she doesn’t know what we are doing.

The old nobodies infallible line, you know, so it’s ok to bitch incessantly about who is playing….and I’ve got something wrong with me.

Last edited:
Unfortunately - I think our downfall in the tourney will be lack of a consistent big. CC can’t do it all. We can’t have players who are on again, off again from the outside. And the 2-3 bigs are inconsistent as heck.

Reactions: Tunadog and BGHAWK
Unfortunately - I think our downfall in the tourney will be lack of a consistent big. CC can’t do it all. We can’t have players who are on again, off again from the outside. And the 2-3 bigs are inconsistent as heck.

Again, from what I’ve seen national everyone is inconsistent everywhere, bigs, guards, game to game, quarter to quarter..…except SC…

At the end of the day, we won’t lose because of our Posts, it will be because we don’t play “our” style well enough…

If these teams with all these great Posts weren’t losing games and had their own weaknesses, I guess I’d be worried…

Reactions: Rustys Dad
Exactly, because since she’s not infallible @Bulldogs1974 feels like we need to voice our opinion. You know, because she doesn’t know what we are doing.

The old nobodies infallible line, you know, so it’s ok to bitch incessantly about who is playing….and I’ve got something wrong with me.
No one said she didn't know what she was doing. I find it funny you can't comprehend what a message board is. you truly are a sad little man.

I guess I’d like the person that has been with these girls for 1 year, 3 years, 5 years to play who she thinks should play….

Seems pretty simple to me…🤷‍♂️
Yes, because coaches never get overly invested in a player and refuse to bench them in order to play a promising younger player

You are correct, this never happens except all the time

Cinzano was also pretty reliable as a dump down, she posted hard and early. The thing I'm starting to realize is that Monica was able to play with Clark so well is because she had the prior year to develop her post game. The 3 bigs cant get enough consistent quality minutes/touches to work through the timing and physicality they need to bring. This was partly because Monica go so many minutes, and partially because using Hannah at the 5 gives works now. Its really hard to be patient and develop the bigs. Fans would have been howling at why they sucked at the beginning of the year, but we would be a better teeam now.

Yes, because coaches never get overly invested in a player and refuse to bench them in order to play a promising younger player

You are correct, this never happens except all the time

Because you say so….easy to control the outcome when you hold the deciding opinion. LOL

Some of your guys arguments are so poor. Nobody on here thinks ANYONE is infallible. Hell we read these boards daily. It’s the poster child of “the fail” in humanity….DOH!

It us however her decision to make and actually may indeed be the right decision fir this team. It’s honestly not provable but that doesn’t keep you dopes from assure yourself your right and she isn’t….LOL

Again laughable right….@Bulldogs1974

No one said she didn't know what she was doing. I find it funny you can't comprehend what a message board is. you truly are a sad little man

Yea it is funny, they should call it an “axe to grind board, for impetulant children who think they know better” ….

That would be a more accurate description….😂

Cinzano was also pretty reliable as a dump down, she posted hard and early. The thing I'm starting to realize is that Monica was able to play with Clark so well is because she had the prior year to develop her post game. The 3 bigs cant get enough consistent quality minutes/touches to work through the timing and physicality they need to bring. This was partly because Monica go so many minutes, and partially because using Hannah at the 5 gives works now. Its really hard to be patient and develop the bigs. Fans would have been howling at why they sucked at the beginning of the year, but we would be a better teeam now.

Fans howling….never

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT