ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark Wins James E Sullivan Award

pablow

HR Legend
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2010
Didn't see a thread here -

Award goes to top amateur athlete in USA. In the last four years, U of I athletes have won twice. Spencer Lee was co-winner in 2019.
Quite an accomplishment for the Hawks.
Let's gloat!

Didn't see a thread here -

Award goes to top amateur athlete in USA. In the last four years, U of I athletes have won twice. Spencer Lee was co-winner in 2019.
Quite an accomplishment for the Hawks.
Let's gloat!
She’s a once in a generation transcendent athlete, and a great young lady. Wish she’d picked the Cyclones, but Lisa has been a great coach for her.

Too bad CC didn't win the Final 4 MVP. She deserved it for her performance throughout the tourney, but the Swamp Barbie had to get something. Cailtin has her name in the history books, along with every other honor known to mankind.

Reactions: jasonrann
Good chance she’ll end her college career as the all time leading scorer in NCAA women’s basketball history. She needs 811 points to break the record. Her first 3 years were:

Probably top 3-5 in career assists and 3 pointers too.

Good chance she’ll end her college career as the all time leading scorer in NCAA women’s basketball history. She needs 811 points to break the record. Her first 3 years were:

I hope Lisa lets her go for the scoring record and triple double records. She was close last year in most games. The possible injury factor plays into the decision and Iowa was blowing out most teams. Opposing coaches won't begrudge Bluder for letting Caitlin go for records.

Reactions: Pinehawk
A middle school boy could beat her.
Ocean Clicking GIF

Reactions: BelemNole

She can do it. 811 points, 30 games (not counting exhibitions, and probable holiday tourney extra games), if she averages 27.0 points/game she will break the all-time scoring record before the B1G tourney.

I hope this year isn't a let down. She seems to be very very busy doing tons of stuff not in a gym. I hope it doesn't come back on her. What a great representative for the Hawks. Very cool!

I hope this year isn't a let down. She seems to be very very busy doing tons of stuff not in a gym. I hope it doesn't come back on her. What a great representative for the Hawks. Very cool!

Kinda like how do you improve on perfection, right? I see she is working on her shot reps and fundamentals, but the distractions have to be a killer. MJ handled it. Made a billion.

Caitlin Clarks don't come down the pike often. I hope she has the post support to keep her assist numbers and most importantly her health. Every sports network will have its eyes on her every game. Triple-double watch will be a new sports headline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT