total 14 starters and 5 reserves
now these are the ones committed
QB Resar
RB Williams and Doll
TE Burt
OL Fox, Nolan, McCaslin and Janoski
LB Ries, Buffington and Weisskopf
DL Campbell
that makes 12 to date. really like who they have to date that have committed to replace the outgoing players.

Reactions: Bishop1971 and F5n5
but for reality they won't have to come in and play right away. the last 3 years they have been building up the overall depth to avoid what happened the last 2 years. that top 25 class will be RSSO's this fall.

Reactions: F5n5 and Bishop1971
but for reality they won't have to come in and play right away. the last 3 years they have been building up the overall depth to avoid what happened the last 2 years. that top 25 class will be RSSO's this fall.
‘*Scholarship replacements, not direct/next man in replacements.’

So this is true yet you went with

‘why? because they are not 5* players?’

And then provided why…. Maybe re read your posts and count to ten before posting. Your jackwagon rating may go down some

Not expecting him to return, but Cade does technically have two years of eligibility.

Overall i like the look of the guys for the next recruiting class so far; hopefully we get some commits from this weekend. Always tough to do projections like this when coaches also have to pretty much expect or at least anticipate ~10 transfers or guys going pro early.

time to up date the latest comitts
ATH Watson
ATH Parker
DB Godfrey
DE Kennedy
DE Anderson
TE Hoffman
WR Vanden Zee

a real good bunch that was added, now its a matter of keeping them.

Last edited:
Reactions: F5n5
Not expecting him to return, but Cade does technically have two years of eligibility.

Overall i like the look of the guys for the next recruiting class so far; hopefully we get some commits from this weekend. Always tough to do projections like this when coaches also have to pretty much expect or at least anticipate ~10 transfers or guys going pro early.
Why wouldn’t he return ? Every kid like him does one of two things , either is advised they will be drafted and leave or get news they are probably going to be a late round/free agent and stay one more year to boost their draft stock. With NIL he may make more money playing for Iowa in 24 than he would on a practice squad.

Why wouldn’t he return ? Every kid like him does one of two things , either is advised they will be drafted and leave or get news they are probably going to be a late round/free agent and stay one more year to boost their draft stock. With NIL he may make more money playing for Iowa in 24 than he would on a practice squad.
Depends on how his season goes? If the OL is as horrific as it was last year, maybe he wouldn't want to continue to get completely annihilated every time he took a snap for a second season?

Depends on how his season goes? If the OL is as horrific as it was last year, maybe he wouldn't want to continue to get completely annihilated every time he took a snap for a second season?
well yea, but That is a pretty unlikely scenario

well yea, but That is a pretty unlikely scenario

Not sure why you think it’s that unlikely a scenario. One could argue our skill position transfer portal players have upgraded those positions to better quality than we’ve had in a decade. Assuming the o line is simply average, the potential is there for a massive leap by the offense compared to the past two years.

Not going to predict one way or another whether Cade comes back either way - if he leaves after one year I think that means nothing but good things for the program. If he stays I think that’s a sign of the growth of the NIL collective and likewise means good things for the programs.

Reactions: cmhawks99
don't care one way or the other. his NFL Clock is clicking, that is the biggest influence on his decision, besides IA has these as SO's
Labas
Hill the transfer from Wisconsin.

the QB room looks to be in good shape. if he stays my question is does Labas stay or does he leave.

the down side is Cade stays and Labas leaves and future recruiting takes a hit in a bad way.

don't care one way or the other. his NFL Clock is clicking, that is the biggest influence on his decision, besides IA has these as SO's
Labas
Hill the transfer from Wisconsin.

the QB room looks to be in good shape. if he stays my question is does Labas stay or does he leave.

the down side is Cade stays and Labas leaves and future recruiting takes a hit in a bad way.

Quite frankly I expect Labas to leave, with Lainez arriving and resar on deck. And that’s regardless of whether or not Cade returns for a second year or not.

Quite frankly I expect Labas to leave, with Lainez arriving and resar on deck. And that’s regardless of whether or not Cade returns for a second year or not.
You would think. Joey throws will be in year three and has evidently already been passed by Hill who's had even less college playing time and with a different team. Sitting third team , still I'd be shocked if he's here next season

So the o line is so bad this coming season that Cade wants to leave to avoid injury ? Not likely
Injury and/or constantly having his head kicked in .8 seconds after having the ball finally snapped to him...Didn't Charlie Jones leave with 1 year of eligibility left? He obviously and smartly left the dumpster fire of an offense for a better shot at the NFL...Amazingly, he elevated his draft prospects by leaving...

Reactions: Iron Doc
Injury and/or constantly having his head kicked in .8 seconds after having the ball finally snapped to him...Didn't Charlie Jones leave with 1 year of eligibility left? He obviously and smartly left the dumpster fire of an offense for a better shot at the NFL...Amazingly, he elevated his draft prospects by leaving...
where did Charlie get drafted again?

Reactions: Iron Doc
or the O line reverts back to at least average play as demonstrated over the last 20+ seasons and the weapons Cade has are upgraded and Iowa has a good year.
sounds like you are hoping for the worst, which is unlikely to happen.

is Cade better than Petras ? Yes, will the O line be better than last year , if healthy, yes. Are the receivers and backs going to be better, yes. Given all that Iowa still went 8-5 last year and has a more favorable schedule this year.

or the O line reverts back to at least average play as demonstrated over the last 20+ seasons and the weapons Cade has are upgraded and Iowa has a good year.
sounds like you are hoping for the worst, which is unlikely to happen.

is Cade better than Petras ? Yes, will the O line be better than last year , if healthy, yes. Are the receivers and backs going to be better, yes. Given all that Iowa still went 8-5 last year and has a more favorable schedule this year.
The last few year of the OL has been bad. The overall performance has been on a downward slope sine the era's of Philbin an Morgan ended. Some great individual performances...As a unit...no. I want Cade/Iowa to win every game. I have limited confidence BF/Barnett are capable of leading their units to the point Iowa will not be a continually laughingstock.

4th round. Think he would have been drafted that high if he stayed and played in last year's complete and total clusterf*ck of an offense at Iowa?
since Kirk would never promise him what the Purdue did, no and nor do I care. Kirk does not cater to the needs of the one but cares about the needs of the team.
last year the OL was a complete disaster as a unit.

in the off season the coaches addressed the problems on the OL and went out and got WR Brown out of the portal along with TE All from Michigan to improve the offensive output.
4* QB Cade
4* top 1OO WR Brown
4* TE All

bringing in a pair of RSSR OL 5 major pieces to the offense that was needed to improve what was wrong with last years offense,

The last few year of the OL has been bad. The overall performance has been on a downward slope sine the era's of Philbin an Morgan ended. Some great individual performances...As a unit...no. I want Cade/Iowa to win every game. I have limited confidence BF/Barnett are capable of leading their units to the point Iowa will not be a continually laughingstock.
2018 9-4
2019 10-3 #15 ranking
2020 COVID 6-2 #15
2021 10-3 #23

im not seeing the downward slope laughingstock.

Maybe Georgia can piss and moan with that record but no other sane fan base could

Reactions: cmhawks99 and F5n5
yah right, IA is still putting OL into the NFL and they have won more games in the past 5 years than they have at any 5 year period under Kirk, plus they just had the longest stretch in the Top 25 under Kirk

steady decline since Philbin and Morgan bull shit, Brian as the OL coach did something by having his OL awarded the Joe Moore award for the best OL.

the offense is in good hands with Brian and the OL is in good hands with Barnett, Feth is here because of Barnett as he was previously coached by Barnett while he was at Miami, Ohio.

2018 9-4
2019 10-3 #15 ranking
2020 COVID 6-2 #15
2021 10-3 #23

Maybe Georgia can piss and moan with that record but no other sane fan base could
Defense and special teams. Iowa's offense and their performance were a total laughingstock by every commentator on every network. When you finish 130th in offense, you earn that. The OL has been putrid for a few years. Iowa had to spend alot of money doing everything they could to improve the offense. The administration had to force contract stipulations upon the OC...When the "academic" folks are aware of how disastrous the football teams offensive performance has been..that should atleast turn the light bulb on in your head about how bad the offensive performance has been.

Reactions: nu2u and RothMatt
Yes you are basing your whole grievance on one season, and ignoring the 22 seasons preceding it. Rebuilding years are a reality for every program, especially outside the top five blue bloods. injuries, departures, recruiting busts, it can happen. To have everything go wrong with the O line and still come out of it 8-5 is pretty impressive.

Theres a reason Phil Steel picked Iowa as one of his break out teams for 2023. If the over and under is less than nine I’d be all over it. O line has always been a strength for Iowa and will continue to be.

Iowa is the 16th winningest program in the last ten years.

Yes you are basing your whole grievance on one season, and ignoring the 22 seasons preceding it. Rebuilding years are a reality for every program, especially outside the top five blue bloods. injuries, departures, recruiting busts, it can happen. To have everything go wrong with the O line and still come out of it 8-5 is pretty impressive.

Theres a reason Phil Steel picked Iowa as one of his break out teams for 2023. If the over and under is less than nine I’d be all over it. O line has always been a strength for Iowa and will continue to be.

Iowa is the 16th winningest program in the last ten years.
You think the stipulations forced upon Brian Ferentz were based on 1 season?

Reactions: nu2u
You think the stipulations forced upon Brian Ferentz were based on 1 season?
with you yes as you ignore that he won 51 games to just 23 losses. take out his 1st season of 8 wins and replace it with a 8 win season this past season and the totals don't change 51 wins and 23 losses for a 69.9% winning percentage. that's one hell of winning %. for any coach at the FBS level.

ooo cry me a f'n river they did not put up X-Box numbers. but then again I don't recall a KF team ever doing that in his entire time here.

• Haha
Reactions: F5n5 and RothMatt
2018 9-4
2019 10-3 #15 ranking
2020 COVID 6-2 #15
2021 10-3 #23

Which season were they based on ? 10-3 sucks, we need to be 13-0:and win the NC every year ?

Which season were they based on ? 10-3 sucks, we need to be 13-0:and win the NC every year ?
these posters have passed Nebraska fans as now 10 win season are no longer good enough is 12-0 BTChampionship and make the CFB playoffs every year or the coaches and the players are Failures.

with you yes as you ignore that he won 51 games to just 23 losses. take out his 1st season of 8 wins and replace it with a 8 win season this past season and the totals don't change 51 wins and 23 losses for a 69.9% winning percentage. that's one hell of winning %. for any coach at the FBS level.

ooo cry me a f'n river they did not put up X-Box numbers. but then again I don't recall a KF team ever doing that in his entire time here.
I didn't force BF to take a pay cut or have performance standards placed in his contract. You understand that, correct?

Reactions: nu2u
these posters have passed Nebraska fans as now 10 win season are no longer good enough is 12-0 BTChampionship and make the CFB playoffs every year or the coaches and the players are Failures.
Apparently so, I can’t understand how someone could trash the coaches after a ten win season at Iowa. Let’s be realistic here. I’m afraid after KF retires reality will set in. This is a mid tier program in a state of 3 million who is never going to have the same money as the top programs.

We definitely punch above our weight nearly every season.

Apparently so, I can’t understand how someone could trash the coaches after a ten win season at Iowa. Let’s be realistic here. I’m afraid after KF retires reality will set in. This is a mid tier program in a state of 3 million who is never going to have the same money as the top programs.

We definitely punch above our weight nearly every season.
you are talking to the wind and so called fans that know nothing about this team.. talking this team up as if it was loaded witn top 5 recruiting classes on par with OSU, Alabama and Georgia,

you are talking to the wind and so called fans that know nothing about this team.. talking this team up as if it was loaded witn top 5 recruiting classes on par with OSU, Alabama and Georgia,
Just stop while your behind for Christs sake. Your so full of crap your eyes are brown. If anyone says anything negative, (even totally justified), you lash out and scorch the earth on 90% of all the posters here, who made no such comment. You have zero reasoning skill, or common sense, and can't differentiate between whiners, and those who are 100% Hawk fans and just want the team to maximize their potential. You wouldn't know a Hawk fan if he came up and smacked you in the face.....

yah right, IA is still putting OL into the NFL and they have won more games in the past 5 years than they have at any 5 year period under Kirk, plus they just had the longest stretch in the Top 25 under Kirk

steady decline since Philbin and Morgan bull shit, Brian as the OL coach did something by having his OL awarded the Joe Moore award for the best OL.

the offense is in good hands with Brian and the OL is in good hands with Barnett, Feth is here because of Barnett as he was previously coached by Barnett while he was at Miami, Ohio.
"the offense is in good hands with Brian and the OL is in good hands with Barnett..."

------Are you (and F5n5) on drugs??? Those two clowns need to be exiled to Siberia! What part of 130/131 don't you understand?

"the offense is in good hands with Brian and the OL is in good hands with Barnett..."

------Are you (and F5n5) on drugs??? Those two clowns need to be exiled to Siberia! What part of 130/131 don't you understand?
what don't you understand about 51 wins and 23 losses in 5 years don't you don't understand and 4 straight top 25 finishes.

yet all you have to fall back on is just one season.

what a total ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT