ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark salary going viral

ottumwan in tx

HR King
Oct 26, 2002
Or lack thereof. I only listen to AM radio all day, so far Glenn Beck, then clay and buck , I am sure all the big hitters are going to talk about it. Basically saying the WNBA has never made money in 25 yrs.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Or lack thereof. I only listen to AM radio all day, so far Glenn Beck, then clay and buck , I am sure all the big hitters are going to talk about it. Basically saying the WNBA has never made money in 25 yrs.
Well you just explained in your own post the lack thereof why the salary is low. The wnba loses money. Don’t see too many companies paying out high salaries while also losing money.
Well minus our great government leaders.
Speaking of which, I think it’s time we give them another raise.

Who is Caitlin Clark?
The world's biggest distraction, taking our minds off of how horrible life is in the USA under joe brandon, and how horrible the economy is, and how ten million extra people are clogging up the system now, with their hands out. and how bad it is here and now. and how WW3 is brewing. until the injustice of not paying our distraction 26 mil a year hits home.

I agree with the general sentiment that WNBA players are entertainers, and they should only be paid a share of what they bring in the door. I also agree that the player salary amounts collectively bargained for are binding. With that being said, the fixed rookie contract salary amount, as applied to Clark, is ludicrously low, given she is singlehandedly smashing all of the assumptions that went into the collectively bargained for salary structure before she was ever a part of the WNBA. The WNBA is going to reap a huge windfall, after years of being subsidized by the NBA. What will the WNBA do with that windfall? That will be interesting.

Last edited:
The world's biggest distraction, taking our minds off of how horrible life is in the USA under joe brandon, and how horrible the economy is, and how ten million extra people are clogging up the system now, with their hands out. and how bad it is here and now. and how WW3 is brewing. until the injustice of not paying our distraction 26 mil a year hits home.
And to think I participated in this thread based on your OP.
awkward d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

Good think Trump went to a Bodega yesterday then.

You are so full of sh*t. Just because you choose to go all-in on right wing fear mongering news and are miserable because of it, that no way means that everything in this country is terrible and everyone else’s life is horrible. I have lived through some really difficult times and I’ve had to tolerate terrible political leadership at times, but I have never felt the way that you are describing yourself and supposedly everyone else in the country does. Get over your histrionic self.

I agree with the general sentiment that WNBA players are entertainers, and they should only be paid a share of what they bring in the door. I also agree that the players salary amounts collectively bargained for are binding. With that being said, the fixed rookie contract salary amount, as applied to Clark, is ludicrously low, given she is singlehandedly smashing all of the assumptions that went into the collectively bargained for salary structure before she was ever a part of the WNBA. The WNBA is going to reap a huge windfall, after years of being subsidized by the NBA. What will the WNBA do with that windfall? That will be interesting.
I wish the WNBA the best but I'll be surprised if the audience follows her to the NBA. WCBB had the perfect storm this year, last years champ was the perfect villian, and had several physically pretty girls, then there is this upstart from a fly over state that broke all the records and got 2nd last year, then you have a phenom out on the west coast, the traditional blue blood ( uconn) and the team no one really talked about, went undefeated and crushed everyone else.

I watched WCBB because of the story lines, I won't be watching the WNBA, and while I can only speak foe myself, I imagine many others are like me.

Once again this is just more crying from people who don't know what they're talking about. The WNBA is a league that's been on life support for 2 decades. If not for men propping up the league it wouldn't exist. CC might be changing the game (no pun intended) a bit with ticket sales and tv ratings... time will tell and whether or not it's sustained or a flash in the pan is another question.

But Clark's rookie contract seems fine to me for a league that earns negative revenue.

I wish the WNBA the best but I'll be surprised if the audience follows her to the NBA. WCBB had the perfect storm this year, last years champ was the perfect villian, and had several physically pretty girls, then there is this upstart from a fly over state that broke all the records and got 2nd last year, then you have a phenom out on the west coast, the traditional blue blood ( uconn) and the team no one really talked about, went undefeated and crushed everyone else.

I watched WCBB because of the story lines, I won't be watching the WNBA, and while I can only speak foe myself, I imagine many others are like me.
Who knows, but I think you are underestimating her fanbase, which now will only grow given she is a member of a pro team in a big city, in a basketball crazy state. If she gets the invite to the olympics, and has some success as a rookie, this will will only snowball. I would add that some of the college storylines continue. She is added to a team that has struggled mightily over the past few years, kind of like she was part of David taking on Goliath for the past couple of seasons in March Madness. But her current David has some legit talent and last year's rookie of the year, who also happens to have ties to Clark's collegiate career. I think women's college BB takes a big step back next year for viewership, and many of those lost viewers are just transferring their interest to her in the WNBA. But, as I first stated, who knows.

Lol what a little drama queen princess you are.

I'm pretty sure people will watch her first couple of games just to see how she does I don't know if they will be every week watchers religiously
You are probably right for some people. The wrinkle in this is that the season is only 40 games, and this is an Olympic year. We will just have to see how it plays out.

That will change with the next media rights deal that is expected to at least double in value. But it still won't compare to the NBA's draft pick contracts.

You lead a really sad existence. Maybe don’t listen to AM radio so much. Read a book or maybe exercise . Put the Oreos and Doritos down.

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkMD and nelly02
Caitlin will be fine. She’s made millions and will continue making millions with endorsements.
I really wonder what Kate Martins salary would be if she makes the team. Can’t imagine a reserve making much in the WNBA.

Caitlin will be fine. She’s made millions and will continue making millions with endorsements.
I really wonder what Kate Martins salary would be if she makes the team. Can’t imagine a reserve making much in the WNBA.
Whether Caitlin will be fine personally due to endorsements is a separate issue. To me, the relevant issue is what should be done the expected leaguewide windfall which she is personally responsible for bringing to the league.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
Tony Perkins is more valuable than Caitlin Clark? That always makes me laugh.
What endorsements did Perkins have in college? Imagine how much a school would pay for Clark if she entered the portal for her 5th year.

It would make Perkins look like pocket change.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Whether Caitlin will be fine personally due to endorsements is a separate issue. To me, the relevant issue is what should be done the expected leaguewide windfall which she is personally responsible for bringing to the league.
Did the NBA pioneers get paid significantly more than everyone else in their rookie years or did it take a little time for them to make more money?
she’s already making millions in endorsements, guessing the first people signing endorsements weren’t making millions. Do you have a problem with her making that much instantly?

I don't know when the current CBA expires or when they negotiate a new TV deal, but I'll be interested in seeing how salaries look after seeing the CC effect in the WNBA

Reactions: Tenacious E
Did the NBA pioneers get paid significantly more than everyone else in their rookie years or did it take a little time for them to make more money?
she’s already making millions in endorsements, guessing the first people signing endorsements weren’t making millions. Do you have a problem with her making that much instantly?
Do I have a problem with Clark making millions "instantly" with endorsements? What a silly question. Try reading my posts again in this thread as to what my points are. If you read them and can formulate a cogent question, I would look forward to answering it.

What endorsements did Perkins have in college? Imagine how much a school would pay for Clark if she entered the portal for her 5th year.

It would make Perkins look like pocket change.
That's a really interesting question. Let's say Clark came back to school this year and opened up her services to the highest bidder. What would she fetch? $1M? $5M? More?

She is their best chance of making the WNBA financially viable and self sustaining.

No doubt there will be a ton of brand new women fans who never watched a WNBA game in their life and the only WNBA player they can name is Caitlyn Clark who will be complaining about this.

Of course the reason for the salary disparity will be because they never watched before.

After the Saturday night live deal I'm thinking she could have a career outside of basketball if the WNBA doesn't work

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
I don't know when the current CBA expires or when they negotiate a new TV deal, but I'll be interested in seeing how salaries look after seeing the CC effect in the WNBA

Weird thing is that the WNBA is going to be heavily invested in her success as a player. It might be the perfect storm for conspiracy theories to start popping up about the WNBA rigging games the way they do for men's sports.

And honestly it would make even more sense. The WNBA is more invested in her success as a player than possibly any sports league has ever been in one individual player.

I’m so glad that - even if I tried - I couldn’t warp my brain enough to put words like this down on a page together. What a clusterphuck of synapses, cells, and nerves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT